10+ Year Old Account
    Owned by Jawas lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd episode is a tonal shift from what some people predicted the show to be like but it's really good. Can't wait for more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    just watched the second episode. its a bit shorter than the first, but you wouldnt know it by the end. its fan-fucking-tastic.

really just seems like 1 and 2 were the pilot episode and they split it in two for opening week. hopefully episode 3 is closer to the 45 minute mark.

Yeah but it's kind of a weird split because it is not like the second episode came after peoples trials ended.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Ok, he's a tough guy

But how can u resist to snuggle the lil' baby gremlin?

I really liked this episode too. I had two problems with it. 1, it was only 27 minutes long. And 2, I have to wait until next week to see the next episode. I'm hooked, best Star Wars in over 30 years.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, there's not a single piece of legends that isn't better than anything disney's ever conceived of throughout even all of the non-star wars universes they control.

but, yes, this failure canon is the only one that matters in this thread sadly.
    A ewok that can fly an x-wing and is involved in top secret infiltration missions.....

Or a super intelligent Gamorrean
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Just finished the 2nd episode. Easily the best thing Disney Star Wars has put out. It's been awhile since I've looked forward to Star Wars anything so this is nice.

Unrelated, but Legends is hot trash. I am at that right age where I caught all of it as it came out and I was a super huge star wars nerd and even back then the overwhelming majority of it was a disappointing read.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    A ewok that can fly an x-wing and is involved in top secret infiltration missions.....

even space zombies.

Aaron Allston RIP, man was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What I hope doesn't end up being the case is that the baby is Yoda's or Yaddle's. I'm tired of them making it like all Jedi violated the Jedi Code. We have enough of that unless it points to how Sidious was able to manipulate them[/spoiler]
    There is precedent in canon where members of endangered species are allowed to be married and/or have kids, provided they do not let attachment become a problem.

I can't remember who but one of the Jedi council had this arrangement.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2019-11-16 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean the argument is broken because they take from legends all the time. The point of 'throwing out' the EU wasn't to just erase it, it was to make some out of it

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Yeah but it's kind of a weird split because it is not like the second episode came after peoples trials ended.
    launching on a tuesday with the headline show and then not having anything until the following friday would have been a bad call. optimistic me says that next friday will be closer to an hour long and every episode afterwards close to an hour as well. i think having two episodes of your headline show in the first week is something to flaunt. worked for me, i was excited AF after tuesday and im excited AF until next friday too
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

You realize the new canon has an Ewok computer hacker right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it looks like we know which piece hes making out of Beskar next.

This show is already one of the best I've seen for Star Wars, then again, anything Filoni and Favreau touch is pretty much guaranteed good. Just wish the Cinematic crew would take note from them.

Couldn't stop laughing at this episode though, just good fun all around.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    This show is already one of the best I've seen for Star Wars, then again, anything Filoni and Favreau touch is pretty much guaranteed good. Just wish the Cinematic crew would take note from them.
    Here's the thing about that, though: The show so far has basically been a collection of action scenes. I'm not going to make excuses for the movies, but it's much easier to make something that's almost universally enjoyable when you don't have to worry about trivial things like characters and plot...

It's the reason stuff like this is so badass even a decade later:

The show itself is fine, but 27 minutes an episode is fucking unacceptably short. The show had a $15 million budget per episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the argument is broken because they take from legends all the time. The point of 'throwing out' the EU wasn't to just erase it, it was to make some out of it
    Right. Some people don't seem to understand this. It wasn't "we are not using any of this" it was "we are not going to be forced to stick to all these random books written by a bunch of different authors but we will pick and choose the bits we like and use them" They dropped $4 Billion on the franchise so of course they were going to want to take it in their own direction.

I am really enjoying this show. It has an old Western feel mixed with Sci-Fi elements and the team integrated them together well. Plus the baby Yoda is soooo cute!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Baby yoda!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Here's the thing about that, though: The show so far has basically been a collection of action scenes. I'm not going to make excuses for the movies, but it's much easier to make something that's almost universally enjoyable when you don't have to worry about trivial things like characters and plot...

It's the reason stuff like this is so badass even a decade later:
    While I agree, I'm talking in the scope of all the work they have done prior, not just this current title. Clone Wars and Rebels, while originally intended for children, did character development very well over the course of both series. It had quite a bit more depth than say the current sequel trilogy for many of the main cast.

One could argue that the time frames require different structure for such development but ultimately the current structure for the sequel trilogy is practically nonexistant for giving character exposition and development, either they cut out context for screentime's sake, or just outright never bothered to explain why a character has a particular motivation or skillset, both of which is terrible character building.

So far we see in just the pilot episode alone that the Mandalorian is an orphan who either was part of a tribe, or adopted into the tribe at a young age. Hes still learning; hes already failed one or two times to show hes not flawless. Hes also still earning Beskar, which means hes looking to improve his place in the tribe or just getting upgrades to do his job better, a potential motivation is already set and barely any words are exchanged about the character and his intentions.

That is the kind of 'show, don't tell' exposition the cinematic series of films needs, or at the very least background dialogue to give explanations when necessary, like Luke remarking hes a decent pilot before he destroyed the Death Star.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay the second episode was so much worse; it felt like a rushed anime story. The runtime is way too short, the dialogue is like from a school play of 10 year olds, comprised of 5 word single sentences - at best.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.