View Poll Results: BFA GCD changes, are they good?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes

20 20.20%
  • No

79 79.80%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bad...there is no reason for it to be there. They wanted to slow down gameplay, but all it did was making it all feel clunky for no pay-off. You still wanna maximise CD stacking, you just have to lose time on buffs and keep pressing CD's until you can start using your rotation.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

As fire mage it feels like playing with lag, absolutely terrible 0/10
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Made bad class design feel worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unanimously bad. Anyone who disagrees is probably a one-trick pony playing a class that isn't affected by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People make it out like it’s classic or something where every thing is on the GCD
    Which is ironic, since cooldowns like Arcane Power are off the GCD in classic (as they were in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion)

I dont mind it, but there are still some abilities that feels weird having a GCD.
    Like empowering abilites, where you get X amount of stronger, but you have to activate 2 of them.

First you activate one, get a buff, then activate another one. And you lost 2 sec on the first one with for example 10 sec duration and just got to aut-attack.
    Meanwhile, you were CCed

It feels horrible especially as a holy paladin since we have so many healing cooldowns that used to be off the GCD. Wings, holy avenger, and aura (and trinket). Not to mention how they removed the aura of sacrifice from legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Just curious how many people here agree with the BFA GCD changes, im personally with streamers like Preach and them that its a negative for the game but lmk why or why not and im sorry for the bad poll.
    I like it. I don't like complex fast rotations. Ideal rotation for me would be frost bolt spam. That's one thing done right in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I like it. I don't like complex fast rotations. Ideal rotation for me would be frost bolt spam. That's one thing done right in Classic.
    Yet Arcane Power is off the GCD in classic - are you managing to cope with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    the gcd change, along with the general pruning that happened in wod and legion is what killed the game for me.
    I'm inclined to agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defensive cooldowns should never be on GCD imo. It still feels awkward on dps cooldowns, but thankfully I at least don't play a class with multiple cooldowns.

Neither really.
    Forgot they even happened at this point.
    Not like every other ability you press isn't on the GCD already.
    It does make for a lot more planning ahead though, especially as a Blood DK with Death Grip on the GCD now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Which is ironic, since cooldowns like Arcane Power are off the GCD in classic (as they were in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion)
    Can’t speak for any thing but pallys for classic but as far as I can tell every single pally spell is on the gcd.

They are a major contributor to people disliking BFA so no, they are not good.

I feel the gcd change itself isn’t that bad, but they either went to far or didn’t adjust some classes properly.

Like ww monk had multiple dps CDs, hitting touch of death and sef feels terrible. But fury warrior only has one cd so it’s really not that big of deal. But I think they still had more than one when they first made the change and it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Can’t speak for any thing but pallys for classic but as far as I can tell every single pally spell is on the gcd.
    Do paladin's have dps/hps cooldowns in classic? Apart from Divine Favor, which you presumably know is off the GCD?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do paladin's have dps/hps cooldowns in classic? Apart from Divine Favor, which you presumably know is off the GCD?
    No I don’t believe they do other then define favor which you’re right isn’t on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of changes in this game that I eventually got used to... but popping CDs in such a slow pace still annoys me right to this day.

So... its a NO for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet Arcane Power is off the GCD in classic - are you managing to cope with that?
    Classic is not ideal, yeah.