Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What class/race combo make sense in SL timeline?

Blizzard said we will add new class / race combo's when they make sense.
    Well are there not some of these that alrdy are introduced?

the following:

Alliance
    Night Elf Paladin (we saw this in the paladin order hall in Legion)
    Worgen Monk (Pandaren are now 7-8 years part of the Alliance? what keeps them from learning hand to hand combat to them)
    Worgen Paladin (They have their own church connection to the light and are now living years and years in Stormwind with the other paladins)
    Kul Tiran Paladin (Same as Worgen but maybe abit to early)
    Mechagnome druid (robots that can change from Humanoid to an animal form is pretty powerfull and makes sense that they would dev that tech)

Horde
    Blood elf druid (Botanica in TBC showed that Blood Elves learned the way of nature and shapeshifting so it had to be here long ago, since Outland Blood Elves return back to Silvermoon)
    Goblin Monk (Pandaren are now 7-8 years part of the Horde? what keeps them from learning hand to hand combat to them)
    Undead Paladin (Now that they introduced Lightforged Forsaken and they got the classes playable it becomes a logical next step)
    Nightborne Paladin (The have a connection to the light and are warriors aswell)
    Zandalari Warlock (Had to be a class from the start with: demoniac)

What about Vulpera druids? I'd love for that to happen.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

the following:

Alliance
    Worgen Monk (Pandaren are now 7-8 years part of the Alliance? what keeps them from learning hand to hand combat to them)
    Worgen Paladin (They have their own church connection to the light and are now living years and years in Stormwind with the other paladins)
    Mechagnome druid (robots that can change from Humanoid to an animal form is pretty powerfull and makes sense that they would dev that tech)

Horde
    Blood elf druid (Botanica in TBC showed that Blood Elves learned the way of nature and shapeshifting so it had to be here long ago, since Outland Blood Elves return back to Silvermoon)
    Goblin Monk (Pandaren are now 7-8 years part of the Horde? what keeps them from learning hand to hand combat to them)
    Undead Paladin (Now that they introduced Lightforged Forsaken and they got the classes playable it becomes a logical next step)
    Not sure we’d see them with ARs just yet but the rest seem to work ok.

Goblin Monk (Pandaren are now 7-8 years part of the Horde? what keeps them from learning hand to hand combat to them))
    Being a monk is not just about hand to hand combat. Anyone can run around slapping people. It's about inner tranquility and the balance of life and the spirit. goblins and worgen don't have this.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account

the following:

Alliance

Horde
    I could see these maybe add Human Druid/Shaman because of Worgen and Kul Tirans. I could possibly see Draenei Rogues (see Mishka in SI:7 and the Rangari).

As for the Horde I am struggling to think of new classes, possibly Tauren Mages? But that would be pushing it.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

the following:

Alliance

Horde
    Alliance
    Night Elf Paladin - there agree, they honestly must have them from the start, cause their priestess are not just preachers, but warriors.
    Worgen Monk - if you think that "claw is best melee weapon", you forget that monks are pacifists mostly and try NOT to kill or harm their enemies, unless situation call for. Worgen monk must be in such state of cerenity, that he not turn into worgen at all, and that mean - human, so no.
    Worgen Paladin - if you say that, you don't know that Gilneas wasn't very "light" oriented kingdom. They were more pagans, and Church of light was just flag to unite 7 kingdoms long time ago. They not embraced light as Lordaeron did (home of church of light). Also Worgen instincts will be very hard to keep with all this "protect the innocent" stuff. (and priests still practic shadow)
    Kul'Tiras - they are child nation for Gilneas, same reason - pagan faith, not Light oriented.
    Mechagnome druid - admit that you just want mecha druids, because making this "things that TOTALLY not NATURE" into whole nature oriented class is very... strange

Horde
    Blood elf druid - kinda have chance i think. Not fully sure about it, since botanica are about plants not animals, so very hard to say. Can be stretch, but not very big.
    Goblin Monk - they are greedy little bastards who sometimes kill for a single gold coin. Hard to be "serene" with such mindset (also adrenaline maniacs, cause all this explosive stuff).
    Undead Paladin - GTFO with this Lightforged undead stuff. It must burn in hell for eternity. But undead paladin, itself is very strange things. Cause for paladin "undeath" is like a red flag for bull. And if paladin turned undead and not ended his life on spot... is he really a paladin?
    Nightborne Paladin - Lighy connection? they not followe NE religion that strong. They are mages, not Light beings.
    Zandalari Warlock - tricky situation. Demoniac have very odd desctiption that they let demon into their body and conquer it. Fit DH description more, or old demonology (that was actually like DH), than current warlock, but i guess not big stretch.

my addition:
    Nightborne druid - one of the Nighthold bosses mixed arcane and nature, and they are not far from BE in that question, so guess arcane nature druids CAN be a thing.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2019-11-17 at 03:32 PM. Reason: KT was child of Gilneas

