Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you even trying to follow things? The publisher took it down, not the store. The store then automatically cancelled all preorders, which the publisher didn't expect to happen, so it isn't at all a case of "Well duh".
    So you honestly expect a store to keep the money for something that is no longer listed on their store? Lol.

Best Buy is meaningless because it isn't subject to EU laws, and therefore irrelevant to the discussion of actions based on them. Not sure why you think they removed it from the store for legal reasons, especially since i never talked about that.
    Neither are parts of the Microsoft store that refunded pre-orders for non EU orders. So you weren't talking about legal reason by saying that it had to be refunded in the EU due to legal reasons. And that Best Buy is irrelevant because it doesn't have to follow the legal laws of the EU. But yep. You totally were not talking about legality.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Wait, you think this topic is only about EU law? wtf gave you that impression? you are wrong on EVERY point here, and in your previous post.
    The same thing that gave you the impression that i was talking about the entire thread: Nothing.

dont just cherry pick one post
    Don't talk to your mirror so much.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The same thing that gave you the impression that i was talking about the entire thread: Nothing.

Don't talk to your mirror so much.
    Oh dear. What a marshmallow soft response - a backtrack, and a watered down childish insult. Why even bother? You should have just left it alone.

Your claim was that any information not related to EU law was "irrelevant" to the conversation. That was completely wrong, as the discussion is about a possible delay, and the ramifications of that. You would have known that if you read the op, or any of the comments after.

Unfortunately you tried to jump into the conversation 20 pages in, and dictate to others what is relevant or not. The real shame for you is you chose to Target people with by far the highest contributions to the thread, so I am quite aware of what is and is not relevant to the conversation.

If you have something constructive to contribute, that would be great, but if it's just insults, and especially preschool quality ones, just don't bother, you'll just look childish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    /snip
    Dude, learn to use commas.

"," - This little guy is the difference between conversation and meaningless word salad.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

"," - This little guy is the difference between conversation and meaningless word salad.
    How ironic.

"," - This little guy is the difference between conversation, and meaningless word salad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

Voice to text is the handyman's friend but the enemy of punctuation

How ironic.

"," - This little guy is the difference between conversation, and meaningless word salad.
    Yeah, taught English for 8 years. No comma is needed there. Try harder next time.

Yikes at some ppl in this thread. They literally said 2020 release. Why is this even a topic?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Yikes at some ppl in this thread. They literally said 2020 release. Why is this even a topic?
    well I mean according to the OP the Maw is not finished and may not even happen (wut), there was nothing revealed on release which means they are early in development (despite a zone being playable to those at Blizzcon), they haven't figured out the stat squish yet (which isn't happening), oh wait The Maw zone might be released but there is nothing to do on it just like Timeless Isle (double wut) and nothing is set in stone, no new systems (because every time Blizz announce something system related and then for whatever reason has to change it due to a myriad of reasons everyone loses their mind) - I believe that is why OP reckons it will be late 2021, which would create a 20 month final tier which is unheard of but hey who am I to argue with his reasoning....

I think they will release SL end of 2020, i can't believe we will have the 8.3 for so long.

This seems like a major case of doomsaying to me.
    Blizzard put the Shadowlands release date as happening by the end of Q4 2020, and when a major games company says that nothing short of a major internal disaster like the servers catching fire, or a meteor hitting the building will stop the launch happening by then.

Come hell or high water Blizzard will make sure Shadowlands releases before the end of 2020 even if they have to scrap a zone to do so.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

How ironic.

A comma before a "and"?
    In my country thats blasphemy
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-11-22 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    A comma before a "and"?
    In my country thats blasphemy
    Then your country is obviously not an English speaking nation. Also, you shouldn't critique the English language and then say "a and".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Ok, i studied a little bit with the help of google and sometimes is acceptable.
    But you tried to put a comma in a what i THINK is considered an "enumeration" of things.

And that is forbidden! Its a no no.
    You are wrong. Go back to Google and try again.

You are wrong. Go back to Google and try again.
    Ok its not a enumeration...but there is a correlation and dependence on the things listed

You are saying there is a comma here?

"The difference between Apples, and oranges"

How in the world????

(ill stop this conmversation or ill be banned)

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    because some people seem to have quotas and need to post a certain amount of garbage each day.

"World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020"

You understand what that means for them if they don't release it? That would be a legal disaster to Blizzard. And all directors would be fired by the stackholders while you count from 10 to 1 at New Year's Eve. Period.
    Be sure that this expansion will be release in the worst case scenario on 31st December even if they only have the zone of Bastion available to play lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonz View Post
    You understand what that means for them if they don't release it? That would be a legal disaster to Blizzard. And all directors would be fired by the stackholders while you count from 10 to 1 at New Year's Eve. Period. Be sure that this expansion will be release in the worst case scenario on 31st December even if they only have the zone of Bastion available to play lol
    It would not be a legal disaster. While stakeholders would be concerned they can not directly fire game directors. Also stakeholders would likely be more upset with a one zone expansion launch then they would with a delay.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonz View Post
    "World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020"

You understand what that means for them if they don't release it? That would be a legal disaster to Blizzard. And all directors would be fired by the stackholders while you count from 10 to 1 at New Year's Eve. Period.
    Be sure that this expansion will be release in the worst case scenario on 31st December even if they only have the zone of Bastion available to play lol
    What sort of legal disaster do you think is going to happen? Let's assume that nobody tells the guy in charge that release date is not going to happen and they haven't completed the release build and there are no release candidates. Let's draw a long bow and assume that nobody is doing their jobs. What are the legal consequences of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The impression that I got from the reveal was that it was going to be another light expansion similar to BFA. I mean if you think about it, the main feature of this expansion is a rep grind and presumably some replacement for artifact power. No huge talent overhauls/new specs/new classes or whatever, and it will essentially be 4 new rep based abilities for each class.

Outside of that, they've been reducing dungeons to dismal amounts over the years, so I don't expect more than maybe one dungeon per zone, and 4 zones.

I mean that's it really, 4 new zones, the maw or whatever, and a rep grind. I don't see why that would take a year or more to develop. The most challenging thing I've seen revealed is the tower of Thorgast, which may replace all other dungeons anyway.

Considering their other releases, this seems pretty minimal and I doubt it will take them some extremely long period of time to develop. Other than Torghast I imagine they have most of the other systems already in place.

I also don't think their lack of things to present at Blizzcon was because they have nothing finished, it's just lighter all around and they showed off everything they wanted to show off. If there's something that isn't finished, I doubt it will take long.

My biggest concern would be the level squish and rebalancing everything, but they've already done semi-done this countless times with multiple stat-squishes. I imagine they'll apply the same methodology as they do with that.

This isn't me being optimistic or anxious or anything, but I really don't think this will be released later than Summer/August of next year the latest. Really not seeing anything mentioned with this expansion that should take longer development time than that, and I really don't think they would announce such a barebones expansion at Blizzcon that early if they didn't have confidence that it would be sooner as well.

Sure, barebones is my opinion, but if you've played this game for any length of time you have a lot to compare it to, and it really doesn't have the same impact.

And the next patch doesn't really have anything that I would imagine to be extremely straining on resources, as it's mostly just recycled invasion systems, a new raid, and some redundant new gear stat.. and they likely have a separate team working on the expansion anyway.
    Last edited by cptaylor38; 2019-11-28 at 02:05 AM.