Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I think you misunderstood me because I wasn't saying that in agreement with you. I was saying, "Assuming anything other than she was in The Maw is absurd", because we have no evidence to suggest she was anywhere but The Maw.
    We dont have evidence she is in the maw either, only speculation, Blizzard saying that in that moment she met the jailor could mean anything.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2019-11-17 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    We dont have evidence she is in the maw either
    Except for that fact that she cut her deal with the Jailor in that moment, and where is the jailor? In The Maw. We have 0 evidence that the Jailor has any influence outside of The Maw, to assume she wasn't in his realm without any evidence to suggest it, while all the evidence we do have suggests she was in his realm, is absurd.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-11-17 at 06:34 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Remember how preserving a person in Carbonite was done as an experiment by Darth Vader in the movies, but in the game Star Wars: The Old Republic, carbonite is actually the common way for bounty hunters to transport their bounties? Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place 300 years before the movies.

So Blizzard's writers aren't the only ones who don't know their own lore.
    Yeah and first version of lord of the rings where Bilbo meets Gollum and gets the One Ring, in that version he actually wins it in their riddle match and Gollum is happy to give away the ring, where in the new version Bilbo gets to live if he wins.

We dont have evidence she is in the maw either, only speculation, Blizzard saying that in that moment she met the jailor could mean anything.
    The jailer is only in the maw.

Why are people so set on this obvious connection being something deeper or something misleading?

She died, went to the Maw, partnered up with The Jailer, and got out.

The obvious answer is the answer, let's not Pyromancer out here.

Except for that fact that she cut her deal with the Jailor in that moment, and where is the jailor? In The Maw. We have 0 evidence that the Jailor has any influence outside of The Maw, to assume she wasn't in his realm without any evidence to suggest it, while all the evidence we do have suggests she was in his realm, is absurd.
    He is a powerful new character that predates the Titans, Blizzard can write him in pretty much anyway they want. You cant jump to conclusions only because the deal was made in that moment, maybe the jailer rescued her from another plane of existence

If according to blizzard, Death broke in Legion, doesnt that mean that the place where silvanas went when she commited suicide at the end of Wotlk isnt the Maw??
    Clearly it was - it's where she met "The Jailer". He obviously has the power to let anybody leave, especially if he'd made a deal with her. Death was "working" correctly then, so it's where she'd have gone. It doesn't mean to say "breaking" death occurred straight away though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant jump to conclusions
    Says the guy who jumped to conclusions in the opening post of this thread.

At least I have some evidence to back my conclusion.

It seems like you just desperately want Sylvanas to not be evil, because her being sent to the Maw intentionally by the Arbiter would make her exactly that (and I'm sorrynotsorry, but she is evil, and I've already explained to you why right here)
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-11-17 at 05:40 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

But silvanas at that point wasnt evil enough to go to the maw.
    Well, she was wherever Arthas went so probably the maw.

The what's next recap from Blizzard literally says this though:
    "No one has ever escaped this vile place, and any foolish enough to venture there are never heard from again."
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-17 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I have a theory that Lich King's power is actually original Jailer's power that was "borrowed" from the Shadowlands due to a deal made by Legion. In this way, whenever Lich King pulls someone back from the Shadowlands (by making him undead) this person is automatically put in Jailer's domain. Thus, when that person dies again, he/she goes straight to the Maw. This would be consistent with Sylvanas' belief that all undead are damned after death automatically. Mind you, it isn't how Death was SUPPOSED to work in cosmic scale. I suspect our goal in Shadowlands will be to fix it and cause undead to be able to reach salvation.
    I really love your theory, but I have a problem with Sylvanas war against "hope" and "life". Isn't she kinda "hoping" herself for a brighter "future" in the afterlife? Why does she hate happy people so much if her goal is to help the undead reach salvation?

Is there any particular reason you don't want her to have gone to the maw? Because storytelling wise it makes very little sense for the writers to come up with the maw (a place that sounds exactly like the place Sylvanas went to) and then have the Jailor meet Sylvanas in another new area that's just like the maw, but not the maw.

I mean ... what purpose would that new place have? How would that make the maw (the place blizzard needs to sell us, because it is actually in the expansion) more interesting or more connected to the story? Why confuse players with two "evil torture realms of death"?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you would have to have a pretty good reason to do that, since at first glance it would not help the story at all.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Why is it that everyone has conveniently forgotten that Yogg-Saron was also a god of death. We killed him in Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Why is it that everyone has conveniently forgotten that Yogg-Saron was also a god of death. We killed him in Ulduar.
    Because that was just a self-given title. He has no relevance to any of this as far as we're aware.

If according to blizzard, Death broke in Legion, doesnt that mean that the place where silvanas went when she commited suicide at the end of Wotlk isnt the Maw??
    Sylvanas is the sort of cursed soul who would end up in the Maw before it broke. Not for her actions during life, but for what she was willing to do to avoid her fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Sylvanas is the sort of cursed soul who would end up in the Maw before it broke. Not for her actions during life, but for what she was willing to do to avoid her fate.
    Pretty sure it was definitely for her actions in life(undeath) too, she was absolutely not a good person.

Pretty sure it was definitely for her actions in life(undeath) too, she was absolutely not a good person.
    No, but I don't think that her actions were Maw-worthy prior to Edge of Night. Maybe Revendreth, but I don't think the Maw would be fair. Remember the Maw is only for the absolute worst scum. So far the only person we're pretty sure ended up there is Arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Clearly it was - it's where she met "The Jailer". He obviously has the power to let anybody leave, especially if he'd made a deal with her. Death was "working" correctly then, so it's where she'd have gone. It doesn't mean to say "breaking" death occurred straight away though.
    "clearly" is a pretty big word considering we have next to nothing of information.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who jumped to conclusions in the opening post of this thread.

At least I have some evidence to back my conclusion.

It seems like you just desperately want Sylvanas to not be evil, because her being sent to the Maw intentionally by the Arbiter would make her exactly that (and I'm sorrynotsorry, but she is evil, and I've already explained to you why right here)
    I dont really care whether silvanas is evil of not, so if you want to start a discussion about silvanas sorry to dissapoint you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, she was wherever Arthas went so probably the maw.

The what's next recap from Blizzard literally says this though:
    "No one has ever escaped this vile place, and any foolish enough to venture there are never heard from again."
    No one has ever escaped, yet silvanas did escape, so this points to it not being the maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Talking about what she was going to do or not going to do is a bit of a stretch dont you think??

Honestly I say just "don't think about it too hard", this is one of those things where they wrote in the details like the Arbiter later in the story and will involve small retroactive retcons to make it make sense. They might just give us a cutscene that's what "really" happened after she hit the spikes to clear it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Jailer might have had some special plans and required someone to put them in motions. Like, the Jailer is Nerzhul, Sylvanas is Arthas.

She wasn't necessarily supposed to end up in the Maw, but the Jailer tricked her into seeing the maw and struck a deal with her so she would do its biddings out of the shadowlans...

They already stated that she went to the Maw.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296023/...s-since-edge-o
    Q: Did the jailer in The Maw see the Legion as a threat which is why Sylvanas worked with Varian?

A: We'll find out more of her motivations in Shadowlands and that her relationship with the Jailer dates back a bit. Edge of Night story involves this relationship. Working with Varian was a long term strategy in order to get war chief - had to make allies but now we're seeing the fruition of that.
    If she met the Jailer in Edge of Night, then that means she went to the Maw, since he exists within the Maw.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

"clearly" is a pretty big word considering we have next to nothing of information.
    We have enough.