10+ Year Old Account
    I got nothing from the stream but missed part of the first day.

PoE2 looks alright i guess, never really liked the speed meta and have enjoyed grim dawn much more and with D4 announcement im not that exited for PoE2 but i can see myself be later on.

Hope it does well though.

Now we only need a Grim Dawn 2 too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    PoE2 looks alright i guess, never really liked the speed meta and have enjoyed grim dawn much more and with D4 announcement im not that exited for PoE2 but i can see myself be later on.

Don't worry people will find a way to speed it up in endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Any data on that or just assumption? Nearly every f2p game with mtx has a reverse proportion between % of players that buy mtx and revenue from it, namely top 10% spenders provide 90% income or something around that. That's where "whales" and "dolphins" terminology came from. Silent masses play f2p, buy maybe a couple of QoL mtx, never post on forums / reddit and you never see them or hear them.

And about "supporter packs" it's again - you can buy them, buy you don't have to in order to play the game. People didn't hate on mtx in LOL or HOTS because they're f2p games despite obviously the point is to sell as many mtx as you can, it's a business after all. I don't think people even hated on skins in Overwatch even though imo their business model is not something I support (basically lootboxes).

Personally I'm waiting for it and hope they make it true. I'd buy a female Marauder in a heartbeat.

Comparing to Blizzard their only f2p games are HOTS and Hearthstone, and afaik the Class Hero reskins were purchased just fine in HS. Unfortunately majority of them were not available through shop but only special promos, which imo is stupid, I wanted to buy Tyrande reskin of Priest and it was like "this promo isn't available in your country", there was a way to cheese it with fake address, but I thought it's too risky and Blizz said they're looking into making her available in other regions. This never happened and it was for me the straw that broke the camel's back and I quit HS. I'm pretty sure if they just put her on the shop for people who couldn't participate in the promo, I would have found it fair.

After D3 both gender heroes it would be weird if D4 didn't have it.

Chris Wilson just said in the interview they can put new stuff in POE, or not put something that never was there, but need to be very careful in removing stuff or people would riot. Status quo is more acceptable than anything that looks like a nerf or taking away options.

D4 did top D3 though saying not only there will be both genders but character customization beyond that. But I'm sure they will have mtx shop, especially since they're introducing mounts and shared world where other people can see your mtx. Same why POE has shared cities so people can show off their armours and character effects.

Also when it comes to WOW, yes some part of community whines every time there's a new cash shop mount, meanwhile the other part of community buys all of them and all the collector's editions and blizzcon tickets and whatnot. So you can't put everyone in the same box.
    That was in relation to the speed and power creep, which he also admitted was very bad for the game.

PoE2 looks alright i guess, never really liked the speed meta
    It's a big part of why I quit myself. Darting around with a movement skill while clearing the whole screen with the press of a button isn't very compelling gameplay to me. I mean PoE is still light years ahead of Diablo 3 almost every aspect, and I'm going to give PoE 2 a solid chance, but if the meta stays the same I doubt I'll stick with it for too long.

They showed the early game on fresh characters. That is normally slow. I 100% expect the speed meta to still be in full swing once people get past the start.

And even if it isn't. Power creep will bring it back in short order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    It's a big part of why I quit myself. Darting around with a movement skill while clearing the whole screen with the press of a button isn't very compelling gameplay to me. I mean PoE is still light years ahead of Diablo 3 almost every aspect, and I'm going to give PoE 2 a solid chance, but if the meta stays the same I doubt I'll stick with it for too long.
    You don't have to play that way.
    Play how you like.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Path of Exile 2 looks good.
    So does Diablo 4.
    This is gonna be a fun year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to get upset about there being a PoE 2 when PoE 1 is perfectly fine, until I saw that it's just tacked onto the end of PoE 1. That's cool. Really looking forward to the innovations and new campaign. Primarily can't wait to completely strip all of my characters and regear them with the new jewel system...that's going to break current builds sooooo hard. For the better I'm sure, but you know, growing pains and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I was about to get upset about there being a PoE 2 when PoE 1 is perfectly fine, until I saw that it's just tacked onto the end of PoE 1. That's cool. Really looking forward to the innovations and new campaign. Primarily can't wait to completely strip all of my characters and regear them with the new jewel system...that's going to break current builds sooooo hard. For the better I'm sure, but you know, growing pains and such.
    Yeah. Its Patch 4.0 but its such a big change they just started calling it PoE 2.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It's not tacked onto the end. You either play PoE1 and it's campaigns, or you play through a new set of campaigns in PoE2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    Path of Exile 2 looks good.
    So does Diablo 4.
    This is gonna be a fun year.
    Which year? Diablo 4 won't have anything to do with next year, and very unlikely 2021 either, even 2022 seem like an early estimate from what Blizz said. PoE 2 might be end of 2020, but most likely 2021.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    which year? Diablo 4 won't have anything to do with next year, and very unlikely 2021 either, even 2022 seem like an early estimate from what blizz said. Poe 2 might be end of 2020, but most likely 2021.

