Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Shadowlands is the perfect chance to have lots of good characters killed

I mean characters you never expected can die to die in the pre launch event when the Scourge goes on a bloody rampage across Azeroth. Even the most important characters like Jaina, Anduin, Dragon Aspects, Baine, Malfurion, Thrall and many other characters. Now before you say killing off all those important characters would be extremely bad for the story. You're right but only if they stay dead forever. We are going to bring them back to the living from the Shadowlands later.

The Shadowlands was never meant to be open, it's the afterlife so you can be sure we'll end up closing the portal to it at the end of the expansion. But for the time being, it's the perfect chance to have lots of characters killed and then be bought back and this is probably the only expansion for this chance.

Now why would this be a good idea. Because we'll get to see all the hidden guilt, dirty secrets, and other hidden struggles each of these character have when they're in the Shadowlands which is basically hell/afterlife etc. And we the heroes will help them with each of their personal problems, problems that they will never ever reveal in life. Characters who people thought were noble, pure, and flawless might actually be perverts, sick in the head, or violent deep inside.

Example Baine might have murdered a fellow tauren when he was younger somewhere outside of thunderbluff long ago and hid the body. He regretted it and wants to make up for that act so now he acts extra kind and nice but that guilt is still there and we'll help him overcome it.

Thrall may have been a angry abuser to his wife which might explain why he looked so lonely and sad when Saurfang came to Outland to find him. Why was he living in a broken camp, where was his family, what happened to them? And you'll find out Thrall have something to do with it.

Malfurion secretly controlling Tyrande to love him so it's not out of free will and other dark secrets we'll learn.

Jaina might have cheated when she was with Arthas with another species even like Thrall in the past etc. Something she never wants to reveal to anyone.

Anduin being a drug addict and has ties to Vanessa Vancleef.

Glenn is secretly madly in love with Sylvanas.

Garosh could have secretly went back in time through the cavern of time to do something he never want to remember etc.

Alleria being a assassin as a secret part time job etc.

Many things, many possibilities can be revealed within each of their characters. Their darkest secrets which you'll help them overcome in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-15 at 08:34 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

I think it's the perfect chance to see some dead characters again.

You're saying that Legion wasn't the perfect opportunity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    All i want is dead High King Anduinn Wrynn. Master of Human Potential. Supreme Leader of Azeroth. Just die in fire!
    *Boiking inquisition wants to know your location*

OT: They already said that "not everyone will make it" so expect a similar show to what we had in broken shore. Whats really interesting is if there is anyone on horde left for shock effect death.

Edit: Oh yeah, Theron. So i guess its time to say goodbye to him.

It sounds as if this 'confrontation at Icecrown' with Sylvanas is going to go horribly wrong (of course). Might be a few heroes/champions that die there.

All i want is dead High King Anduinn Wrynn. Master of Human Potential. Supreme Leader of Azeroth. Just die in fire!
    I have no idea how Alliance players can be a fan of his story.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary. It would be absolutely lame.
    "Everyone has died! This game finally has consequences and mortality! ...oh. They are all fine. Okay".

Your suggestion would wipe out ALL sense of danger, because hey, people die, but it's not like they die-die, eh?

The perfect occasion to show a helpless world was Legion. They could have killed important figures there to make them appear again after Shadow lands. Maybe they want to bring back Tirion? Idk, but if not, that ship has sailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how shit blizzard has seemed to be when it comes to building up new characters, I'd really hope they'd leave most of the current crop alone. Make the current cast actually well done instead of just killing them off to be replaced with no one. High bar I know but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I mean characters you never expected can die to die in the pre launch event when the Scourge goes on a bloody rampage across Azeroth. Even the most important characters like Jaina, Anduin, Dragon Aspects, Baine, Malfurion, Thrall and many other characters. Now before you say killing off all those important characters would be extremely bad for the story. You're right but only if they stay dead forever. We are going to bring them back to the living from the Shadowlands later.

The Shadowlands was never meant to be open, it's the afterlife so you can be sure we'll end up closing the portal to it at the end of the expansion. But for the time being, it's the perfect chance to have lots of characters killed and then be bought back and this is probably the only expansion for this chance.

