Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Honestly, I love that method. I hated timeless isle, but I loved Thunder island whatever it was called.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I love that method. I hated timeless isle, but I loved Thunder island whatever it was called.
    Yeah, we get it, you love it!

A mix of both is fine. Both mechagon and naz'jatar has both, and it works for me. Did all, mostly, to get rep. After that I only do the WQs if it's worth it. Saying that, I haven't been doing a daily or WQ in Mechagon in 2 months, maybe even more. Naz'jatar have at least World Bosses and shit. I got the Crab-mount too!

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I predict that Shadowlands will use Mechagon as the blueprint for dailies. Quest hubs tied to factions plus one or two big world quests that you can complete while doing the regular dailies.
    I really hope not. I hated Mechagon's so much. I like the idea more of being able to open my map, look at the WQ's and their rewards and if I want to do them then head to the spot, finish quest and receive rewards. Mechagon's felt like going back to the archaic ways of "Go to hub, go do stuff, come back and turn in"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My only problem with daily quests is the quest log limit. If they are going that route they should up it to 50 quests or so.

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of daily quests either. My biggest gripe with WQs is simply that they are 90% recycled leveling quests which leads to extreme burnout on the leveling content and feels like "you've already done that" with even the very first one.

Dailies are annoying because you have to scrouge around to make sure you got them all and they clog up your questlog.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I found having to pick up the dailies in Nazjatar & Mechagon inconvenient. Just make everything a WQ so that I don't have to pick up and turn in. No reason not to, IMO.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    There is no casual/easy repeatable content that remains fun after weeks/months. The only way content stays fresh is when it challenges you, and you can progress, but thats not what Dailies or WQs are meant to do. Its really something impossible to design, because easy means boring, at least in the long run. You can try to entertain in the short term with fancy tasks and tools, like the Mechagon guns, random events, and whatnot, but once you have done everything a couple times...

The best they can do is make it fun for a while, with enough diversity to keep it fresh until the majority of people have the major rewards.
    and yet whenever you do WQ there are ton of people around

whenever you go into mechagon its dead zone besides places with bosses with 1% mount drops.

go figure why

people like extremly fast paced easy accesible contentlike WQ

people dont like stupid puzzles like in mechagon once they do it 2-3 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I found having to pick up the dailies in Nazjatar & Mechagon inconvenient. Just make everything a WQ so that I don't have to pick up and turn in. No reason not to, IMO.
    same feeling here

felt horrible to have to pick it all up after 3 years of WQ.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people like extremly fast paced easy accesible contentlike WQ

people dont like stupid puzzles like in mechagon once they do it 2-3 times.
    Puzzles? Have we done the same Mechagon?
    The only difference in Mechagon is that you pick up the majority of tasks from NPCs, otherwise the quests are as straight forward as your ordinary WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Not every reward in the game has to be about giving your knight in shining armor 10 more damage when he hits something with a sword.

It's perfectly fine to have cosmetic and other rewards used for other purposes. It's too bad you never returned to Mechagon after getting flying, but there's plenty of people who kept visiting until they got everything, and some are still going for those rewards.

It's fine not to have a "reason" to do something (in the form of making your damage higher). It's fine to have other reasons. If you don't like it, that's fine, but not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game as you do, shocking I know.
    Cosmetic rewards are fine and clearly many people really like them. Many of the mecagon quest rewards are nonsense materials only good there, many times used to fulfill another quest. Doing one quest so I can start another isn't compelling quest design. Of course you can just look at the ghost town that is Mecagon to see if the quests are fun or the zone has any replayability.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What i didn't like about daily quests : having to go around the npcs to get them. Specially in MoP where you had to do dailies before you could unlock the rest of dailies...

What i don't like about world quests : having to do 1 at a time and if i ever pull a mob 2 feet out of the zone it doesn't register for the WQ.

Make the world quests actually WORLD quests

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I really hope not. I hated Mechagon's so much. I like the idea more of being able to open my map, look at the WQ's and their rewards and if I want to do them then head to the spot, finish quest and receive rewards. Mechagon's felt like going back to the archaic ways of "Go to hub, go do stuff, come back and turn in"
    Are you a brand new mod?
    I've never seen you around before.