I thought 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post

I thought 2020.
    If you truly believed D4 will be out in 2020, no fucking chance about that. Even blizzard said "not even blizzard soon", which could mean its still away for at least 2 - 3 years at the very least. Hell, they announced D3 in 2008/2009 and it came out 3 - 4 years later than that.

PoE 2 tries to have a closed beta at the end of 2020. So expect a full release at late 2021/early to mid 2022.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    If you truly believed D4 will be out in 2020, no fucking chance about that. Even blizzard said "not even blizzard soon", which could mean its still away for at least 2 - 3 years at the very least. Hell, they announced D3 in 2008/2009 and it came out 3 - 4 years later than that.

PoE 2 tries to have a closed beta at the end of 2020. So expect a full release at late 2021/early to mid 2022.
    I'm so sad, but thanks for letting me know guys.
    At least I'll definitely be ready XD

Somehow the new gem/skill system seems more complicated than the gear socket.system. especially because you still kinda do have gear that affects skills.

Honestly, I'm not sure about this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It's not tacked onto the end. You either play PoE1 and it's campaigns, or you play through a new set of campaigns in PoE2.
    You're arguing semantics. The new campaign starts 20 years after the first campaign. Story-wise it is literally a sequel. A continuation. I.E., 'tacked onto the end'. Of course you can just play campaign 2 and never touch campaign 1, that wasn't my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Somehow the new gem/skill system seems more complicated than the gear socket.system. especially because you still kinda do have gear that affects skills.

Honestly, I'm not sure about this change.
    You can also put gems in gems to allow you to put gems inside of that multi-gem

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But korijenkins doesn't like the acts so therefore they shouldn't have them!

I actually still have fun going through the acts honestly and am looking forward to new ones
    Actually I didn't say that at all, my problem is that they waste time making story content (which is the most time-consuming thing they can do, design entirely new acts) when people don't play the game for them anyway. The first thing everyone does in PoE each season is bum-rush to the maps.

You can say that's not true, and I'll call you a liar, because I've not encountered a single person that cares about the story and campaign over the endgame. But instead of understanding that, they waste months of time hiring voice actors and designing new player hubs and quests for all of us to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Actually I didn't say that at all, my problem is that they waste time making story content (which is the most time-consuming thing they can do, design entirely new acts) when people don't play the game for them anyway. The first thing everyone does in PoE each season is bum-rush to the maps.

You can say that's not true, and I'll call you a liar, because I've not encountered a single person that cares about the story and campaign over the endgame. But instead of understanding that, they waste months of time hiring voice actors and designing new player hubs and quests for all of us to skip.
    I guess you only know people who want to rush for the season achievements and stuff. I for one love to hear the dialogue and get to know the story. Knowing that there are 7 new acts for me to go through is refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're arguing semantics. The new campaign starts 20 years after the first campaign. Story-wise it is literally a sequel. A continuation. I.E., 'tacked onto the end'. Of course you can just play campaign 2 and never touch campaign 1, that wasn't my point.
    Not true....for people who show up after 2 launches, they gotta go back and do 1 for the original set of ascendancys

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

I still to this day like the story from poe, and am looking forward to the new one, it's the majority of what I do, I don't really do too much end game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Not true....for people who show up after 2 launches, they gotta go back and do 1 for the original set of ascendancys
    if they want them yea, but it's not required