Thread: Grom vs Varian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Grom wasn't half the warrior that Varian was.

You got an Orc, the perfect warrior race and Grommash was the strongest (atleast top 3) against a normal human warrior….
    Its game over for Varian

Grom Hellscream should defeat Varian in scenario 1
    I guess wolf mode Varian defeats Grom
    Fel again Grom brutally dismembers Varian

Mannaroth would start screaming and explode if he accidentally stepped on something sharp anyway so I think Varian or any other warrior can kill Mannaroth if they get lucky with a hit.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-16 at 04:23 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    How many of these thread do we need ? whats next ? Varian vs basic campfire ? Varian vs Hogger ?
    Enough to make anyone loose faith in humanity and it’s ability to think logically.

Even the anime hair wouldn't help poor Varian. Grom would brutally decapitate him in almost every case.

I mean.. Grom defeated Mannoroth and Cenarius.. although Varian defeated that fel reaver. Varian couldn't beat regular Garrosh (sort of a tie) in the cats novel so I cant see him beat Grom.

Varian is a footman and it takes 2 footman to take down single orc in canonical WC3 universe. Everything else is stupid retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Grom beat Mannoroth when he was powered up with the blood, if I'm not mistaken.
    Warlords of draenor opening and most other seemed to be just annoiyance to Mannoroth.

Grom wins all three scenarios simpy because 1 Orc is equal to 2 Humans.

So perhaps 2 Varians would have a chance against Grom, but 1? Nope.

1 - Grom
    2 - Varian
    3 - I'd give the edge to Chaos Grom, but its hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Varian is a footman and it takes 2 footman to take down single orc in canonical WC3 universe. Everything else is stupid retcon.
    Also confirmed in the book Day of the Dragon. An Orc Grunt is equal to two Human Footman.

It makes sense due to the Orcish size and strength difference. So this would carry over to Orcish and Human heroes as well.

Then WoW came and suddenly a Gnome has the same power as a Tauren. It doesn't make sense. We shouldn't take WoW too seriously in that regard. And Varian is a Mary Sue with a copied backstory of Thrall just to give the Alliance an overpowered character to cheer for as well. It's a complete asspull.

Grom actually has the size, strength, speed, skill and rage to win this. Varian just has Knaak level plot armor and that's it. It's ridiculous.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    1. Varian
    2. Varian
    3. Grom

I actually detest both of these characters yet while a human is typically 75% of an orc in combat. Grom seems especially weak in 1v1 situations where the opponent is not a giant creature, especially getting wrecked with finesse by that Draenic champion going so far as to smash his fingers. (cant remember which book for anything) And with Varian being exceptionally skilled and offence focused, just seems an even match before the Goldrin blessing. Yet once you throw the Fel Blood in there really doesn't seem to be a downside assault wise aside from the damnation angle.

Varian
    Varian
    Grom

10+ Year Old Account
    He went at it with his son if that helps.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom Grom and Grom.

Varian was at best only even with Garrosh and he was no where near as good as his old man. A lot of people make the buff seem like a big deal but it didn't make him any stronger it just increased his stamina so he could outlast Garrosh who had already been fighting for hours.

Grom was just a stronger and more experienced fighter.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2019-11-18 at 03:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    1- Grom
    2- Grom
    3- Grom

This is kinda funny at best, people are delusion to think Varian had a chance against Grom, Garrosh beat Varian ass and only lose one time when Varian was buffed by Goldrin in an unfair fight when Garry was fighting in ashenvale already before.

Grom is a Better Warrior than Garrosh in every way, mostly because unlike other orcs, the real grom(not the wod gorilla) was agile and used strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Well BtDP novel description of Grom battling with perfect focus and control over his bloodlust and they descriped his movements like dancing as such its far from brainless if he doesn't let bloodlust control him.

So 1) is toughest but without Goldrin blessing Varian doesn't really have the stamina for a long fight as he used that to overtake garrosh in wolfheart and tides of war and in this case groms fighting would be at it most complex. Also garrosh is nothing compared to Grom.

2) varian as goldrinn blessing gives extreme powers

3) Grom as chronicles 3 showed grom soloed cenarius and we saw what happends when warrior challenges a weaker druid (malf v varok) as such varian really doesn't have anything to compete with that.
    For one thing, "perfect focus and control over his bloodlust" doesn't even make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    For one thing, "perfect focus and control over his bloodlust" doesn't even make any sense.
    Thats how beyond the dark portal book descriped it when warsong battled against bonechewer and it was narrated how they used it nearly completely in their fighting skills and style but knew how to keep it controlled so they wouldn't fall to it more specifically Grom vs Hurkan.

As such I would say thats pretty much a perfect control over as much as it can be combined with "iron will" of grommash blizz made canon during lords of war.

As such it does as bloodlust can compared mental illneses such as psycopathy and there psycopaths who has control over their psypopathic tendesies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Grommash Hellscream all the way/
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Can I just say that how much I hate the Onyxia kill being taken from players and attributed to Varian and co.? While Broll, Varian, Valeera, Anvilmar are awesome, Onyxia kill should've attributed to players alone.

With that out of the way:

1- Varian wins by the skin of his teeth, barely alive in the aftermath
    2- Varian crushes so hard that Grom has to seek out fel blood again
    3- BEST. FIGHT. EVER. I want to say Varian due to being a fan, but I must look objectively, and I must say, this fight has good chances on going either way. Equals.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-11-18 at 07:03 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."