Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourami View Post
    it would change the game a lot actually
    Making shit up to fit a narrative really makes you seem uninformed. Nowhere outside you has this even been mentioned.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourami View Post
    it would change the game a lot actually
    Please tell me how,

Since in the current design i simply see this:

X class
    - 1 interrupt ability 12 or 24 second cooldown
    - 1 stun
    - 3 speccs that do dps
    - major aoe ability
    - major single target ability.
    - and i can add more generic spells all classes have, but it doesnt matter.

So we end up with the same abilities however with their own animations and a standard rotation.
    After learning said class you are still doing exactly the same content. it doesnt magically alter the content you play.

I said it before:
    If you need a new class to be able to enjoy WoW, it is time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterrax View Post
    I don't get it.. a new race is not content. It's nothing to DO. You character just looks different and you forget about it most of the time.

A new class is only really content for people who main that new class....

A new zone is not really content either. You can have 1 zone like with a lot of features, stories, cut scenes and varied events or 10 zones with lame kill and gather quests.

Real content is things like M+, Raids, PvP activities, Questlines, Islands, Warfronts (not saying these last 2 are good kinds of content) etc. Things to actually DO. And before we see the scope of that how can you judge.
    New races in the past at least came with their own zones, and also a significant impact on the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    I remember when you complained that Legion was filler.
    Isn't that right, @NotTrihard?
    No, Legion was not a filler, I'm pretty sure I have never said that.
    BFA and WoD were, MoP too but that one did incredibly well because it was so different

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    No, Legion was not a filler, I'm pretty sure I have never said that.
    BFA and WoD were, MoP too but that one did incredibly well because it was so different
    Define filler.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I feel like they're just spitting in players' face at this point. We deserve proper expansions, not fillers.
    Shadowlands by itself is not a filler narrative, it's something we've always asked for but the contents of the expansion is clearly filler compared to MoP, Legion, etc

This just feels like another WoD and BFA to me.
    Hmmm, you show us a complex problem. Will Shadowlands be WoD 3.0 or BFA 2.0, since obviously BFA was WoD 2.0 I am not sure it can have it's own counter. I mean we need clear outlines for our whine posts!!!

Oh yeah, and this is nonesense. Just because an expansion does not deliver a new class does not make it "clearly filler", people are just mad that they are not getting their Necromancers, because the DK is the Necromancer class of this game.
    The content does not look in any way different then it was in Legion. You still got the 5 zones for questing (just as many as in Legion), WQs, dungeons, raids, these are the core features of the game and they remain just as they are, on top of this we have Torghast as the new thing that you can do solo or grouped (which will replace the Warfronts and Islands that nobody wants to keep).
    And you can bet that in 9.2. there will again be another zone to quest in that we do not yet know of because it would very likely be a massive spoiler of where the plot goes. At the moment for the endgame we got the Maw, which will be the Suramar zone in Shadowlands.

Different from Legion is only that you are not following a class campaign and instead a narrative that spans the entire Shadowlands.

You really shouldn't be surprised that they are only adding one new feature, when everytime they try something different and new the community tells them how shit it is and that they should remove everything.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2019-11-12 at 07:52 AM.

you forgot 1 dungeon only ;o

Quote Originally Posted by ksehsatoo View Post
    you forgot 1 dungeon only ;o
    What do you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Hmmm, you show us a complex problem. Will Shadowlands be WoD 3.0 or BFA 2.0, since obviously BFA was WoD 2.0 I am not sure it can have it's own counter. I mean we need clear outlines for our whine posts!!!
    No BfA is Legion 2.0 not WoD 2.0.

Oh yeah, and this is nonesense. Just because an expansion does not deliver a new class does not make it "clearly filler", people are just mad that they are not getting their Necromancers, because the DK is the Necromancer class of this game.
    Might as well be a tinker, no need for necromancers.

The content does not look in any way different then it was in Legion. You still got the 5 zones for questing (just as many as in Legion), WQs, dungeons, raids, these are the core features of the game and they remain just as they are, on top of this we have Torghast as the new thing that you can do solo or grouped (which will replace the Warfronts and Islands that nobody wants to keep).
    Torghast is nothing like island expeditions nor warfronts, we basically lost 2 game modes because instead of improving, blizz decided to drop it completely. Plus I did fucking like islands, I want to keep them.

And you can bet that in 9.2. there will again be another zone to quest in that we do not yet know of because it would very likely be a massive spoiler of where the plot goes. At the moment for the endgame we got the Maw, which will be the Suramar zone in Shadowlands.
    Except you know... the story, quests, world quests and all that stuff.

Different from Legion is only that you are not following a class campaign and instead a narrative that spans the entire Shadowlands.

You really shouldn't be surprised that they are only adding one new feature, when everytime they try something different and new the community tells them how shit it is and that they should remove everything.
    Except artifact, class story lines, legendaries (yes, shadowlands does not have legendaries, it will be just better gear you can purchase from vendor with special effects that will occupy your inventory slots through entire expansion), suramar, minigames, island expedition, warfronts, new class, azerite, mage tower, whitered army scenario, chromie scenario and many many more.

