Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    But they would have also been stone then. The Primals are the reason they became flesh instead of continuing to be rock.
    The spores from the dying Botaan, the final of the three major Sporemounds, caused the degeneration of the Magnaron into part-flesh and part-stone giants (then further into Gronn and Ogron). The Breakers, as a faction, are composed of the Magnaron, the Gronn, and the Ogron - with the Ogres and Orcs considered their own peoples separate from the Breakers, and who sometimes enslave the individual Breaker for their purposes when in sufficient numbers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The spores from the dying Botaan, the final of the three major Sporemounds, caused the degeneration of the Magnaron into part-flesh and part-stone giants (then further into Gronn and Ogron). The Breakers, as a faction, are composed of the Magnaron, the Gronn, and the Ogron - with the Ogres and Orcs considered their own peoples separate from the Breakers, and who sometimes enslave the individual Breaker for their purposes when in sufficient numbers.
    The degeneration actually started with the Magnaron (not sure if all but definitely some) so after Magnaron it was fleshies all the way down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if they would be outright eradicated, but it would be interesting if they became a permanent fixture in some regions of Azeroth and had to be managed.

Sounds like a cool premise for an event or zone. Elemental Invasion 2.0 or something.

I don't think the Breakers and Primals we see in WoD are anywhere near the dangers they were in Draenor's prehistory. Given that the corrupted Orcs of the Old Horde annihilated both the Breakers and the Primals in the period before the opening of the Dark Portal (hence why they're not present on Outland) it seems probable that the Azerothians would make short work of them.

Fear of the Primal breaking through in the Everbloom instance seems a bit overblown, and the Primal Yalnu is stopped by a handful of Kirin Tor mages and a party of adventurers pretty decisively.
    I think the Primals could somehow still find a way to grow and become a massive threat. There has to be a reason why the Kirin Tor were afraid that they'll get a foothold on Azeroth. The main reason why the Primals never became a huge threat in WoD was because the Breakers are constantly warring with them keeping each other at bay. The combination of spreading fast, creating lifeforms out of plant based materials, and creating people through parasites should make them a huge threat without the Breakers disturbing them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we're the forces of azeroth, we beat whatever is put in front of us.

now, what would be interesting, is seeing the full might of the primals vs. the scourge at its absolute peak. life vs. death on the largest possible scale.
    That's a scenario I also find interesting and one I would like to see happen. Have the Primals take over one of the continents on Azeroth then war with the Scourge. Not sure if the Primals has the means to travel through water so maybe if the two continents connects somehow. Unless you meant the Primals with the 4 Sporemound then it'll be a stomp in the latter's flavor since they were basically the Draenor version of the Prime Old Gods on Azeroth.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Breaker invasion was just enough to burn Stormwind to the ground. It took entire Alliance of Lordaeron to defeat them.
    ..... What are you even on about?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'm sur Yrel will perform a plot no jutsu and light crusade them all under heel
    She might actually be a lot stronger than we thought. She managed to rally the people on her world under one banner and has no competitions anymore. I'll say she's easily the strongest paladin by far in the lore.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ..... What are you even on about?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The degeneration actually started with the Magnaron (not sure if all but definitely some) so after Magnaron it was fleshies all the way down.
    Portions of the Magnaron were weakened, yes - but their construction is still solid and molten stone, with flesh only being a slight covering in places. The Gronn and Ogron are in turn mostly flesh with some stone connected to their flesh in the form of plates or horns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I think the Primals could somehow still find a way to grow and become a massive threat. There has to be a reason why the Kirin Tor were afraid that they'll get a foothold on Azeroth. The main reason why the Primals never became a huge threat in WoD was because the Breakers are constantly warring with them keeping each other at bay. The combination of spreading fast, creating lifeforms out of plant based materials, and creating people through parasites should make them a huge threat without the Breakers disturbing them.
    The Primals would certainly be a threat, but not an apocalyptic one - and I think Lady Baihu of the Kirin Tor was overselling the threat a bit to motivate the adventurers to kill Yalnu before it could attack Stormwind proper. The flora and fauna of Azeroth are also protected in a way that the wilds of Draenor were not, by the Emerald Dragonflight as well as the Cenarion Circle (and the Earthen Ring to a lesser degree). All of these august groups would oppose any marauding Primals swiftly and likely decisively.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    What does the invasion of the Old Horde have to do with the Breakers? Orcs aren't considered a part of the Breakers

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Easily.

