Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I'll just quote yourself:

If Ysera's soul entered the Shadowlands but appeared outside it, it means it didn't went to the Maw (none escapes THE MAW!), and as such the "Machine of Death" wasn't broken when she died.

And since she's a Dragon and not a Wild God, she doesn't get to reincarnate in the Emerald Dream like Cenarius, Aviana or even the Loa.
    listen dude its not like blizzard are gonna have actually paid any attention to this idea. i can 100% promise u it was broken before ysera died and when this fact is told to us you will be like "well OBVIOUSLY elune saved ysera from the maw, i knew it all along from the valsharah cutscene"

but ysera wont even be the only character they overlooked with this terrible idea.

as usual all effort put into speculation by applying the lore's own rules to the world is entirely wasted.
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    All teldrassil victims. What a shame.
    fuck nelfs
    yeast

If Ysera's soul entered the Shadowlands but appeared outside it, it means it didn't went to the Maw (none escapes THE MAW!), and as such the "Machine of Death" wasn't broken when she died.

And since she's a Dragon and not a Wild God, she doesn't get to reincarnate in the Emerald Dream like Cenarius, Aviana or even the Loa.
    You really think special rules couldn't apply to the favored daughter of Elune and former dragon aspect?

We don't know the timeline yet, that's what I'm speculating on, but normal stuff doesn't really apply to the dragonflights to begin with. Doubly so for the Emerald where if I remember correctly we can find shades of them in the dream when we gain the green dragonscale to empower the heart of azeroth.

Added edit: Also when you defeat the Emerald Nightmare raid the dragons of nightmare - Ysondre and the like - can be seen in spectral form from the last room where you enter it.
    Last edited by Shelly; 2019-11-18 at 04:30 AM.

On the topic of Ysera, I think its important to recognize she may not be a typical case. Elune directly intervened in her death and carried her soul off right before she physically died. Ysera may never have touched the shadowlands.

There is also the possibility that Elune is from the Shadowlands (Night Fae Queen?). Interesting that Ysera's spirit disappears in the dream not a year later. If Elune is connected to the shadowlands, her power would be drying up around that time. Which also explains why she didn't do more for Teldrassil if she was starving for powers.

10+ Year Old Account

Ysera's soul was intercepted by Elune before it had a chance to go anywhere, I imagine.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    fuck nelfs
    They don't like you either.....no really chances are they don't like you...they are xenophobic

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that could be a nice plot twist if we can bring people back from the maw. I miss Tirion (It's not Tyrion, lol). And Varian.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Now that could be a nice plot twist if we can bring people back from the maw. I miss Tirion (It's not Tyrion, lol). And Varian.
    Don't let Arthas's fanbase hear you say that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So everyone from at least the Broken Shore onward is going to be in the Maw
    We don't even know that. Stop making things up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The general from Stonetalon Mountains
    Ah... everyone's favourite lore character.

- - - Updated - - -

When did her spirit appear somewhere?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Wait Tyrion, Varian, and Saurfang in the Maw lol? They'll be somewhere in the Shadowlands for sure but the Maw is reserved for the most evil and sick criminals across the entire Cosmos. Unless Tyrion, Varian, and Saurfang actually did a lot of extremely sick stuff when out of public view like being a serial killer, rapists, etc.
    basically they shouldn't be in the Maw but they are because the Jailer has been funnelling souls that he shouldn't get to the Maw to become more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It's implied that we will be by climbing the tower as we are the "maw walker."

And eh, typed from memory. :-)

Well, Ysera's soul probably never went anywhere in the Shadowlands as she was directly retrieved by Elune when she "died".

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I hope we save Varian, Tirion and all Night Elves that died during the war of thorns. Saurfang can rot there for all eternity, it's not like he doesn't deserve it.
    I hope Varian will rot with him. Night elves also deserve that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Since it's confirmed that they'll be in the Maw as said by the TC then that can only mean they all have done some extremely sick and nasty stuff during their private times. Human sacrifices, being a sex offender, torture chambers, etc. Maybe a future novel going deeper into these character's private lives.
    I don't think you were paying attention to the info dump from Blizzcon. Blizzard said after a certain event (can't remember off the top of my head), every soul both good and evil are being funneled into the Maw.

Although he died long before the Broken Shore, I wonder if Sylvanas would get Liam Greymane sent to The Maw just to screw with Genn some more.

Hmm... would dull to say just chars from legion-bfa as 90% of them most likely but going before that.

-KT most likely as chronicles 3 "his soul was lost in shadowlands"
    -DW is a possibility
    -Dark'han ( could Also work for the jailor)
    -Every member original Shadow council(Dk's and cho'gall included)
    -Fandral
    -All fel orcs
    -AU Ner'zhul?
    -Benedict
    -Putress
    -Malkorok
    -Galakrond
    -AU Kilrogg
    -Arthas
    -MU Ner'zhul?
    -Renault Mograine
    -Arugal
    -Malacrass
    -Maybe Loken
    -Most Black Dragons(Probably no sintharian as she whispered to Twilight drakes during legion)
    -Vash.
    -Nekros
    -Rend, Maim Griselda and their father

Well thats all I would say before legion though probably missed many.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abroha View Post
    Although he died long before the Broken Shore, I wonder if Sylvanas would get Liam Greymane sent to The Maw just to screw with Genn some more.
    do we have confirmation on when the Jailer started siphoning souls? because if that started right after Sylvanas killed herself and was resurrected then everything post Wrath could have been part of her plan.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    When did her spirit appear somewhere?
    Inside the Emerald Nightmare, helping us against the Nightmare Lord.

And, as OP said, other Green Dragons appear in the Emerald Dream in spiritual form. Even Elerethe Renferal, Archdruid of the Vale, appeared after the end of the raid, but those beings died inside the Emerald Dream so it's not certain how their death works, especially after the Shadowlands reveal and the existence of Ardenweald.

And, as OP said, other Green Dragons appear in the Emerald Dream in spiritual form. Even Elerethe Renferal, Archdruid of the Vale, appeared after the end of the raid, but those beings died inside the Emerald Dream so it's not certain how their death works, especially after the Shadowlands reveal and the existence of Ardenweald.
    She didn't help us, did she? I don't remember much, but wasn't her spirit just... hanging out there after Xavius was killed? Maybe Elune pulled her spirit into the Emerald dream specifically there to avoid her getting sucked into the maw, maybe preventing her from being reborn, but at least her soul wouldn't have to suffer for eternity.
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2019-11-18 at 10:17 AM.

When? Where? In the fight against Xavius? Never even noticed her there. If that is true, then that is a big clue that the machine of death broke after that.