Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Fine with Sylvanas

I dont know about you guys but every Xpac or every game i liked her more and more. Hated her when she was a simple arrogant elf. When she become undead she started being wiser and cunning without yelling. In WoW she joined the horde, later warchief and she survived all the crap. To me she become more iconic character then Arthas with all respect to that character, but he didnt move forward unlike her. What do you think?

When she become undead she started being wiser and cunning without yelling.
    ???

She literally threw a temper tantrum in 8.2.5 and decided to abandon her place as leader of one of the two mortal superpowers in the world for literally no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    ???

She literally threw a temper tantrum in 8.2.5 and decided to abandon her place as leader of one of the two mortal superpowers in the world for literally no reason.
    literally? Didn't know you were one of the writers so you understand everything that is going on behind the scenes.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

You will trigger haters ...noting more. They will soon swarm this topic only to prove their "points"

Noting constructive

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    literally? Didn't know you were one of the writers so you understand everything that is going on behind the scenes.
    I am not a writer but I have eyes and ears, and what I did see and hear was Sylvanas throwing a temper tantrum because Saurfang moaned about hope. You don't need to be a writer to understand that.

Sylvanas at this point is wow’s most iconic character in history.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I dont know about you guys but every Xpac or every game i liked her more and more. Hated her when she was a simple arrogant elf. When she become undead she started being wiser and cunning without yelling. In WoW she joined the horde, later warchief and she survived all the crap. To me she become more iconic character then Arthas with all respect to that character, but he didnt move forward unlike her. What do you think?
    Nothing wrong with enjoying her character, just so long as you are aware that she is supposed to be the villain and recognize her as such and don't spend your time trying to convince yourself and others she is some sort of altruistic character all along.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    When she become undead she started being wiser and cunning
    Yeah, no, she absolutely did not become wise when she became undead, even back in WC3 she was an absolute idiot.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    She’s an emotional wreck and rather boring.

But at least she’s not Soyfang, Baine, Anduin, Lor’themar, Jaina or any of the other shittier characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know.....ass and titties make sells and blizz like it when they shit sells. They just figured out what most strippers already knew.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see her as absolute evil and ofc she made alot of crap and hope it will be somehow explained, other then that...
    No, she was not an absolute idiot. Its a bit harder to consider who is wiser and who is idiot.. i think its a bit harder then that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    She’s an emotional wreck and rather boring.

But at least she’s not Soyfang, Baine, Anduin, Lor’themar, Jaina or any of the other shittier characters.
    I thought Lor'thermar dodge a bullet in this expansion.....but then again he always been a fence sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Only because she's Danusers waifu and is catered to with alot of plot armor. Hoping this backfires, even though some still like her. It's turning more players off with how the development is going. Add in all the disappointment shadowlands brings with it and you get a pile of garbage. Wow is trying to embrace woke culture, like other movies and TV series have. But most of those are going broke from it. I don't mind a female lead every now and then, but sick of Sylvannas. Show Talanji,Tyrande, Thalyssra, just someone else already. Just like they did with Guldan at the end of wod. There trying to stretch Sylvannas further but honestly sick of the emo elf that got triggered and threw a hissy fit when taunted by Delaryn.

I was fine with her until Blizzard decided she's going to have a plan that wont be revealed for 10 expansions and is probably so dumb that it's not even possible to guess it. It's so annoying to have a character that exists just so that you feel like you know shit about everything. She gets away with all the bad shit she does and she won't even tell a single thing to her loyalists. "Trust me, I'm brilliant!." Actually seems to me like an absolute idiot playing a god.

Her final death is the only possible satisfying end to her character. I hope Arthas appears somewhere in Shadowlands just to stomp her for good.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    This is also debatable, since there's no way of knowing this. I very much doubt she is more iconic than Illidan or Thrall. Arthas, Jaina, Malfurion, and Tyrande are probably around her level of popularity too.

She’s always been one of my favorite characters but it’s not like Wow has a huge selection of “great” characters. It’s always been fun to have a racial leader that’s cool with fighting the other faction. Alliance players have always seemed to get off on hating her and I think that’s fun for the story. I wish they’d write an Alliance character like that for Horde players but they seem to backtrack on it whenever a character gets close to hatred territory like Jaina or Genn. I mean I still personally hate those characters but it’s not intended in the way it is for Alliance players hating Sylv. I hate Jaina because they constantly try to make me feel bad for her and want me to be friends with her when I do not.

Same here, each expansion made me like her more and more. I find her ok in the past but when she finally reveals her plans. You see just how smart she actually is and how far back she actually planned. Once you connect the dots, you realize she is the real deal. I always like these type of characters, the ones with huge ambitions like Garrosh, Sylvanas etc. And she exceeded Garrosh by a lot. She has overcome lots of struggles and trials. I wanna see what she has in store for us.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-18 at 06:13 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Pushing for a character to become iconic by shoving facetime in front of players. Won't make her that iconic,just more annoying. Most already see what blizzard is trying to do this just because they want to push this narrative. But you can't force it to happen. Illidian,Arthas, Kael, etc there was a pause in between expansions giving the characters rest. Sorta like the mcrib, only there for a limited time. Every so often its brought back just so it doesn't get over played and customers get sick of it. With Sylvannas there not doing that. There pushing her more which makes her boring and uninteresting to follow. Would have rather had the dark below or something else instead of shadowlands. The whole death theme is just boring and over played at this point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only reason she ever got this popular is because she's a hot fuckable elf, even in undeath. If she was rotting like all other forsaken she wouldn't be nearly as popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only reason she ever got this popular is because she's a hot fuckable elf, even in undeath. If she was rotting like all other forsaken she wouldn't be nearly as popular.
    I think the existence of Tyrande disproves your theory. She’s another sexualized Elf that’s existed as long as Sylvanas and definitely doesn’t have as large a fanbase. Hell, they dressed her up as a high end call girl in Legion and mostly people just hated her. Probably because there’s other factors that go into being a fan of a character!

I’d say the same for Jaina. People just liked their stories and personality in WC3 and that carried over into Wow. Ofc there are people who only like either cos they’re hot women but this is an RPG. Good stories are the main drivers for becoming a fan of characters. Hence Arthas, Thrall, and Illidan having large fanbases despite being ugly men!
    Last edited by Seradi; 2019-11-18 at 06:27 PM.