I mean come on, we’ll beat anything and everything thrown at us. Rock and plant bois mean fuckall to Titanslayers.

What does the invasion of the Old Horde have to do with the Breakers? Orcs aren't considered a part of the Breakers
    They are descendants of Grond, breakers.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'd say never if this was WoD...

But we just 1 shot N'zoth. So, yes. We would. With fucking ease.
    I don't know John, our Heroes may have the skills and experience to beat extremely powerful beings but we're still not invincible in the lore. So if one lucky low tier minion managed to land a hit then you'll see our Hero'es head rolling across the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Ogres and Orcs aren't considered to be among the Breakers, having grown too distant from their Elemental roots. Just like a Human in WoW wouldn't be considered Titanforged, they're too many branches down from the original Titanforged Iron Vrykul who became the organic Vrykul, who then gave birth to the first Humans.

I don't know John, our Heroes may have the skills and experience to beat extremely powerful beings but we're still not invincible in the lore. So if one lucky low tier minion managed to land a hit then you'll see our Hero'es head rolling across the ground.
    1. Name's not John.

And 2. Gameplay is =/= Lore. Lorewise, no one would be able to actually hit us.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Breakers There, was that hard?

This just reminds me, didn't lorewise we "die" at Icecrown? When I think of it, we're all playing a unit in WC4 in the eyes of Blizzard. I wouldn't put it passed them that we are the "remains" of a much bigger raid the story is attempting to tell.

But all this talk about the Breakers and Primals had me thinking. Since the Mag'har recruitment talks of Yrel and her crusade, makes me wonder if she left the planet after it has been "drained" as Grommash declared she was doing. With the time moving faster for AU, would it be out of the ordinary to suspect not all life was drained and eventually picked back up over this speed up timeframe? Thus making them powerful enough for an invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    This just reminds me, didn't lorewise we "die" at Icecrown? When I think of it, we're all playing a unit in WC4 in the eyes of Blizzard. I wouldn't put it passed them that we are the "remains" of a much bigger raid the story is attempting to tell.

But all this talk about the Breakers and Primals had me thinking. Since the Mag'har recruitment talks of Yrel and her crusade, makes me wonder if she left the planet after it has been "drained" as Grommash declared she was doing. With the time moving faster for AU, would it be out of the ordinary to suspect not all life was drained and eventually picked back up over this speed up timeframe? Thus making them powerful enough for an invasion?
    My prediction is we'll learn eventually either in the Shadowlands or in a later expansion that we are indeed special. We died numerous times in the actual lore and came back stronger and stronger. With the Spirit Healer being a Kyrian, us dying while adventuring might not be totally out of place either. It seems Shadowlands is gonna show us that dying isn't a big deal when someone in the afterlife can bring you back to the living in a heartbeat.

What happen if the Scourge decides to investigate later on?
    Scourge is overrated

The Ogres and Orcs aren't considered to be among the Breakers, having grown too distant from their Elemental roots. Just like a Human in WoW wouldn't be considered Titanforged, they're too many branches down from the original Titanforged Iron Vrykul who became the organic Vrykul, who then gave birth to the first Humans.
    Humans are said to be powerful mages due to being titanic descendants and orcs have the same abilities but also more elemental affinity.

- - - Updated - - -

I read it before.
    They are the children of Grond, the great giant crafted by the titan Aggramar to battle the Evergrowth. The colossals are fragments of Grond that broke off and gained a life of their own, and the magnaron likewise broke off the colossals. Spores infused with the Spirit of Life that released from Botaan on its death transformed some magnaron into gronn, and further into ogron, ogres, and orcs.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Scourge is overrated
    Yes. They are inferior to Legion or N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Humans are said to be powerful mages due to being titanic descendants and orcs have the same abilities but also more elemental affinity.
    That's true, but it doesn't make the Humans Titanforged, nor the Orcs Breakers. Both of those organizations, such as they are, contain only a certain subset of entities.