Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah the levels primarily depend on the length of the battleground itself. The longer, the more XP. However, if you win it is roughly 1 level 15% XP if you have majority of the BoA's on. With that said, the faster you win your games and get back into another the more XP and levels you will gain / hr. So it's in the best interest to win. Do note that just straight zerg rushing doesn't always end pretty and can turn it into a major turtle too.

You just have to remember the objectives, play them accordingly, and you'll be getting it done and leveling pretty quickly.
    for me it's important to pass 60-80 level..mop and wod its super super fast too and more fun.
    maybe come back in AV at 100

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    for me it's important to pass 60-80 level..mop and wod its super super fast too and more fun.
    maybe come back in AV at 100
    What I've been doing is leveling up 60-90/91. Then at 90/91 go open up the Garrison (while in queue if your queue times are 10+ minutes). At 91 pick up the 20% XP potion (works in AV) and fly around and do treasures/bonus objectives while waiting in queue. Once you are 100 (you can do it at 98 too if you wanted, but you still have treasures) you can do Legion Invasions if they are up or go do the bonus objectives (treasures don't offer XP).

0, I'm unsubbed. But if I could level up some DK allied races I'd be subscribe right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Well 1 so far, and started a 2nd (both 110s I leveled for Heritage). The experience pre-60 is terrible (I tried it), but I might push an alt thru to 60 (both 40s now) and see about that.
    Yeah the problem is I don't see any decent way of leveling from 1-60 (or even 20-60) without spamming dungeons. I'm just so tired of Classic content (done it since launch) that the faster I can get out of it the better, granted that goes for all expansions since I've played each relevant. At least at 120 I can go back and farm old content without the struggle from leveling and do max level content, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I love this new old BG for leveling alts. Way more fun than questing for me.

I'm on my 3rd already. So many people leveling now.
    None. Alts, at least in BFA, aren't a viable option for me considering how essences are rep-gated.

So far I've done 7 alts. Working on my 8th a little later tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heads up for all doing it(and on third 4th pater today)

1. Do NOT turn in the korrak kill quest as it gets you an ilv 400 item at 120

2. Side quests once a day i believe it is nets you 150k xp with full heirlooms

3. You can kill korrak on zul drak for quest credot it seems

Also the xp gets good around 100 like crazy good went from 110 to 115 in 2-3 hours last night..2 in one longer game. So it IS good xp still just not for lower levels

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    That's technically correct, but the quests are obviously tuned for at least 350 ilvl when you have 240 or less by not leveling from questing. I found the opening quests impossible as a rogue and even a blood dk until I sent my alts some benthic gear. One of the quest bosses chunks off your health with uninterruptible casts and has an absurd health bar for a 240 ilvl character.
    Send em full benthic from your main?

Yeah the levels primarily depend on the length of the battleground itself. The longer, the more XP. However, if you win it is roughly 1 level 15% XP if you have majority of the BoA's on. With that said, the faster you win your games and get back into another the more XP and levels you will gain / hr. So it's in the best interest to win.
    Assuming everybody in the BG is there to level, the incentive structure is set to:

1) win (100% of a level)
    2) lose quickly (50% of a level)

So if the battle isn't going your way, optimal strategy is to just let the other side win as quickly as possible.

That said, nobody's gonna do that.

It's easier to notice it because the numbers are bigger on gains, however, the speed is basically the same. The XP just scales so it looks like you are earning less, but really earning the same.
    Could just be as easy as me having rested, because I have done this with a guildie, below 60. He gets half of my levels, everytime. So it is like I said earlier, the xp you get passively doesn't affect rested. But yeah, it does feel faster the higher you go, maybe it is just like you say.

The passive xp not affecting your rested bar is big in itself though. It is pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Could just be as easy as me having rested, because I have done this with a guildie, below 60. He gets half of my levels, everytime. So it is like I said earlier, the xp you get passively doesn't affect rested. But yeah, it does feel faster the higher you go, maybe it is just like you say.

The passive xp not affecting your rested bar is big in itself though. It is pretty neat.
    Rested has absolutely nothing to do with it since the XP gains are quests (can confirm via dropping guild banners) and the resting bar just pushings upwards (i saw the last line as I was replying and too lazy to retract what I said). I have some 120's who are still maxed rested. The only thing that eats up rested is mob kills which are so small it doesn't matter.

Below 60 is the biggest key in this. 10-60 gets drastically reduced XP. For instance three toons in the same bg following each other around. Toon A (112) got 2.5 levels, Toon B (82) got 2.25 levels (was missing 5% xp gem) and Toon C (level 20) got 0.33 levels.

Other than that it's pretty even. The key is if you are comparing XP make sure you both have the same XP % equipped. You can get +55% with standard BoA gear then 50% from Gurubashi trinket (adds 6-8k xp per tick at 111+) and DMF trinket that gives 50%. There's also the XP gem for ilvl 200+ that gives 5%. At level 91-99 you can use the 20% garrison potion as well.

