Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    why should i? d3 is dogshit
    Out of curiosity, why does your hype consist of needing to shit on another game as opposed to talking up the game you're actually excited for?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    why should i? d3 is dogshit
    I actually meant to quote the guy below you.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Out of curiosity, why does your hype consist of needing to shit on another game as opposed to talking up the game you're actually excited for?
    i mean i do both.. so yeah. It's just that it's funny how Diablo 4 announcement was so much worse than PoE announcements

but it's not really surprising

i mean i do both.. so yeah. It's just that it's funny how Diablo 4 announcement was so much worse than PoE announcements

As far as is understood, D4 is pretty fresh in development, probably won't be seen for 2+ years. PoE 2 has been in development for like 3 years and is releasing much sooner, so yea they would have a lot more to show

Everything is looking promising for both games honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    As far as is understood, D4 is pretty fresh in development, probably won't be seen for 2+ years. PoE 2 has been in development for like 3 years and is releasing much sooner, so yea they would have a lot more to show

Everything is looking promising for both games honestly
    well PoE 2 also doesn't have a set date of release yet either

it's also not about what they had shown, but more about what they were saying in all the interviews

i mean i do both.. so yeah.
    I fail to see how your "D4 DOA" post is doing both.

Its funny because when D4 dropped, not a soul gave the slightest shit about mentioning PoE. The insecurity wasn't there, they were just hyped for the new game that got announced. But for some reason people not unlike yourself feel like they need to attack this other game instead of just appreciating the announcement for what it was. I just don't really understand why? Might just be a personal thing but I don't feel the need to attack other games when something new for a game I like comes out.

It's just that it's funny how Diablo 4 announcement was so much worse than PoE announcements

Was it? Because I don't feel like it was.

If a person didn't already like PoE they showed nothing in that trailer that would make them care about the game. There's some good stuff in there, but its nothing special or groundbreaking. Just some great improvements to the game that people who already enjoy the game will appreciate.

If you honestly think this will impact D4 much if at all, I have an island to sell you.

well PoE 2 also doesn't have a set date of release yet either

it's also not about what they had shown, but more about what they were saying in all the interviews
    what didn't you like about d4? They have some adjustments to make (those trees really aren't trees, they need... more) but the basic game is looking very good for now.

what didn't you like about d4? They have some adjustments to make (those trees really aren't trees, they need... more) but the basic game is looking very good for now.
    like everything besides the looks?

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    again people were talking about PoE a lot during d4 announcements, maybe not here, because this forum is 99% about blizzard games

oh and they showed enough to basically shit on d4 before it even came out, blizzard will never make a better game. And not only because they can't, but because they dont want to, they're perfectly fine with selling a shit products to millions of blizzard fanboys. They can probably copy paste d3 and rename it into d4 and millions would buy it. They would quit the game super fast ofc, just like they will quit d4.. that's why its dead on arrival, because i dont care how much money they will make, i care about the quality of the game

again people were talking about PoE a lot during d4 announcements, maybe not here, because this forum is 99% about blizzard games
    Not here, not the subreddit, I dunno where you were looking but there's infinitely more insecure posts on the PoE sub with this kind of shit than anywhere diablo related.

oh and they showed enough to basically shit on d4 before it even came out, blizzard will never make a better game. And not only because they can't, but because they dont want to, they're perfectly fine with selling a shit products to millions of blizzard fanboys. They can probably copy paste d3 and rename it into d4 and millions would buy it. They would quit the game super fast ofc, just like they will quit d4
    To you, not in reality though.

D3 is one of the best selling PC game of all time, you're delusional if you think this makes any difference for the future of D4's sales.

Personally I'm happy, I got 2 promising games on the horizon. I just wish PoE had a less shitty community without these toxic insecure people who feel like they gotta lash out at other games to validate theirs.

Not here, not the subreddit, I dunno where you were looking but there's infinitely more insecure posts on the PoE sub with this kind of shit than anywhere diablo related.

To you, not in reality though.

D3 is one of the best selling PC game of all time, you're delusional if you think this makes any difference for the future of D4's sales.

Personally I'm happy, I got 2 promising games on the horizon. I just wish PoE had a less shitty community without these toxic insecure people who feel like they gotta lash out at other games to validate theirs.
    well, seems like you literally cant read, so there's no point in talking to you

also nice anecdotal evidence
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-11-16 at 05:12 AM.

like everything besides the looks?
    So you don't like runewords, skill trees, trading, sets not being the end game goal and return to legendaries, or any number of other things listed during blizzcon?

Take it you weren't a fan of d2

well, seems like you literally cant read, so there's no point in talking to you

also nice anecdotal evidence
    LOL Please provide your evidence of your initial claim good sir.

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't like runewords, skill trees, trading, sets not being the end game goal and return to legendaries, or any number of other things listed during blizzcon?

