Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowlands monk unpruning

What abilites do you think MONKS will get back in 9.0?
    Is there something you miss that's been taken away from our class?

Me personally, it's the Legion PvP talent Tiger Style, that made your Flying Serpent Kick steerable. Such a great movement ability, very usefull in PvP, but even more usefull in solo outdoor play. Did you know it accidentaly became baseline for a few days at the start of BfA? Fun times.

Nerf Windwalkers so hard that they can't even be on the DPS meter.

On a serious note, I'd really like a difference in playstyle between dual-wielding stuff (dual wielding swords as a Monk seems just... wrong to me) and a 2h Staff (hell, every cinematic with the Monkgod Pandalord has him wielding a staff and bashing fools).

for brewmaster, i hope they make talents like damnpen harm, guard, blackout strike baseline and replace them with new talents. wouldnt mind having xuen back just for fun. i dont expect to see things like clash or dizzying haze back but wouldnt mind if i were wrong

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked clash, wish it would make a return.

Also Chi Explosion that was the last time i enjoyed brewmaster

Give me back grapple weapon
    Chi explosion
    Make xuen baseline
    Leave our mastery alone
    Strike of the windlord

But if anything I just want to control my clones again

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

But if anything I just want to control my clones again
    WoD style Strom, Earth and Fire. What a time to be a Windwalker. Well, I don't believe we will ever see a return to that, it's too complex for blizzard's liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    WoD style Strom, Earth and Fire. What a time to be a Windwalker. Well, I don't believe we will ever see a return to that, it's too complex for blizzard's liking.
    Just because noobs (like myself in SoO) were using it on ST doesn't mean it needed nerfed so hard

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Just because noobs (like myself in SoO) were using it on ST doesn't mean it needed nerfed so hard
    That's EXACTLY the reason why they reworked it into single target cooldown...

They should have just made it to where the clones cancelled themselves

It was super fun and sooooooo9oooooo useful

They reworked it because Blizzard gave up on WW monk design and decided instead of trying to balance this unique class that they would simply normalise it and make them a generic burst CD class like all the others as this would require less work.

We all know the truth of the matter; Blizzard gave up on monk and decided to focus on DH.

I would really like to see spear hand strike returned to Mistweavers.

The removal of Crane Stance and gutting of fistweaving as viable play style really hurt Mistweavers and destroyed their unique identity. I'd at least like a reset to the way Mistweavers were in Warlords, with the ability to deal significant damage (if dramatically less than a pure DPS class) in exchange for reduced healing during low-pressure periods of a boss fight.

Mistweavers in Legion (when I last played) were essentially just another healer class, with no major difference from priest or druid. Giving Mistweavers their identity back would go a long way to getting me to want to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by maxiixam View Post
    I would really like to see spear hand strike returned to Mistweavers.
    they would have to go back to healers other than shaman having interupts again to have that happen i think

I hope MW stances don't return. They were so clunky and bad.

90% damage reduction on diffuse magic would be great. Either that or the Dematerialise meme passive on stun. Blizz are completely fine with DHs having a 70% chance to dodge all damage yet as well as a 35% damage reduction spell, but they couldn't wait to gimp our damage reduction talents.

Spear Hand Strike returning would be nice along with Grapple Weapon.

Revert of nerfs for Transcendence and Flying Serpent Kick. Our mobility nerfs were unwarranted. Again they left DHs mobility to stay ridiculous.

I miss Mana Tea also. Ever since its removal our spells have always been in a weird place in terms of mana cost. We've always been mana hungry and costs have never been adjusted accordingly.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2019-11-15 at 02:35 PM.

Yes, can't wait for Expel Harm and Path of Blossoms to return to WW. Whoopee!

KILL ME NOW!

I miss Pandaria's Brewmaster so much.

i want expel harm to come back for all 3 specs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I hope MW stances don't return. They were so clunky and bad.

90% damage reduction on diffuse magic would be great. Either that or the Dematerialise meme passive on stun. Blizz are completely fine with DHs having a 70% chance to dodge all damage yet as well as a 35% damage reduction spell, but they couldn't wait to gimp our damage reduction talents.

Spear Hand Strike returning would be nice along with Grapple Weapon.

Revert of nerfs for Transcendence and Flying Serpent Kick. Our mobility nerfs were unwarranted. Again they left DHs mobility to stay ridiculous.

I miss Mana Tea also. Ever since its removal our spells have always been in a weird place in terms of mana cost. We've always been mana hungry and costs have never been adjusted accordingly.
    Yep. While we’re on the topic of mobility, they need to give the passive 10% speed buff to all specs, and allow WW’s to go up to 15-20 percent. Monks are supposed to be quick, if they don’t want to undo nerfs on FSK then that’s the least they could do.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i want expel harm to come back for all 3 specs
    well, they would have to redesign it again, because current brew expel relies on having ox orbs out.

I want weapon animation back to all attacks. ohh wait, there never where any...