Also you have contradicted yourself, instead of removing all of their ideas like garrisons, they should improve on it, not scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No BfA is Legion 2.0 .
    No it's not. Where are my artifact weapons? Where are my class halls? BFA is nothing like Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    No it's not. Where are my artifact weapons? Where are my class halls? BFA is nothing like Legion.
    Yes it is, Artifact weapon -> artifact neck. Which is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better design (because weapon was overpowered compared to rest of the gear).
    Artifact power -> improved as azerite power
    Class halls -> war campaign
    Legendaries + tier sets -> azerite armor
    Improved M+
    Crucible -> Azerite Essences

BfA is exactly Legion 2.0 literally everything that people complained in legion got improved in BfA.
    Legendaries got incorporated into Azerite gear without RNG since you have vendor and dont have to farm shit content just to rely on bad luck protection.

WoD is nothing like these 2 expansions.

I have a feeling that they had another idea after BFA, started work on it until it became clear it would not be done in time and pivoted to shadowlands. It was probably a world revamp or something. That’s why shadowlands is behind in development and has the bare minimum of features.

Yes it is, Artifact weapon -> artifact neck. Which is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better design (because weapon was overpowered compared to rest of the gear).
    Artifact power -> improved as azerite power
    Class halls -> war campaign
    Legendaries + tier sets -> azerite armor
    Improved M+
    Crucible -> Azerite Essences

BfA is exactly Legion 2.0 literally everything that people complained in legion got improved in BfA.
    Legendaries got incorporated into Azerite gear without RNG since you have vendor and dont have to farm shit content just to rely on bad luck protection.

WoD is nothing like these 2 expansions.
    I'm sorry, but no. You cannot compare:

Artifact Weapons, iconic weapons to the franchise, 36 different ones, with multiple different customizable looks that players can earn, to a generic neck piece that you don't see and means nothing.

and

Class Halls, with 12 unique stories, unique NPCs, unique locations and unique quests, to a binary Horde/Alliance quest system.

BfA is absolutely WoD part deux. It's a completely binary game system where you split everything Horde and Alliance. There are no nuances. You have no unique stories or extra features. There's no hugely compelling and iconic weapons to pick up, and once you play through the content once, it is exactly the same for that faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Is this an out-of-season April Fool's joke?
    Pretty sure it says 5 new zones, and we don't know if more to come. Then again, OP is banned for a reason I guess.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pretty sure it says 5 new zones, and we don't know if more to come. Then again, OP is banned for a reason I guess.
    The Maw isn't a real zone. Will have no storyline quests. Probably like Timeless Isle, just darker.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maw isn't a real zone. Will have no storyline quests. Probably like Timeless Isle, just darker.
    Still a zone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post

Artifact Weapons, iconic weapons to the franchise, 36 different ones, with multiple different customizable looks that players can earn, to a generic neck piece that you don't see and means nothing.

and

Class Halls, with 12 unique stories, unique NPCs, unique locations and unique quests, to a binary Horde/Alliance quest system.

BfA is absolutely WoD part deux. It's a completely binary game system where you split everything Horde and Alliance. There are no nuances. You have no unique stories or extra features. There's no hugely compelling and iconic weapons to pick up, and once you play through the content once, it is exactly the same for that faction.
    You are aware that you are just describing every expan other then legion as wod delux right?

Not to mention the no extra features is just flatly wrong as azerite gear was a new feature as were islands and warfronts and even warmode. Then you have essences and the new 8.3 stuff. You don’t have to like the new features but they are in fact there.

- - - Updated - - -

The timeless isle was very much so a zone and had a lot to do in it. Given how they improved on that concept in mechagnome and are likely to keep improving it won’t be some barren waste.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post

and

Sorry but no. Artifact weapon was one of the worst ideas they ever had. "Iconic weapons" transformed into "something everyone had". There was absolutely nothing special about it.

And I did all these 12 "unique stories", which turned out to be just a questline.

BfA is Legion 2.0. Non of this things you listed were even unique or compelling.

Sorry but no. Artifact weapon was one of the worst ideas they ever had. "Iconic weapons" transformed into "something everyone had". There was absolutely nothing special about it.
    Whether you liked it or not is irrelevant. The differences are very much there. 36 different weapons. I don't even know how many different appearances. All versus a single item. That you never see. They aren't comparable other than "they get built up".

And I did all these 12 "unique stories", which turned out to be just a questline.
    Yes... Which is what the War campaign is. A questline. These were 12 different ones, featuring unque stories, unique locations and unique NPCs.

BfA is Legion 2.0. Non of this things you listed were even unique or compelling.
    BfA is WOD 2.0. It is exactly the same story telling methodology and the same options. Legion was unique in design and approach (whether it was your cup of tea or not). BfA just retreads the same steps they took in WOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware that you are just describing every expan other then legion as wod delux right?

Not to mention the no extra features is just flatly wrong as azerite gear was a new feature as were islands and warfronts and even warmode. Then you have essences and the new 8.3 stuff. You don’t have to like the new features but they are in fact there.
    Forgive me, I misspoke. In regards to extra features, I meant in a narrative sense. After the branching out story system of Legion, they returned to the binary system that was present up to WOD.

My main issue with shadowlands is the sheer amount of retconning bull shit they pulled for it. Everything about the story for the expansion so far is absolute garbage because it throws established lore in the fire.