Now why would this be a good idea. Because we'll get to see all the hidden guilt, dirty secrets, and other hidden struggles each of these character have when they're in the Shadowlands which is basically hell/afterlife etc. And we the heroes will help them with each of their personal problems, problems that they will never ever reveal in life.

Example Baine might have murdered a fellow tauren when he was younger somewhere outside of thunderbluff long ago and hid the body. He regretted it and wants to make up for that act so now he acts extra kind and nice but that guilt is still there and we'll help him overcome it.

Thrall may have been a angry abuser to his wife which might explain why he looked so lonely and sad when Saurfang came to Outland to find him. Why was he living in a broken camp, where was his family, what happened to them? And you'll find out Thrall have something to do with it.

Malfurion secretly controlling Tyrande to love him so it's not out of free will and other dark secrets we'll learn.

Jaina might have cheated when she was with Arthas with another species even like Thrall in the past etc. Something she never wants to reveal to anyone.

Anduin being a drug addict and has ties to Vanessa Vancleef.

Garosh could have secretly went back in time through the cavern of time to do something he never want to remember etc.

Alleria being a assassin as a secret part time job etc.

Many things, many possibilities can be revealed within each of their characters. Their darkest secrets which you'll help them overcome in the Shadowlands.
    If killing off the characters to explore their personalities, dreams, secrets and thoughts, and then bringing them back conveniently is a good way to create a story, then good luck.

You know what is Shadowlands a good opportunity for? To kill the main characters off without bringing them back and create some proper story at last, with fresh, brand-new personas. There's nothing worse than meeting "long-dead characters" for the sake of emotional-ride. And so will happen: Uther, Kael'thas, Draka and fuck knows who else. My bet is on Arthas storyline.

Blizzard can't get more creative than that, so it's easy money to be made on bets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want him dead, cause that will somehow make him a legend, and that will only push another human to be the head of the Alliance

Martyrdom is a powerful thing, and Anduin would definitely die a martyr no matter how his story ends. That's... another sad thought to add to the pile

Kill them Infinity War style
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

First Pokemon, now WoW. Let's Thanos Snap every media franchise!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post

*snip*
    Hard pass, terrible ideas.

You've basically suggested Avengers Infinity War, where they killed half of everyone off and it had next to no emotional impact since we already knew the sequel would bring them back?

"Oh noes Spider-man doesn't feel so good - oh right, he's got the sequel to Homecoming that was confirmed to take place after Endgame."

I'm glad you guys don't work for Blizz, goodness.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-11-15 at 08:43 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I want a mega thread for people whining about good characters but we don't get what we want do we?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I have no idea how Alliance players can be a fan of his story.
    Because it's a good written story? Not every character has to be some secretly evil rapist murderer fucking GoT garbage to be interesting. He's one of the only consistent characters in the lore but this forums HATES consistency in character, they'd rather everything MORALLY GREY nihilistic shit.

Who is left to kill that anyone really cares about at this point?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    First Pokemon, now WoW. Let's Thanos Snap every media franchise!
    World of Warcraft: Thanos Snap™

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I want a mega thread for people whining about good characters but we don't get what we want do we?

Because it's a good written story? Not every character has to be some secretly evil rapist murderer fucking GoT garbage to be interesting. He's one of the only consistent characters in the lore but this forums HATES consistency in character, they'd rather everything MORALLY GREY nihilistic shit.
    Agreed on both points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Who is left to kill that anyone really cares about at this point?
    Say what you will about the game's writing, but WoW is still full of characters that players have history with.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    You're saying that Legion wasn't the perfect opportunity?
    More should have died honestly. Like Rommath and Rommul or Jessera of Mac'Aree on Argus.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    More should have died honestly. Like Rommath and Rommul or Jessera of Mac'Aree on Argus.
    Would anyone have really cared if those characters had died, though?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Is it? I'll clarify my previous statement a bit, I don't understand how Alliance players who main races that aren't humans care for him as their "Peacechief" considering he seems to have little consistency about backing up his own allies when they are slaughtered.