Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Need Warsong Gulch now

I realize people will get tired of WSG, but alot of servers are so unbalanced that world pvp is pointless in its current format. Running back and forth between southshore and tarren mill mounted up to reset guards is also not at all fun. Feels like allaince on my server completly stopped leveling/grinding, so there really isnt much things to do.

Either unlock WSG early or make it possible to faction change(preferably with a lock to change to the opposing dominating faction)

10+ Year Old Account
    We waited so many years for Classic, don't ask Blizzard to rush stuff.

Also, it would be cool to let people change from the dominating faction to the lower one only, otherwise people will just run away from Alliance @Pvp Servers.
    It is time to let us use paid server transfers as well. I got a few friends that will love to migrate to my server <( º|º )>
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braus View Post
    Running back and forth between southshore and tarren mill mounted up to reset guards is also not at all fun
    Huh. It's almost as if what was fun 15 years ago, isn't as fun nowadays, knowing what else is / could be available.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

You think you do but you don't. BGs gonna be nothing but premades farming your sorry ass for hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    We waited so many years for Classic, don't ask Blizzard to rush stuff.

Also, it would be cool to let people change from the dominating faction to the lower one only, otherwise people will just run away from Alliance @Pvp Servers.
    It is time to let us use paid server transfers as well. I got a few friends that will love to migrate to my server <( º|º )>
    My guild came from pserver as Alliance even though most been horde in retail/classic almost all swapped between factions including pservers.

We would have no issues to go Alliance again if BLZ stopped being cheap cunts in Activision leash. BLZ always offer it when it is too late already. I already have main, gold grinder 60 alt, summoning 20 lock alt for World bosses a.k.a. wpvp.
    Not to mention bank alt for each of these: herbs, engi mats, pots n elixirs, iron grenades & sappers, AH. I'm not going to migrate Alliance unless I can get most of that with me.

Sad as hell, would love Escape Artist on my warrior.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

We knew this would happen, I haven't stepped outside in the world without a group of 10+ players ever since honor was added. Prices on herbs, ores and other materials has over doubled since last week because the realm I play on is so unbalanced. My guild tried for 2-3 days to make small pvp groups to fight other small skrimish groups around the world but if we stay in a location for more than 10 minutes we get swarmed with over 40 Horde people. To make it worse people with multiple accounts are tracking us by having level 1 alts on alliance and just figuring out which zone we're in, the guy even whispered us that they're doing it...
    I like pvp, a lot, but as it currently is on my realm with 4-5 times as many horde as alliance it's unplayable and we need BGs asap.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Huh. It's almost as if what was fun 15 years ago, isn't as fun nowadays, knowing what else is / could be available.
    /thread

Honestly people in Classic should be happy they're even getting phase 2 as early as they did. You all get to wait and enjoy the monotonous grind. After all... #NOCHANGES!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for me to finish leveling my alt first.

Honor system has been in for what, 72 fuckin' hours.

Nothing has to be done for at least a week.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-11-18 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If it won't stop this week, Blizzard will most likely intervene.

PvP Servers are basically unplayable in high level zones, if this won't stop soon, the community will consume itself because no one but the PvP gankers are able to play.

Bear in mind, the PvP system without Bg's only existed two months back then.
    Two months from now falls into the middle of 8.3 release, which will not happen because Blizzard said they will stagger releases, between classic and retail.

So my guess, Bg's (perhaps even BWL) will hit by december, just before holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a person who only started playing classic a week and a half ago, I can say that leveling has been pretty rough over the weekend. BUT! I'm sticking it out. Yeah, i'm getting ganked in the most cowardly ways. Yeah, it is annoying to have to run back to my body every 10 minutes. But i've hit level 28, and now I can basically spend all my time in dungeons to level. In time, the wpvp scene will die down a bit, and it won't be nearly as bad as it currently is.