Probably just Worgen and Goblin monks since those were limitations due to the timeline and not lore. Same as Allied Race DKs

As for the rest of your suggestions, most of them are a huge lore stretch and they get a hard no from me

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    Alliance
    Night Elf Paladin - there agree, they honestly must have them from the start, cause their priestess are not just preachers, but warriors.
    Worgen Monk - if you think that "claw is best melee weapon", you forget that monks are pacifists mostly and try NOT to kill or harm their enemies, unless situation call for. Worgen monk must be in such state of cerenity, that he not turn into worgen at all, and that mean - human, so no.
    Worgen Paladin - if you say that, you don't know that Gilnear wasn't very "light" oriented kingdom. They were more pagans, and Church of light was just flag to unite 7 kingdoms long time ago. They not embraced light as Lordaeron did (home of church of light). Also Worgen instincts will be very hard to keep with all this "protect the innocent" stuff. (and priests still practic shadow)
    Kul'Tiras - they are father nation for Gilneas, same reason - pagan faith, not Light oriented.
    Mechagnome druid - admit that you just want mecha druids, because making this "things that TOTALLY not NATURE" into whole nature oriented class is very... strange

Horde
    Blood elf druid - kinda have chance i think. Not fully sure about it, since botanica are about plants not animals, so very hard to say. Can be stretch, but not very big.
    Goblin Monk - they are greedy little bastards who sometimes kill for a single gold coin. Hard to be "serene" with such mindset (also adrenaline maniacs, cause all this explosive stuff).
    Undead Paladin - GTFO with this Lightforged undead stuff. It must burn in hell for eternity. But undead paladin, itself is very strange things. Cause for paladin "undeath" is like a red flag for bull. And if paladin turned undead and not ended his life on spot... is he really a paladin?
    Nightborne Paladin - Lighy connection? they not followe NE religion that strong. They are mages, not Light beings.
    Zandalari Warlock - tricky situation. Demoniac have very odd desctiption that they let demon into their body and conquer it. Fit DH description more, or old demonology (that was actually like DH), than current warlock, but i guess not big stretch.

my addition:
    Nightborne druid - one of the Nighthold bosses mixed arcane and nature, and they are not far from BE in that question, so guess arcane nature druids CAN be a thing.
    Sir Zeliek is an example of why Forsaken paladin can work.

Human Shaman. There’s no reason they can’t now that Kul’Tiran is a thing.

What still makes me scratch my head is the whole Goblin Shaman thing. So an air elemental is really like “You can call upon my power for the low low price of $1,000 gold per week,” like seriously? Maybe it’s more deeply explained in game (and I’m open to learning) but I cannot understand how a goblin would bribe the elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Sir Zeliek is an example of why Forsaken paladin can work.
    Sir Zeliek wasn't able to control his body. only his words. I doubt that LK will allow him to be Free so he not just end his own life. Like really - do you read lore at all? yes he is paladin in death, because of either his connection to light or his faith, but he NOT able to control himself. Tell me - being paladin and then made to undeath, won't you consider yourself as heresy if you are true paladin and not fall on your sword?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sir_Zeliek like literally. Look his quotes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post

What still makes me scratch my head is the whole Goblin Shaman thing. So an air elemental is really like “You can call upon my power for the low low price of $1,000 gold per week,” like seriously? Maybe it’s more deeply explained in game (and I’m open to learning) but I cannot understand how a goblin would bribe the elementals.
    problem that normal humans are SW (or Lordaeron since latest event) natives. They have strong relationship with Church of light, while KT give almost zero fucks about that Church. It was used as flag to unite human nations back in the day, but not every kingdom accepted it as Lordaeron or Stormwind, and they retained their own pagan faith (KT and Gilneas are examples, because Gilneas is mother to KT nation)

I like all of your suggestions, especially Gnome Druid. Man that'd be cool, though maybe it should be Mechagnome druids? Just as an extra incentive for people to play them.

I know its already going to be a thing but a vulpera DK fits imo...

Many of Kira's chosen elite fell in the unification of Zuldazar, Bolvar calls on willing members of both the horde and alliance and being a new recruit to the horde, the vulpera humbly accept the charge and are willing take the mantle of Death Knight to prove their worth to the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome and Night Elf Paladins.

Pandaren Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Being a monk is not just about hand to hand combat. Anyone can run around slapping people. It's about inner tranquility and the balance of life and the spirit. goblins and worgen don't have this.
    Yet Forsaken do?

Also, it's not right to label an entire RACE as "being a certain way". Individuals are individuals.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

None of these sound acceptable outside of any race that doesn’t have monk should... just gunna broken record again and scream “Class Skins.”

Also Pandaren Paladins, they worship the light, established in the tie-in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Yet Forsaken do?

