One day I would like a new Pokemon game where the starter's final evolutions didn't look like someone's deviantart fursona. It's been 3 generations in a row like that now. And even in Gen 5 Emboar looks like a fat dude in a pig suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And how do you implemented that hard mode?

What Jt suggested certainly is the default way to do so, make it harder to outlevel things, make more fights type disadvantages to you (aka you'll get one shot), and more.

No one is saying "change is bad". They're saying that change for change sake isn't always the best idea.
    Pokemon has always been at its core, a casual game.

To try to appeal outside of that actually could do harm to it in the end.
    Correct.

You can't change the core game play itself otherwise you put off the core player base. There is a reason why none of the side games sell as well as the mainline series (including the Lets Go series).

So the list I gave is how 99% of the JRPG's handle adding "difficulty". Like usual he just wanted to take a shot at me and that's why he included the Gamestop comment like its some kind of insult or something.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-11-17 at 10:13 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They don't need to overhaul pokemon, but they can build on what is currently there. The Wild Area is actually a really neat idea that I would like to see expanded on in every game and not forgotten about post SwSh.

And they had a hard mode in the past - no reason to exclude it again for those who want a challenge. This whole idea of taking options away from the player is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Correct.

You can't change the core game play itself otherwise you put off the core player base.
    Ahh yes the core gameplay audience is going to be really put off that their game is exactly the same because they chose "normal" difficulty, such logic.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What Jt suggested certainly is the default way to do so, make it harder to outlevel things, make more fights type disadvantages to you (aka you'll get one shot), and more.

No one is saying "change is bad". They're saying that change for change sake isn't always the best idea.

Is that so hard to figure out?

Game launches and plays like it normally would on easy mode and little billy doesn't need to change a thing.

But you also put in a option in the game settings menu to do hard mode. Or an item in game. Plenty of options. Don't need to be so set in stone. Do the games sell well? Yes. Could they do better? Yes. I mean you guys harp on more about the games success than the quality so who's to say it can't even sell more!

The thing is that, with pokemon games, people tend to say "Aww how cute" and it doesnt matter that we are playing the same game for 23 years.
    The company treats pokemon games as if it was a soda can of Coca Cola.

Its been 23 years

Is it too much to ask for something even so slightly new? Out of the best selling franchise in the world?
    Im not even asking for innovation in the gaming genre.
    Im asking for SLIGHT new things. Even a little thing would be welcome.
    But no, gamfreak regurgitates the same exact formula since forever.

Have you guys seen the re-used animations and character models?
    #gamefreakLied
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The thing is that, with pokemon games, people tend to say "Aww how cute" and it doesnt matter that we are playing the same game for 23 years.
    The company treats pokemon games as if it was a soda can of Coca Cola.

Its been 23 years

Is it too much to ask for something even so slightly new? Out of the best selling franchise in the world?
    Im not even asking for innovation in the gaming genre.
    Im asking for SLIGHT new things. Even a little thing would be welcome.
    But no, gamfreak regurgitates the same exact formula since forever.

Have you guys seen the re-used animations and character models?
    #gamefreakLied
    ?
    Well the big new thing they did this gen was to make sure they need to do even less work in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well the big new thing they did this gen was to make sure they need to do even less work in the future.
    Except theres way more effort put into these than gen 7 so

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Doesn't Pokemon have its own thread that this discussion could take place in? 50 pages of pokemon debate feels like it's moved slightly away from the Switch...
    Talking about a Switch game isn't relevant to the Switch?

Umm, sure dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    All other news and discussion gets lost in the blackhole of this silly shit.
    Such as? Because nothing comes out till janurary

Bah, nothing particularly interesting until Animal Crossing. Unless you're counting ports, such as the Atelier Dusk Trilogy. The first two games are good.

Yea why are people talking about Switch blockbusters such as Bloo Kid and Zumba and instead talking about Pokemon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Literally nobody will be talking about any of those anywhere

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people arguing about whether or not adding more than one difficulty would improve Pokemon? Clearly it would. I'm honestly not interested in debating with you though. I was just asking if the bullshit argument could go somewhere else as it really has fuck all to do with the switch itself and is about the pokemon franchise as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA you're adorable.
    hit me up when you see the sweet thread about widget satchel later this month

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    hit me up when you see the sweet thread about widget satchel later this month
    You want to play Strike Force: War on Terror with me later this week? Didn't realize Switch was getting some good ole shooter bro games, gonna pick it up at Target with a bag of doritos and a 12 pack of mountain dew and pretend it's 2008 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You want to play Strike Force: War on Terror with me later this week? Didn't realize Switch was getting some good ole shooter bro games, gonna pick it up at Target with a bag of doritos and a 12 pack of mountain dew and pretend it's 2008 all over again.
    Oh gee, another shooter set in the middle east with a dull, brown color palette.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'd rather play my most anticipated switch game of the year, the horror game in december "breathing fear." I was almost too afraid to even type that

Didn’t realize Tokyo Mirage Sessions was coming to switch. That’s got to leave <5 worthwhile Wii U ports now.

Anyone tried Civ yet for switch? Haven’t played a Civ game in probably 10 years but I see it’s got some decent Black Friday prices. Is this a version worth getting for portability purposes? Yeah I’m sure it’s better on PC...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...edits_scene_d/

So Gamefreak recorded the ending cutscene and left a cursor in there. There is no way this game isn't getting a cleaned up rerelease.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess i'll throw my card code in 0000 0000 5HXY BN

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"