Also, a nice big chunk of XP can be gotten win you are about to lose/win. Win you are about to do either drop a +15% guild banner and then increases the amount of XP you get very nicely. One way to tell if you are losing is to /tar Vann or /tar Drek and then /focus them so you have their health bar up and can view it anyway. The one you have to kill should be up already (or maybe it's my UI doing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Assuming everybody in the BG is there to level, the incentive structure is set to:

1) win (100% of a level)
    2) lose quickly (50% of a level)

So if the battle isn't going your way, optimal strategy is to just let the other side win as quickly as possible.

That said, nobody's gonna do that.
    Funny thing is I merc'ed as Alliance a couple times and win it was a loss they were begging everyone to just stop after a certain point so they can get their XP and leave.

well, i discovered the xp gain.

leveled 3 alts so far. very fast xp, pretty good shit. that leaves warrior and monk as my only two sub-120 characters.

was good to get those alts up now since timewalking's up. that's a straight shot to 370+ ilvl in about 40min after hitting 120.

im on my 3rd alt just 3 more to go and ill have all 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i discovered the xp gain.

leveled 3 alts so far. very fast xp, pretty good shit. that leaves warrior and monk as my only two sub-120 characters.

was good to get those alts up now since timewalking's up. that's a straight shot to 370+ ilvl in about 40min after hitting 120.
    Yeah the xp is freaking amazeing get that anni buff and its aNY where from 2 ot 3 level somtimes but atleast 1 level or more per Av.

Rested has absolutely nothing to do with it since the XP gains are quests (can confirm via dropping guild banners) and the resting bar just pushings upwards (i saw the last line as I was replying and too lazy to retract what I said). I have some 120's who are still maxed rested. The only thing that eats up rested is mob kills which are so small it doesn't matter.

Below 60 is the biggest key in this. 10-60 gets drastically reduced XP. For instance three toons in the same bg following each other around. Toon A (112) got 2.5 levels, Toon B (82) got 2.25 levels (was missing 5% xp gem) and Toon C (level 20) got 0.33 levels.
    You just said earlier that it just feels faster as higher as you go? How much xp did you get the last 5 levels without rested then? I got 32k. The guildie of mine used same amount of heirlooms and the anniversary buff.

So you say I was right that it goes faster at higher levels? It's kinda interesting to see what people experience.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-18 at 04:39 PM.

You just said earlier that it just feels faster as higher as you go? How much xp did you get the last 5 levels without rested then? I got 32k. The guildie of mine used same amount of heirlooms and the anniversary buff.
    From 111-120 I was getting about 39k-40k a tick. But I have 105% from gear, 15% anniversary and 5% xp gem. With the guild banner I was getting 46k a tick. 32k sounds like you have the base pieces on minus the trinket and maybe gem.

so far I leveled 3, but I only started yesterday 1 more to go to get one of each class at 120 then I might start on allied races!

edit - I wish I had the BG exp trinkets that would have been insane speed

y'all should do the base capping dailies, too.

that shit said it only gave 29k experience, so i was neglecting turning them in. but that last alt, i went and turned them in, and they each gave me over 100k experience.

Only thing that sucks is once you get to max level your gear is crap unless you have heirlooms maxed. I went from 112 to 120 just doing AV and had an ilevel of 227 when I hit 120. Tried doing simple quests afterwards and it took forever to kill anything and was taking a lot of damage since my hp was so low.

This may be slightly unrealted but...

I went to give KR a shot on one of my lower alts, lvl 22 to be specific, and after one match or capping towers/mines AND winning...i got 1/3 of a bar of EXP.

If this normal for lowbies like that and if so, does the SUPER exp kick in at lvl 60 or 50? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

From 111-120 I was getting about 39k-40k a tick. But I have 105% from gear, 15% anniversary and 5% xp gem. With the guild banner I was getting 46k a tick. 32k sounds like you have the base pieces on minus the trinket and maybe gem.
    How do you get 105% from gear? But yeah, 50% from gear, anniversary and 10% pot. Will do the gem as well, thank you!

But yeah, so not rested affecting it, but levels. Glad we cleared that. Then I'll go for the 60+ chars to level up

[QUOTE=Doffen;51884024]How do you get 105% from gear? But yeah, 50% from gear, anniversary and 10% pot. Will do the gem as well, thank you!

10% Helm
    10% Shoulder
    10% Chest
    10% Legs

5% Cloak
    5% STV Fishing Ring
    5% Garrison Fishing Ring

That's the standard 55% from gear

Then you have

+50% XP in BG's from the Gurubashi Arena Trinket
    +50% XP in BG's from the DMF trinket (This one I am missing and going to try to get it next time around).

Then I'll go for the 60+ chars to level up
    Yeah I definitely recommend hitting 60 first. You can do it without, but it takes 2-3 bg's for one level. That time is much much better spent questing, dungeoning, etc