Dudes just the typical shit poster who needs to shit on diablo to feel good about playing PoE.

Dudes just the typical shit poster who needs to shit on diablo to feel good about playing PoE.
    yea, hell, I enjoy both, I'm looking forward to PoE2

Also looking forward to the next diablo season on the 22nd

runewords? only two types? not really, skill trees are small as shit, me being happy about them re-introducing something they shouldn't have removed to begin with would be really dumb.. also considering you wouldnt be able to trade everything it doesnt sound that amazing anyways..

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Please provide your evidence of your initial claim good sir.
    you wouldn't be able to read it

runewords? only two types? not really, skill trees are small as shit, me being happy about them re-introducing something they shouldn't have removed to begin with would be really dumb.. also considering you wouldnt be able to trade everything it doesnt sound that amazing anyways..
    Then post on the official forums about it, it's very early in development, things can change. I too think all of these should be expanded on but I'm not going to sit in a corner all pissy about it, that won't help anyone

Then post on the official forums about it, it's very early in development, things can change. I too think all of these should be expanded on but I'm not going to sit in a corner all pissy about it, that won't help anyone
    so me posting it here somehow makes me unable to post about it elsewhere? things can change, but judging by dev interviews at blizzcon its highly unlikely because they all sounded like they have no idea what they're talking about. They also seemed to be in the dark when it comes to their competition, like they didnt even know what the fuck PoE is.. also history is not on players side either

so me posting it here somehow makes me unable to post about it elsewhere? things can change, but judging by dev interviews at blizzcon its highly unlikely because they all sounded like they have no idea what they're talking about. They also seemed to be in the dark when it comes to their competition, like they didnt even know what the fuck PoE is.. also history is not on players side either
    The dev interviews where they said "this is early, we're open to change" with everyone they talked to? Shit, they asked llama (a d2 player) to give them feedback and he made a whole SERIES of videos addressed to blizz on how to make the game the best game possible.

If they don't listen, oh well, but at least we can't say we didn't try.

They improved greatly on D3 and are listening to that community right now more than ever.

The dev interviews where they said "this is early, we're open to change" with everyone they talked to? Shit, they asked llama (a d2 player) to give them feedback and he made a whole SERIES of videos addressed to blizz on how to make the game the best game possible.

If they don't listen, oh well, but at least we can't say we didn't try.

They improved greatly on D3 and are listening to that community right now more than ever.
    they barely improved on d3.. they made some things better and other things worse with RoS

and RoS wasn't that great either, especially the loot system, which is like the most important thing in an ARPG.. and if you pair it up with paragon system it's basically just a +5 main stat video game

like vanilla D3 had all sorts of problems, but loot system was better than RoS
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-11-16 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The biggest issue is the release date. Over a year away and they've been talking about 4.0 for a while.

Why are they redoing the campaign again? What a MASSIVE waste of resources.
    Because levelling needs updating? For the same reason every other game that redid levelling, like wow or everquest.

Also they've said earlier on 4.0 won't be out for at least a year. Still better than Diablo 4 that doesn't have any time frame at all and will probably take 3+ years to get finished. Because if it had a date, there'd be a preorder... btw you don't have to preorder POE2 because it's free. So you can play when it's ready for basically no sunk cost. Everything carries over basically like with Overwatch 2 except it's free.

- - - Updated - - -

like vanilla D3 had all sorts of problems, but loot system was better than RoS
    Lol nope, vanilla d3 "loot system" was basically AH camping simulator or heaven for wallet warriors who could drop $$$ on RMT.

The only thing that is jarring in ROS imo isn't the "loot system" but item design (a bit different thing), POE has smoother progression because you don't just get an item that increases Cyclone damage by 20,000% so now you can pop off and go to town. All these "jumps" in D3 and over-reliance on set bonuses and specific complimentary uniques that ALWAYS pair with that build is what made the game boring for me in the end.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-11-16 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Because levelling needs updating? For the same reason every other game that redid levelling, like wow or everquest.

Also they've said earlier on 4.0 won't be out for at least a year. Still better than Diablo 4 that doesn't have any time frame at all and will probably take 3+ years to get finished. Because if it had a date, there'd be a preorder... btw you don't have to preorder POE2 because it's free. So you can play when it's ready for basically no sunk cost. Everything carries over basically like with Overwatch 2 except it's free.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol nope, vanilla d3 "loot system" was basically AH camping simulator or heaven for wallet warriors who could drop $$$ on RMT.
    i mean ah camping is one thing, i'm talking about the way gear worked.. it wasnt all about sets/legendaries, rares were useful etc., you weren't stuck using one weapon, one set etc., though they introduced more sets later in RoS, you eventually had to use just one, because most of the time it was by far the best

like if you take AH out of the game vanilla gearing was better