How does this make any sense.

So i built my cousin's kid a PC a couple years ago with a strict budget and he wants to upgrade, anyways here is the conundrum.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M/index.asp#CPU

That is his boards CPU support list, how is it possible the 2700x isnt listed when the board recently got support for a 3900x?

Like how does that make any sense in any world? Reason this is frustrating is microcenter has a deal on a 2700x right now for 129.00 bucks, crazy value but apparently it cannot slot into this board? I guess at the very least he can go with the regular 2700 for the lower power draw, what do you guys think should i email asrock and see if this is merely an error on the site?

Edit: BTW the Pro 2700x is a different chip altogether, the 2700x carries a 105w tdp. Again still weird because the board supports the 105w 3900x.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-11-16 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably just a typo, honestly. Or they forgot to add it. There's no architectural reason it's missing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It's probably just a typo, honestly. Or they forgot to add it. There's no architectural reason it's missing.
    Im hoping that's the case but imagine driving an hour to microcenter and coming home to a CPU that doesn't boot lol.

I just sent asrock an email so hopefully they get back to me, at the very least he can get the non x 2700 but the shitty deal with that is its the same price at 130 (still a good price but the x is quite a bit faster for cpu bound titles).

2700x is compatible with that board. 100% guarantee it as long as you got the latest BIOS installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    2700x is compatible with that board. 100% guarantee it as long as you got the latest BIOS installed.
    Here is the thing ive been paying attention to that page each time a new generation comes out and the 2700x has never been on there, but now with third gen they added both the 105w 3800x and 3900x. I just cant fathom the 2700x can draw more power at stock than a 3800 or 3900x but maybe its possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things.
    1) I searched every B350 chipset board Asrock sells, and they all support it. I'm 100% sure its just a typo and they somehow forgot it. That said...
    2) What IS this board? I cannot find this board mentioned on their website, unless I manually search for it. It's not in the B350 list. Maybe double check to make sure it isn't one of the ones listed (as there are six AB350M boards)

It probably didn't get updated on the list because it's probably not something widely produced/advertised. That said, it uses the same BIOS as the ones that DO, so, yeah. It's supported.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Two things.
    2) What IS this board? I cannot find this board mentioned on their website, unless I manually search for it. It's not in the B350 list. Maybe double check to make sure it isn't one of the ones listed (as there are six AB350M boards)
    Basically Pro4 with some features missing. I guess they figured that there is way too few differences between the two to keep both on model list.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Here is the thing ive been paying attention to that page each time a new generation comes out and the 2700x has never been on there, but now with third gen they added both the 105w 3800x and 3900x. I just cant fathom the 2700x can draw more power at stock than a 3800 or 3900x but maybe its possible?
    its a clerical error with whoever wrote that list. again, i guarantee you, 2700x is compatible. if you doubt me, call asrock or email them yourself.

Welp microcenter made the decision for me, they upped the price of the 2700x to 160 lol.

That works out tho because im not sure his board would have degraded with a 105w chip and the stock cooler for the 2700 is much quieter and actually mounts with screws compared to the turd that comes with the 2700x.