Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, don't try to wiggle your way out with the "I never said it specifically fried MY NAND" when you where fear mongering that it did that to other people(which it never did, and you overreact to seeing some discord or twitter posts mostly from people with hacked switch and pirated games lmao).

The reality is it's turning out to be a non issue, as expected and you jumped the gun to try to shit on a "game freak screw up" which isn't their fault. Unless you think Bamco and KT are equally as incompetent because they have had similar issues with people using modded switches and counterfeit cards. Not their fault if you're not using legitimate hardware.
    My Switch isn't hacked.

If it was I would have checked out this shitshow last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    My Switch isn't hacked.

If it was I would have checked out this shitshow last week.
    So wait, you own the game then? The game you shat on for months and said you wouldn't buy?

Or is this a completely irrelevant comment because the "bug" hasn't effected you?

Either way this post isn't a good look lol.

So Switch doesn't automatically reformat empty new cards. It just lets you use them. Only if there is data on the card it will prompt reformat, or if you do it manually on either PC or in the Switch.

So, how many people, who buy new SD card for the Switch, will actually know they should reformat it first to avoid bad Nintendo OS coding, when it just shows up there usable without any other needed operations than sticking it into the system and rebooting the device?

Plenty of people have exFAT cards in their Switches, since that it the format empty cards come in. And plenty of people could ran into this issue with Pokémon or any other software that causes the OS SD manager to flip out.
    I mean, in my 5 minutes of googling, my results came back as FAT32 being the most common default format to begin with, and a flaw of exFAT being that "it's biggest downside is the lack of a journaling feature, which makes it easy to overcome data corruption."

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/fat3...nd-hard-drives
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...f-exFAT-format
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...atform-savior/
    So...
    Still seems like you're quick to jump the gun on blaming Nintendo.

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait, you own the game then? The game you shat on for months and said you wouldn't buy?

Or is this a completely irrelevant comment because the "bug" hasn't effected you?

hes implying hed still play it because of course

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    hes implying hed still play it because of course
    I don't own the game.

If my Switch was hacked I could have downloaded the leaked copy last week.

I don't own the game.

So you don't own the game, and since your switch isn't hacked you don't have a pirated copy of the game. Thus the "bug" has not effected you. Thus comments about your switch not being hacked are an irrelevant reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, in my 5 minutes of googling, my results came back as FAT32 being the most common default format to begin with, and a flaw of exFAT being that "it's biggest downside is the lack of a journaling feature, which makes it easy to overcome data corruption."

So...
    exFAT is the standard file system format for SDXC cards above 32 GBs. Every new SDXC card you buy comes preformatted into that file system.

Switch'es own format function will format cards into FAT32. However, since it happily accepts empty exFAT cards without formatting them, it is not hard to believe that most Switch users have exFAT cards since most of them are bought new, instead of slapping in an old card from phone or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't own the game, and since your switch isn't hacked you don't have a pirated copy of the game. Thus the "bug" has not effected you. Thus comments about your switch not being hacked are an irrelevant reply.
    You started assuming my Switch was hacked in the first place.

You started assuming my Switch was hacked in the first place.
    Wrong. I never assumed you even had the game or that you had a hacked Switch. I assumed you didn't have the game(which you don't) so your comments about your own Switch are entirely irrelevant to the discussion.

Lastly exFAT is only good for general storage, that is constantly being moved. For something semi permanent like a Switch literally every device like a Switch will format into FAT32 since you're trying to educate people on this matter and the best you could come up with is general guidelines you googled from the SD association.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't own the game.

Im aware. But youre implying youd still play it despite the last few months of shitting on it

Lastly exFAT is only good for general storage, that is constantly being moved. For something semi permanent like a Switch literally every device like a Switch will format into FAT32 since you're trying to educate people on this matter and the best you could come up with is general guidelines you googled from the SD association.
    Too bad Switch doesn't automatically format empty exFAT cards into FAT32. Try it yourself if you don't believe me. And since new cards are sold as exFAT, many Switches are using exFAT cards because they just work without formatting when you put one in.

Too bad Switch doesn't automatically format empty exFAT cards into FAT32.
    Except it clearly asks you to.

Try it yourself if you don't believe me.
    Been there done that, 2 years ago. And it definitely asked to, and was allowed to format it.

many Switches are using exFAT cards
    Prove it. I'm guessing this statement holds up about as well as NAND being fried. This is besides the point that this probably isn't even the issue just like with the Pirahna Plant corruption with everyone having their own wild theories and it simply came down to counterfeit cards and hacked units.

Except it clearly asks you to.
    Except it doesn't. I stuck a freshly formatted exFAT card into Switch and all it did was a reboot after which the card showed up in data management. Checked the card on PC afterwards, it was still exFAT, even had the name I'd given to it. All Switch did to the empty card was creating basic folder structure and some guidance files on it (and of course saved my test screenshot on it).

I say it again: put an empty exFAT card into Switch and watch as it asks you to do nothing for it.

Prove it. I'm guessing this statement holds up about as well as NAND being fried. This is besides the point that this probably isn't even the issue just like with the Pirahna Plant corruption with everyone having their own wild theories and it simply came down to counterfeit cards and hacked units.
    exFAT is the default format and global standard for all new microSD cards between 32 GBs and 2 TBs. Many people, dare I say most, buy new cards for their Switches and they are between that size range (who would buy a SD card smaller than the NAND if they want to expand the memory?). Since Switch doesn't automatically prompt reformatting on empty cards, vast majority of the cards stay in exFAT. Most people aren't tech savvy enough to know about this stuff. They just put their new card into the Switch and after (re)boot the empty card will just work in it, no formatting required. How many will venture into the bottom of the settings menu to perform the reformat at that point?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2019-11-15 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well pokemon game does act different compared to other games on switch. It takes a bit longer to shut down (unlike instant for some games).
    Probaly anti-piracy protection that causes this issues? (if i look on the box it says - This product contains tehnological protection measures)

So its quite a high chance that digital coruption doesnt happen just from auto safe exFat, but from badly downloaded files and this triggers the anti-pirate measure that fucks up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

So...
    Even though I knew it myself already, my 10 seconds of googling showed that microSD cards above 64gb generally come formatted in the exFAT system as @Lahis has been saying. My card was also not formatted by my Switch when I installed it; it just becomes "earmarked" (for lack of a better term) to the Switch so it can be used. As long as it is brand new, out of the box, it doesn't need to be formatted in most cases.

Snip
    I don't see any receipts to back up your claim most Switch users are vulnerable to this "bug" just like you failed to produce any receipts about it messing with the NAND.

Give her another week or two and several more copies and she'll be thrashing it and calling it the worse thing ever like she always does.

Well just based on my store, Sword and Shield is selling really well....

We hit out insane sales goal today.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well just based on my store, Sword and Shield is selling really well....

We hit out insane sales goal today.
    Pokemon is always going to sell really well when a new mainline entry comes out.

This whole Dexit controversy have from the very start been something that won't really bother more casual players, even if core fans of the series gets their panties in a twist over it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Pokemon is always going to sell really well when a new mainline entry comes out.
    Hell, it sells well even when it's a bad remake of Gen 1. Let's Go are at like 12 million sold and are as bare bones as games could possibly be.

I don't see any receipts to back up your claim most Switch users are vulnerable to this "bug" just like you failed to produce any receipts about it messing with the NAND.
    How hard it is to understand?
    The bug affects exFAT cards.
    All new microSD cards above 32 GBs are exFATs.
    Switch accepts empty exFATs without reformatting them.
    Most people buy new cards for their Switch.
    Most Switches have preformatted exFAT card in them.