Also, it's not right to label an entire RACE as "being a certain way". Individuals are individuals.
    by your logic we must lift any race/class restrictions, but the situation you begin as one of that race, not some "exeptional" individual. But if you want "exeptional", then we lift all calss/race restrictions... BUT WE BRING BACK HARSHER RACE PASSIVES, WHERE GNOME CAN'T USE 2h WEAPON AND DEAL LESS DAMAGE WITH MELEE THAN ORC in example.

also. Forsaken CAN find inner peace.

Alliance
    If only paladin got a bow spec.
    Depends on how serene does the monk have to be.
    Worgen Paladin - if you say that, you don't know that Gilneas wasn't very "light" oriented kingdom. They were more pagans, and Church of light was just flag to unite 7 kingdoms long time ago. They not embraced light as Lordaeron did (home of church of light).
    They have cathedral in middle of their city. In one of short stories it was stated that majority worships the light.
    Also Worgen instincts will be very hard to keep with all this "protect the innocent" stuff. (and priests still practic shadow)
    Worgen aren't that agressive. Also, not all paladins care about innocents. Look at Arthas or Renault.
    Kul'Tiras - they are child nation for Gilneas, same reason - pagan faith, not Light oriented.
    Pagan? Do you suggest Light is superior?
    I think druid should remain druid. Gnomes deserve tinker.

They could always help themselves with arcane polymorph.
    But they could train martial arts. Player starts as a rich man with a couple of private coaches. Also, goblins are usually gangsters who could need some tricks.
    Undead Paladin - GTFO with this Lightforged undead stuff. It must burn in hell for eternity.
    Yes. Calia should be assassinated by Forsaken as soon as possible.
    But undead paladin, itself is very strange things. Cause for paladin "undeath" is like a red flag for bull. And if paladin turned undead and not ended his life on spot... is he really a paladin?
    He could discover that he, as an undead who remembers what paladin should, could not be as evil as ghouls he fought. Then, meeting sentient undead, he could grow compassionate.
    They have as much light connection as annihilan.
    Demon hunter would be better.
    my addition:
    Yes. Mixing druidism and arcane is what saved them from extinction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Stormwind has different religion.
    It is more like: "serve me or I will blow up your sacred rock" and "these earth elementals serve me so don't mess with me" or "I killed that elemental for you so you owe me something".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    As for the Horde I am struggling to think of new classes, possibly Tauren Mages? But that would be pushing it.
    Tauren mages make sense as anyone can learn arcane but I wouldn't say they are talented race. Also, they don't seem to care.

Elf druids should exist because:
    - thalassian druid mentions in Warcraft 2
    - treants in Quel'thalas
    - botanists
    - arcan'dor story
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

by your logic we must lift any race/class restrictions, but the situation you begin as one of that race, not some "exeptional" individual. But if you want "exeptional", then we lift all calss/race restrictions... BUT WE BRING BACK HARSHER RACE PASSIVES, WHERE GNOME CAN'T USE 2h WEAPON AND DEAL LESS DAMAGE WITH MELEE THAN ORC in example.

also. Forsaken CAN find inner peace.
    Yes; I'm very much pro lifting all class/race restrictions.

And I do agree that certain Forsaken can find inner peace... just like certain Goblins and certain Worgen.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a bit miffed that Kul Tirans couldn't be paladins. We see a lot of Kul Tirans in Drustvar that still worship the Light and considering they are recreating an ancient order of witch hunters out there I thought they were a shoe-in.

Sir Zeliek wasn't able to control his body. only his words. I doubt that LK will allow him to be Free so he not just end his own life. Like really - do you read lore at all? yes he is paladin in death, because of either his connection to light or his faith, but he NOT able to control himself. Tell me - being paladin and then made to undeath, won't you consider yourself as heresy if you are true paladin and not fall on your sword?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sir_Zeliek like literally. Look his quotes.

- - - Updated - - -

problem that normal humans are SW (or Lordaeron since latest event) natives. They have strong relationship with Church of light, while KT give almost zero fucks about that Church. It was used as flag to unite human nations back in the day, but not every kingdom accepted it as Lordaeron or Stormwind, and they retained their own pagan faith (KT and Gilneas are examples, because Gilneas is mother to KT nation)
    Zeliek is a curious case but you could say he isn’t in control of his body but is still there mentally. It’s possible if he could break free he could still use the light. Regardless he’s dead.

Leonid Bartholomew is another interesting case of a Paladin raised into undeath. He’s aligned with the Argent Dawn and sees his state as a malady. I can’t find anything about him still using the light though.

The Undead paladin could use the base of the Christian flagellants as a lore model. Paladins raised to undeath who again wield the light to try to “cleanse” themselves or as a form of penance.

The Order of Embers would work as a paladin group. They serve to cleanse the witch curse from Drustvar. They just don’t need to be connected to the Church of Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I've always been a bit miffed that Kul Tirans couldn't be paladins. We see a lot of Kul Tirans in Drustvar that still worship the Light and considering they are recreating an ancient order of witch hunters out there I thought they were a shoe-in.

My thoughts exactly