Thread: Reserving items

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're healing main spec. Why not just go as a healer and take it? As a DPS I'd be more than willing to blacklist any dps that needed the robe of their offspec when the groups healer needs it.

It does kind of peeve me that you're reserving an item for your offspec (in terms of what role you are filling during that run). But just make it clear ahead of time. ML shouldn't even be necessary, and if it is just state the reason and that the mount will be rolled on (big) if it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Was too common in Vanilla. You were too often used as a work horse for few people to get their reserved items.
    Nobody can force anybody else to work for them. Except for actual ninja-looting, people went willingly, because their objective was not the item reserved. As I said, if someone reserves an item I don't need, why should I care ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nobody can force anybody else to work for them. Except for actual ninja-looting, people went willingly, because their objective was not the item reserved. As I said, if someone reserves an item I don't need, why should I care ?
    The only way it could affect you is more competition. Let's say it's a jed rend run with MH reserved. The rogues, wars, whatever that are only doing ubrs for MH wont join the run. Group will most likely be more caster heavy. If you are a caster, you will probably have more competition in this group, than the average group. Doesnt really matter but that's a downside of joining a run with something on res that you dont need.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason for you to care if you're also fine with me taking anything else that can drop.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2019-11-18 at 04:50 PM.

And this is why personal loot exists.

As long as you make it clear right from the start that you are going to ML that boss it's absolutely fine. It simply means that you don't trust the people but want the people to trust you.
    Fyi you cannot switch the loot mode during an encounter (or rather you can change it, but the loot mode that was applied when engaging sticks).

I would have no problem joining such a group if there are other things I wanted in the run - with the exception of the Baron (and other very high value bosses). The mount is far too valuable to get ninjad, and even if you claim now you wouldn't ninja it (easy to say considering the probability of it dropping) the temptation is far too high. Actually I wouldn't even trust myself claiming that I wouldn't ninja it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Never saw one reserved item in any dungeon.
    I believe 400days played should be enough to find one. Maybe I played in a good server.
    Or your memory is failing you or you're simply lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    No reason for you to care if you're also fine with me taking anything else that can drop.
    What part of "actual ninja-looting" was too hard for you to read ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They captured you and forced you to run their stuff? No, you willingly accepted to join these groups, stop acting like a victim, you're only a victim of yourself.
    Being the drama creator a lot? Didn't state that but if you want it down low - it was too common for the reservation list to be internal. You would join a raid with room and not know about the reservations until something on the list dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Too common that the reservation list was reserved for the few and not the whole raid knew until an item dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    I hate that you don't see what is going on behind the doors of Personal loot, but yes, it has solved a lot of issues.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Never saw one reserved item in any dungeon.
    I believe 400days played should be enough to find one. Maybe I played in a good server.
    And I have seen 100s and I have more days played than you....

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Hey, carry me so I can get the pieces I need without any chance at it yourself!"

- - - Updated - - -

Me, a Shaman healing: Heya
    Tank: Hey you know the shield off Drak is reserved?"
    Me: GONE

That's how I deal with any reserves. fuck that shit
    ANd nothing of merit was lost from the looks of your attitude.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    What part of "actual ninja-looting" was too hard for you to read ?
    Your sentence didn't make sense, sorry if English isn't your first language. But whatever, ninja-looting is the problem with trusting one person to be the ML. You can't say everything is OK "except for ninja-looting".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A pretty easy fix, is to make a group with reserving the chest, then you inspect the healer to see if he needs it or not.

Most priests will have their crafted Truefaith vestments, so they dont need that chest. but druid and shamans/paladins you should inspect. If they got the chest, you are good to go and dont need to put ML, but if they do not have the chest, find a different healer tbh.
    Healers that are joining your runs are most probably hunting for the necklace off Ramstein, and if you state that the chest is reserved, the chance that someone who actually needs the chest joins is very very low.

Setting masterlooter on Baron is not going to make you very popular due to the other great things that he can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    I have now been reserving items in my stratholme runs, the chest from baron himself, and when we get there I put on ML to ensure that I get it (hence why I reserved). I have seen many other people do the same thing, but people tend to get mad.

"You will ninja the mount"
    "You will ninja my cape" - I'm a druid

How do f*** do I solve this? I'm a resto druid who is tanking it so I can get that chest and I have been in 15 runs this far, and seen the cape drop several times and given it to appropriate players. I know that i'm not ninjaing but I also know that perception > reality, but I can't blame them I would be suspicious myself, any suggestions? Maybe I am even wrong and should let it be grp loot and HOPE that people pass. I am even upfront with it, as I tell people after Ramstein that I will put on ML to ensure my treasure, should I just change to ML just before baron dies?
    reserving an item *with the exception of class specific* is dumb imho. Joining a guild run in MC knowing the bindings/certain weapon are on reserve is a whole nother matter though.

Ppl are right though, bring friends or guildees. Otherwise, it would be a bad idea to reserve an item on a pug run/dungeon finder.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    This.

So glad I don't play classic anymore and don't have to deal with people like OP.

ML before boss with a mount drop?
    no shit people aren't happy

i wouldn't join such a group, no way
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Things that were fixed with personal loot. Classic is like a demo version of WoW

To be honest I wouldnt join a run to Baron with Master Loot, I joined many others groups like, rogues reserving some weapon or trinket or other bs while i played a Cloth.
    But Baron with a chance for the mount ? Hell no

Get a guild / friends and ask them for help.

TRUST NOONE.

Make it clear from the start that you are reserving something and you're good. If they don't wanna come then - too bad, find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Your sentence didn't make sense, sorry if English isn't your first language. But whatever, ninja-looting is the problem with trusting one person to be the ML. You can't say everything is OK "except for ninja-looting".
    It wasn't phrased in the best way possible, but it's still rather understandable. The point is that if you join a group with reserves, then it means you accept that what has been announced as reserved is reserved. It doesn't mean you accept ninja-looting anymore than in a normal group when some asshole need an item that he shouldn't.
    And in fact, in a ML group it means there is only one guy you need to be wary instead of four, and his responsibility is much more on the line.
    So no, overall ML groups with reserves don't have higher proportions of ninja-looting, they even probably have lower ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This.

So glad I don't play classic anymore and don't have to deal with people like OP.
    Now you only need to stop posting here so we don't have to deal with people like you.

Doesnt matter who have it bigger. Mine is big enough.

If you seen 100x just mean you played in a server full of useless players who cant get their s...t done.

Doesnt change the fact that reserving items is retarded. Running a dungeon with people that cant loot stuff its just selfish and dumb.

Do the right thing and invite people that dont need the loot.
    Have you played this game at all? Guilds do that all the time ( reserve one item or two ), they did that especially in Vanilla. I have been in runs where guilds would reserve one item only and give EVERYTHING else to the players that are not from the guild, if 6 items dropped and you ( a single player ) needed then you would get them. No questions asked. So i dont see a problem in reserving one item. Also if you don't like it feel free to leave or not join.

They can loot items, they just can't loot one specific items, one that is reserved. If they are fine with that, good for them.

If you set the rules upfront and told them Item <name> from boss <name> is reserved, everything else is on roll, then i dont see a problem at all.
    Last edited by markos82; 2019-11-19 at 07:35 PM.

I wouldn't join a pug or waste my time in a group where someone is going to ML Baron's loot. Especially since you do it once people are there running the dungeon instead of informing them from the start. That just screams sketchy.

I personally don't care how much you promised to be fair. It's your group, ofc, but I'm not gonna set myself up to see a rare mount get ninja'd.