Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I’ve brought this up with my girlfriends over the years and everyone says they want pockets and they don’t understand why they don’t have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It maeks no sense to not have pcoetks
    so...you're saying, that you've seen every pair of woman's pants ever made?
    There are plenty of women's jeans that have pockets. :P
    *where else are they gonna carry the key to their bf or hubby's cell*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The way I see it, pockets are for stuff you need to get at fairly immediately (like keys or a phone), while purses are for carrying spare stuff or emergency stuff (exception of a wallet).

Also, I go to a fair amount of sports events. More and more stadiums are just outright banning purses so now you need either a small clutch (ew) or a clear bag (ew if you're carrying feminine sanitary products). So pockets would be wonderfuly useful.
    Damn, also a good point. It sounds like I need to stop working towards a software engineer degree and just focus on making women's pants with pockets; I'd clearly make a killing.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It maeks no sense to not have pcoetks
    Fashion over function for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Putting it down to biology is just a cop out for people who don't bother reading more deeply into social phenomena.

Like; what actual reason is there for men *not* to wear dresses and skirts? Biologically speaking, it keeps the nuts cooler and less restricted. So surely that must explain the dress being a common article of menswear...oh wait, it isn't.

Because fashion. And also sexism.
    Men don't wear skirts because of horses, broadly speaking.

It's hard to effectively ride and wear a skirt. Sidesaddle isn't very useful as an anchor and not that comfortable for long distances. Pre-horse skirts were actually fairly common, and men that wore pants were looked on as strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Plenty of pants I see marketed to women have pockets.

I just choose the ones without because I prefer to store my phone in my chest pocket (sealed, on the inside of the coat/jacket) and my bank card in a small leather pouch attached to my wrist via chain. I do have a purse, but cba to use it.
    attached to your wrist? Like with handcuff sort of thing?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    attached to your wrist? Like with handcuff sort of thing?
    Forgive me if I botch explaining it, but here goes: So, the pouch itself is made of leather with a chain sown into it and fortifying throughout the pouch. The chain also makes up the handle, and I'll simply fasten it to my wrist using a simple loop tie. When it's cold outside I'll put on a wristband made out of wool before looping the pouch chain on there.

It sits like a mothafluffa and the principle is that the harder someone pulls on the pouch, the harder it clamps onto my wrist. But the pouch is small enough to never be conspicuous anyways. <.<

Forgive me if I botch explaining it, but here goes: So, the pouch itself is made of leather with a chain sown into it and fortifying throughout the pouch. The chain also makes up the handle, and I'll simply fasten it to my wrist using a simple loop tie. When it's cold outside I'll put on a wristband made out of wool before looping the pouch chain on there.

It sits like a mothafluffa and the principle is that the harder someone pulls on the pouch, the harder it clamps onto my wrist. But the pouch is small enough to never be conspicuous anyways. <.<
    oh right, yeah I do that when carrying bags or what not due to you having to "grab" whatever you are carrying as much and can do it more relaxed. Just that when I read attached it sounded like like it was carried around like some government agent carrying sensitive documents.

Does that mean you always carry something(it) in your hand? I would be annoyed and would prefer a bag around my shoulder or something tho.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Plenty of pants I see marketed to women have pockets.

I just choose the ones without because I prefer to store my phone in my chest pocket (sealed, on the inside of the coat/jacket) and my bank card in a small leather pouch attached to my wrist via chain. I do have a purse, but cba to use it.
    Why do women need pockets when they have a bra to put stuff in? Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The story goes that modern purses are an evolution from the industrial revolution, when a dude noticed that his wife's purse was too small to carry her own stuff. I guess when carrying solid coins with you became less of a thing, men didn't adopt or continue the trend of having purses, while women did. Functionality I guess.

You can argue that carried over to pants design.

Also, are we going to ignore the generalization (justifiable I'd wager) that women carry their lives in their handbags/purses?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If you can fit other stuff in the bra I think you need a better fitting bra.

It's also gross and trashy.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-11-14 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Nothing about women's fashion makes sense.
    To be fair, men's fashion doesn't make any sense at times either.
    Guys wearing the pants below their ass cheeks...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Because Americans care more for a tight ass then pockets? In my 43 years, I’ve never had pants without pockets and had no idea that was an issue, until I entered the world of internet and learned that pockets are rare in the US. Even so, you can get pants with pockets in the US too, but apparently women don’t want those.
    Pockets are not rare in the US, literally got done shopping for the GF a few weeks ago. Her only request for Jeans, they must have pockets.

They say there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers, so... I can't speak for everyone, but why would I want to stuff my phone and my bank card and house keys into my bra...? Since I don't wear a bra that's 1 or 2 sizes too big, I'd have to squeeze the stuff in there and then they'd be against my skin with all that entails.

I hope my answer cleared it up. And yes, some women do stuff their phone into their bra. I'm proud to say, I ain't one of them.

Because unless you have too big bra, you can at most fit maybe some bills there and you're sweating too, so they'd be damp.

Why does everything have to be separated into gender? Men can wear pocketless pants too.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    To be fair, men's fashion doesn't make any sense at times either.
    Guys wearing the pants below their ass cheeks...what?
    True. Didn't women do something similar at one point with low rise jeans and thongs? Whale tails? Trashy, but I kind of miss it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Because women are not supposed to own things that you would put in pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    True. Didn't women do something similar at one point with low rise jeans and thongs? Whale tails? Trashy, but I kind of miss it.
    For the women that trend faded away.
    For the guys, "plumber's crack" stubbornly won't go away. And I can't fathom why.