So basically everyone i know got their last crafters 70-80 at Ishgard Restoration which makes me wonder: has this just made levequests post 50 completely redundant?

I mean i know this is temporary and going to go away at some point but if they keep doing something like this then it makes stuff like the HW,SB and ShB crafting quests and the moogles and Namazu pretty pointless if this kind of system stays around and considering combat leves already went the way of the dodo an expansion ago i wonder if we are even getting them anymore in the next expansion or if a refined delivery system will replace them.

Walked into the Firmament for the first time, and went "whoa". I never knew Ishgard was this heavily damaged. Yeah, they said in the HW MSQ how the city had been damaged by the heretics, but we never saw that ingame. A shame that this came two expansions after the HW MSQ, and once the restoration is complete, people who played after will once again go "huh? What devastation?".

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, as cool as living in the beloved nation of Ishgard would be, I'm not moving from colorful Shirogane to a dull, concrete colored district. IIRC Ishgard's heavy snow is unnatural, caused by the calamity five years ago. Before the calamity, Coerthas was supposed to be a vibrant green valley. I was hoping that maybe we'd get to see the color palette filter or the environment change. Maybe it will at the end of the reconstruction.

I think they'll keep Ishgard's snowy aesthetics simply because that's what it's known for within the context of the game. I don't doubt that the housing district will look pleasant enough in its own way, even if the bleak colour palette is embraced again. After all, the city itself looks lovely and colour can emerge in the form of towering spires and stained glass windows.

I'll be sticking with Mist when it comes to my personal house, though. Where I live is already pretty cold, so Mist is the most unique option of the lot to me. Shirogane is a very close second but my apartment is located there which is enough for me.

I'm hoping we go to Garlemald in 6.0, though. I'd love a housing district there - especially if the housing district ends up being inspired by Midgar or some such.

Definitely going to buy an apartment in Ishgard once they are out. Just love the whole area + dragoon by heart so it's Ishgard or bust for me. I once bought a house in Ul'dah, but due to extended breaks from the game, the house was sold in my absence. I still despise this mechanic. As if it wasn't possible in 2019 to expand the housing areas so that everbody can buy (and keep!) a plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So basically everyone i know got their last crafters 70-80 at Ishgard Restoration which makes me wonder: has this just made levequests post 50 completely redundant?
    Would be fine by me, but I doubt it.
    Who cares, you're doing the same thing anyway.

So the game awards voting season has rolled around and again and it had me thinking how i honestly cannot name another game i've played this year with a villain as good as Emet Slech was. Like that guy might be my favourite villain in the entire franchise and i think of every big bad in every game i've played this year and they all ended as screaming nightmares like a mmo raid boss but ironically the mmo boss is the one who stuck with me with remember that we once lived and boy is that a testament to the writer for this expansion. Much as i would love her to write the next MSQ i would very much love to see her write FFXVI.

So the game awards voting season has rolled around and again and it had me thinking how i honestly cannot name another game i've played this year with a villain as good as Emet Slech was. Like that guy might be my favourite villain in the entire franchise and i think of every big bad in every game i've played this year and they all ended as screaming nightmares like a mmo raid boss but ironically the mmo boss is the one who stuck with me with remember that we once lived and boy is that a testament to the writer for this expansion. Much as i would love her to write the next MSQ i would very much love to see her write FFXVI.
    I still don't get the Best Community Support reward on the Game Awards site and what exactly it can be referring to. Outside the Live Letters Square almost never communicates with it's community. Blizzard doesn't do Livestreams (least not often) yet many of the devs do communicate on Twitter and they've been very communicative with the 8.3 PTR and reacting to community feedback (something that hopefully continues into 9.0). I think the devs interacting with their community is better community support then a Livesteam every other month most of which is just showing people things they'd have seen if FF14 did PTR's.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I still don't get the Best Community Support reward on the Game Awards site and what exactly it can be referring to. Outside the Live Letters Square almost never communicates with it's community. Blizzard doesn't do Livestreams (least not often) yet many of the devs do communicate on Twitter and they've been very communicative with the 8.3 PTR and reacting to community feedback (something that hopefully continues into 9.0). I think the devs interacting with their community is better community support then a Livesteam every other month most of which is just showing people things they'd have seen if FF14 did PTR's.
    Seeing most of the nominations, game awards seem like a farce. I mean "familiy games"? Should have called that "best nintendo switch game". Ridiculous.

Did the Firmement FATE for the first time today. It was insane how many people there were. The quest was super simple and rewarding, but what was difficult was to see anything with so many people in the screen.
    It's what mmo's are all about though and it's fun to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I didn't know wow devs communicated on twitter, that sounds like a bad way to communicate. I have better things to do than to check out every developers feed to see if they said something useful.

The FF team communicate really well though. They go to lots of conventions, they do the developer letters (reveals and Q&A's) and sometimes youshiP jumps on the forum to clarify something like the recent cross world firmament troubles.
    In WoW you are often in the dark for months. Happened just recently after 8.2. There was nothing for months until they announced 8.3 a few weeks before blizzcon. Blizz tends to make big info dumps and then go quiet for months. The FF team always has something every few weeks. We are never in the dark. I did feel a big difference in how i'm treated as a player in both games.
    For example 5.11 happened a week ago and this week yoshiP was in an interview revealing FFXIV ps5 development. I do wish we had more two ways communication than we do though. I agree with you there. I still want to know why new game + doesn't give xp.

With that said, i think this nomination pertains to the players and not the devs.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-22 at 12:51 AM.

Anyone here with a fishing job? I am wondering if i could buy the items on the MB for any of the fishing quests and have them count towards quest completion.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I dont have a single DoH/DoL at max level (or even close). What's the easiest to do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Anyone here with a fishing job? I am wondering if i could buy the items on the MB for any of the fishing quests and have them count towards quest completion.
    you can up until the stormblood/shadowbringers quests as those require items that are specific for the quest and are untradeable.

you can for early stuff but you are losing out on a lot of xp by not doing the fishing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can but capital fish past the first one won't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    I dont have a single DoH/DoL at max level (or even close). What's the easiest to do?
    DoH jobs are quite easy to lvl. I got my fisher from 0-80 in 4 days via levequests/GC/weekly 6x scrip deliveries.

- - - Updated - - -

you can for early stuff but you are losing out on a lot of xp by not doing the fishing really.
    I did it on the fish that took ages to get ONE hq fish...then found the fish on the mb for under 1k a pop.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Desynthesis is a logistical nightmare if you aim to be cost efficient.

So.. I've done a thing..
    Spoiler: 

At the very least it's something. I do not recommend doing it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm... I believe the intention about desynthesis is to level it over large periods of time.
    Leveling it past 100 is pointless anyway, because they never added anything new to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post

So.. I've done a thing..
    Spoiler: 

I just greed everything in dungeons and do it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post

So.. I've done a thing..
    Spoiler: 

I've just been leveling it by desynthing the garbage my retainers get and always greeding dungeon gear.