Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    More unforgiving mechanics are harder by their very nature

Having 101 mechanics but you can survive 99 of them isn’t difficult

Having 1-2 mechanics that you can’t mess up or 100% death is harder by its very nature of less tolerable to mistakes
    i agree.
    However classic isn't the one with the "more unforgiving mechanics".

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    I mean its been about for 3 months, remember how easy bfa pvp is, your basically just using your rotation in PvP until 2.4k rating.

Classic have engineering trinkets (reflects), and alot of niche spells that only good players can utilize.
    Classic have spell-batching for skilled players to predict opponent next spell (Rogue can gouge mage blink for example).

Look at duels between 2 skilled players how complicated they are compared to like a 2.4k arena match in bfa where people just spam their rotations like in pve.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xaryuTV/videos
    go here and see how complicated duels are in classic compared to pvp in bfa.
    I just saw a video yesterday of warlock PvP in classic. Locking people in fears the whole fight. That's sooooo hard to pull off. Wow, soooo muuuch skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    i agree.
    However classic isn't the one with the "more unforgiving mechanics".
    It absolutely is. If someone mistaunts or screws up hard in a raid, that’s a wrap

You can even screw up mythic raid taunts in retail and survive because of the short taunt timer and how threat works.

Even onyxia, the easiest boss ever, has threat mechanics that are more unforgiving than any mythic raid mechanic since you can survive someone screwing up mythic. At least you could when I stepped away in mythic bod but I played mythic for years prior to that and it is 100% easier than classic raids just because of the ease of entry and low threshold of mistakes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I just saw a video yesterday of warlock PvP in classic. Locking people in fears the whole fight. That's sooooo hard to pull off. Wow, soooo muuuch skill.
    Because Druid healers LoS pillars is so skillful right?

It absolutely is. If someone mistaunts or screws up hard in a raid, that’s a wrap

You can even screw up mythic raid taunts in retail and survive because of the short taunt timer and how threat works.

Even onyxia, the easiest boss ever, has threat mechanics that are more unforgiving than any mythic raid mechanic since you can survive someone screwing up mythic. At least you could when I stepped away in mythic bod but I played mythic for years prior to that and it is 100% easier than classic raids just because of the ease of entry and low threshold of mistakes

- - - Updated - - -

Because Druid healers LoS pillars is so skillful right?
    people cleared MC, a 40-man intended raid, with 20 people.

Onyxia is farmed by 15 people.

this is "Current" classic content buddy. It's not hard.

- - - Updated - - -
    Mythic Uunat took 700 wipes for first kill
    KJ in Legion took 654 wipes for first kill

1 small mistake and it's a wipe. Mechanics aren't so "unforgiving"

hahahahahahaha

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not harder, it's astronomically more unbalanced.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Classic PvP slow??
    do you guys classic even lol?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

3+ Year Old Account
    Classic is the only state of the game when pvp is even more gear dependant than bfa so big yikes.
    It's not harder, its dull, limited, slow and unbalanced.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can assure you, when mages and hunters have AQ40 PvE gear, they 1 or 2 shot almost anything
    PvP in vanilla was fun, sure. But it is somehow also more RNG and "easier" for some classes.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It's not harder. It's most definitely slower though.
    Yet people die way faster.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Faster or slower refers to the pace of a fight. The fact that people can get 1-2 shot does not mean it's faster, it means it's unbalanced and that there was no actual fight.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Multiple ways to define "faster pvp"

Like TTK and APM.

Don't think I've ever seen TTK used in wow pvp.

Nothing in Classic is harder.

Everything is older and the technology and toolkits were simply very limited then, that's all. Get off your high horse.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/user/xaryuTV/videos
    go here and see how complicated duels are in classic compared to pvp in bfa.
    You just post video from free private server, nobody cares about those players.

Classic pvp is not harder or complicated - its just unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    a level 60 rogue with full tier 1 , MC weps, and 100% mount, costs over $1000

a level 120 rogue with 8/8m achievements and 440 ilvl is 400$

bfa is the casuals version of world of warcraft
    You mean: a geared character on a game that is out for 15 years is worth LESS than a geared character in a game that is out for less than 3 months? WOOOOAAAAHHH.... Yes, surely Vanilla is much much harder.... Or... maybe i'm a bit deillusioned... hmmm.... maybe it's also because gear drop far less frequently in MC, and having a fully geared T1-scrub is simply harder to get because the loot is missing. And maybe it's also because the game IS OUT FOR FRICKING LESS THAN 3 MONTHS, HAVING FAR LESS COMPETITION AGAINST OTHER SELLERS AND THEREFORE IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE?

Hah, what do i know about the game... it's as you said definitively because the game is sooo much more hardcore than retail; must be because you said so and compared apples with shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic takes significantly more time, energy, and social skill. Retail is missing that factor even on mythic due to cross realms and transfers being so precedent
    Oh please, bosses in MC are so easy, even bots can take them down. Classic only needs more time, but even this is not such a factor anymore. Really: nobody really wipes on MC anymore, everything is known and so on. Classic needed more time, because there weren't enough informations how to do things; heck, youtube didn't even exist when wow came out.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-11-18 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    You mean: a geared character on a game that is out for 15 years is worth LESS than a geared character in a game that is out for less than 3 months? WOOOOAAAAHHH.... Yes, surely Vanilla is much much harder.... Or... maybe i'm a bit deillusioned... hmmm.... maybe it's also because gear drop far less frequently in MC, and having a fully geared T1-scrub is simply harder to get because the loot is missing. And maybe it's also because the game IS OUT FOR FRICKING LESS THAN 3 MONTHS, HAVING FAR LESS COMPETITION AGAINST OTHER SELLERS AND THEREFORE IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE?

Hah, what do i know about the game... it's as you said definitively because the game is sooo much more hardcore than retail; must be because you said so and compared apples with shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, bosses in MC are so easy, even bots can take them down. Classic only needs more time, but even this is not such a factor anymore. Really: nobody really wipes on MC anymore, everything is known and so on. Classic needed more time, because there weren't enough informations how to do things; heck, youtube didn't even exist when wow came out.
    You need more patience, social skill, and time to get geared in classic vs retail where you log in and in a week are full epics for raiding.

Classic gear may be more of a slow grind to get but it has significantly more value because it lasts longer than just a season and you can actually use it in pvp... thus making pvp harder by making players stronger than others for their hard work.

Where as retail pvp scales everyone so no raid gear matters

You need more patience, social skill, and time to get geared in classic vs retail where you log in and in a week are full epics for raiding.
    Yes, getting epics in BFA is easier but that doesn't mean its the best gear out there for you. Getting the best gear will require you to put in a larger amount of effort.

People constantly mix up Epic and BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Yes, getting epics in BFA is easier but that doesn't mean its the best gear out there for you. Getting the best gear will require you to put in a larger amount of effort.

People constantly mix up Epic and BiS.
    It’s significantly less valuable, even mythic gear, for a multitude of reasons

1) every difficulty has the same gear minus some stats
    2) stats that don’t mean anything because they don’t mean anything for pvp. You can’t ever flex on another player using your superior gear like good wow.
    3) worst of all it’s too seasonal. All the gear and work is reset every season, rather than every expansion. It’s way too diablo 3 and seems designed for and by people who dislike good old wow

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    No one gives a shit which one is harder. PvP in both retail and classic is dog shit.
    Of course it. It's an MMORPG, pvp is going to be as functional as a horse on roller skates.