Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    She literally thought that Sargeras' Blade was a gift in the Before the Storm novel. Pretty sure she would LOVE to stand atop a dead world.

- - - Updated - - -

She doesn't like Azeroth anyway.
    She wants the world dead sure but....if the planet was destroyed like that image that wouldn't benefit Sylvanas. Not at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She wants the world dead sure but....if the planet was destroyed like that image that wouldn't benefit Sylvanas. Not at all.
    For her, her existence is torment. She views the world as a prison. For her to really die, no afterlife in the Maw or elsewhere, would probably mean to be able to finally rest forever and to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty sure she'd still go to the Maw, and release the Jailer with the souls of the people of Azeroth...

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Of course. Why should we treat Eyir better than water elementals?
    I believe that Mage water elementals are artificial constructs that lack the sentience of those who shaman call on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Slavery is fine if you have a cool beard and say valor all the time"

If Sylvanas was a villain in legion then Odyn should have been a villain.
    Odyn is indeed awful, but the player is never shown his crimes. Helya is absolutely the victim, but we've only been shown the one side of the story in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Again, she hates Azeroth, and wants the World gone. She wants everyone to die, so that she could become the goddess of "Death". Why do you think she tore the rift between the Shadowlands and Azeroth to begin with? She wants Azeroth gone.
    I am sure she doesn't want to be killed by Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    What sylvanas does with the forsaken is the same that eyir does with the vrykul, only worse because the vrykul are brainwashed to actually belive it is righteous.
    From my point both are the same, so who cares who actually has the power? If it's the same just different color
    Eyir actually does nothing with them. They serve in Odyn's army which did nothing aside from drinking beer when we take care of old gods.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I think Sylvy wasn’t planning to burn Teldrassil at first. She wanted to kill Malfurion. But that got screwed up, so she burned the tree to spark the kind of war she needed, and to compensate for not sending a near godlike Druid to beef up the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I think Sylvy wasn’t planning to burn Teldrassil at first. She wanted to kill Malfurion. But that got screwed up, so she burned the tree to spark the kind of war she needed, and to compensate for not sending a near godlike Druid to beef up the Maw.
    This was what we all thought. Apparently, burning Teldrassil was all part of her "master plan" instead. Like, nani tf?

This was what we all thought. Apparently, burning Teldrassil was all part of her "master plan" instead. Like, nani tf?
    I watched the panels at BlizzCon and I don’t remember them saying that. I think people might be over interpreting something.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I believe that Mage water elementals are artificial constructs that lack the sentience of those who shaman call on.
    They are not. In Legion it was stated that mages don't trust them but some cryomancers befriended them.
    Odyn is indeed awful, but the player is never shown his crimes. Helya is absolutely the victim, but we've only been shown the one side of the story in-game.
    It would be nice if there was a possibility to read her version of saga.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I watched the panels at BlizzCon and I don’t remember them saying that. I think people might be over interpreting something.
    Apparently, all the "good" souls since Sylvanas' pact with the Jailer have been going to the Maw, and fueling the Jailer's power. This includes the people of Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaan View Post
    All allied races considered, the horde canonically most likely cleared out the Nighthold - so I'd put more weight into what he says to the Horde than the Alliance.
    Well, Sunwell Plateu was lorewise important raid for the blood elves, yet the Alliance got credit for it. I think that Nighthold is gonna be one of those raids where the credit is either given to both factions or neither, since the heroes of the Legion expansion are (at the time) neutral class order leaders. Not to mention that in Nazjatar, Thalyssra mentions how both factions helped her reclaim Suramar and we can see both Liadrin and Vereesa in the Nighthold cinematic (even though they didn't take part in the actual fight). I wouldn't be surprised if Gul'dan canonically taunted members of each faction right before the fight. Even if he predicted the events of Shadowlands, it doesn't really change the fact that he was just trying to get under his opponents' skin.
    Last edited by DarkKnight2629; 2019-11-15 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are not. In Legion it was stated that mages don't trust them but some cryomancers befriended them.
    If they're befriended, they're not enslaved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Doubtful. They weren't planning for Sylvanas to be a big bad at that point. More likely he is talking about whoever is considered the true embodiment of Death in WoW or Helya maybe at the time.
    They literally said on Blizzcon that Shadowlands has been in the works since Legion? Obviously it's referring to her and Shadowlands.

Apparently, all the "good" souls since Sylvanas' pact with the Jailer have been going to the Maw, and fueling the Jailer's power. This includes the people of Teldrassil.
    That just means she intended to murder a whole hell of a lot of people. She still could've been making snap decisions on the specifics.

Killing Malfurion, then occupying Teldrassil and starting a war, would've been just as effective. Since she missed Malfy, she just killed everyone else.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Right? In what way? She tried to enslave Eyir to take the power of the Val'kyr for herself. How is enslaving someone for your own purposes, especially an Ally in the fight against the Legion, right?
    This seems be false. According to a recent interview the lantarn isnt what we think it is. I csnt find the interviee tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This seems be false. According to a recent interview the lantarn isnt what we think it is. I csnt find the interviee tho..
    The lantern might not have whatever use we think it has, but Sylvanas literally says in the cinematic "Submit, for the Val'kyr are mine."

Whatever she wanted to do with the Val'kyr, she is enslaving Eyir. We can see it happening in front of us. Sylvanas is telling her to submit to her.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If they're befriended, they're not enslaved.
    It depends on mage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yeah, when i heard that i ended up getting the impression she was trying to enslave Eyir in order to have her and her valkyr start sending the souls they claim to the maw instead of to Odyn or where ever else they end up.

Doesn't change the fact Sylvanas was still being an evil shitstain and enslaving things though.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That just means she intended to murder a whole hell of a lot of people. She still could've been making snap decisions on the specifics.

Killing Malfurion, then occupying Teldrassil and starting a war, would've been just as effective. Since she missed Malfy, she just killed everyone else.
    That's where I've been leaning every since they made a point at Blizzcon to mention not all souls are equal, the greater ones yielding more anima that is used in the Shadowlands. It's pretty clear that Malfurion would be a massive anima boon to the Maw, and having lost that a tree full of dead Nightelves may be a good second.

On that same note, that should say something concerning her ultimate motives, of which we still don't know and can only speculate. If the above turns out to be true, there is weight in the choice of killing Malfurion before resorting to burning down Teldrassil. On some level, I think the story is going to lead Sylvannas into still caring on some level about the world, and that her ultimate motivations are to save Azeroth in some capacity. To that end, her initial choice of orchestrating the killing off a few big sources of anima versus just mass killing of people of lesser anima to the same end sort of reflects upon what her actual motivations may be. Doesn't mean she can't be misguided and performing deeds that can be viewed as evil, but her character is portrayed as a lot more calculating than just being a chaotic mass murderer.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2019-11-16 at 09:27 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    You think the "she" he is mentioning is Sylvanas or "death"?
    I think he might be talking about the Arbiter.