Funny story. Most the time when I see someone charging at me on their mount, I just /sigh at them, and let them kill me. No point in fighting back against someone who will Resist all of my attacks, and have 3x the health as me. However yesterday I was in Duskwood AoE grinding. It was better than Hillsbrad farms, for a while at least. A Pali who was my level would wait till I had 6 skele's in my AoE, and my health was down to around 20% before attacking me. Quite a bitch ass move, but it is what it is. Well, I got tired after this happening twice, so I Sheep'd him and ran. He decided to chase me all the way to Westfall lol. I got to the otherside of the bridge and hid for a sec to recover my health and mana. Afterward, I met him face to face on the bridge between the zones. Try as he might, I rocked him down to 10%. At this point, HE RAN LIKE A BITCH! That was the last time I saw him in that spot lol.

It was quite encouraging. Most the time when someone tries to gank me, i'll either just take it, or if they are in my level range, I sheep and run till they give up chasing me. But having the chance to fight back, and totally owning them felt great. It made me more excited to to get to level 60 and get geared up. Once I do, I'm going to have a lot of fun on this PvP server.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    We knew this would happen, I haven't stepped outside in the world without a group of 10+ players ever since honor was added. Prices on herbs, ores and other materials has over doubled since last week because the realm I play on is so unbalanced. My guild tried for 2-3 days to make small pvp groups to fight other small skrimish groups around the world but if we stay in a location for more than 10 minutes we get swarmed with over 40 Horde people. To make it worse people with multiple accounts are tracking us by having level 1 alts on alliance and just figuring out which zone we're in, the guy even whispered us that they're doing it...
    I like pvp, a lot, but as it currently is on my realm with 4-5 times as many horde as alliance it's unplayable and we need BGs asap.
    It’s the same on my server, however bgs probably won’t solve the problem as horde will most likely have a rather steep queue time.

You should have predicted this months ago. Try making an alt on a pve server.

My only suggestion would be contrary to #nochanges, but having separate login queues for Alliance and Horde on pvp servers would solve the world pvp problem. It would, however, enflame even more horde players as they'd go from 2 hour to 4 hour queues to logon.

It would, however, incentivize them to transfer to the newer realms to even out populations.

No rush on WSG. Once WSG / AV show up, world pvp will become a really small focus. this is a brief window of unregulated warfare...sucks to be alliance, but only for a few weeks/months at most.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    wPvP was an accident the first time and it is beyond me they want to just roll with it as if it wasn't and as if vanilla had pvp and pve servers. Oh well. Everyone knew this was coming. For better or worse and why non-wpvp-servers exist. Stuff like this is what drove pvp-server faction-imbalance in the first place. It'll be interesting to hear how servers balance and rebalance from this point on.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braus View Post
    I realize people will get tired of WSG, but alot of servers are so unbalanced that world pvp is pointless in its current format. Running back and forth between southshore and tarren mill mounted up to reset guards is also not at all fun. Feels like allaince on my server completly stopped leveling/grinding, so there really isnt much things to do.

Either unlock WSG early or make it possible to faction change(preferably with a lock to change to the opposing dominating faction)
    You do realize that BGs in vanilla were not cross realm, right? That means the population imbalance you see in the world will show itself in BGs as well and ON TOP OF THAT you'll enjoy a glorious queue that feels like forever before every BG.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    You do realize that BGs in vanilla were not cross realm, right? That means the population imbalance you see in the world will show itself in BGs as well and ON TOP OF THAT you'll enjoy a glorious queue that feels like forever before every BG.
    They were cross realm by end of vanilla and are confirmed crossrealm in classic. Not sure if battlegroups, or if server types are grouped (pvp with other pvp servers, etc) but they will be crossrealm. If pvp servers are mixed with only pvp servers, horde will still have high q times. If they can cross realm with pve, it wont be nearly as high but still wont be instant like ally will get.

In a year or 2 "classic forums : when is LFD coming out i miss been able to sit in town and just que like back in my day"
    LMAO XD KEKW etc random twitch chat emotes .

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    They were cross realm by end of vanilla and are confirmed crossrealm in classic. Not sure if battlegroups, or if server types are grouped (pvp with other pvp servers, etc) but they will be crossrealm. If pvp servers are mixed with only pvp servers, horde will still have high q times. If they can cross realm with pve, it wont be nearly as high but still wont be instant like ally will get.
    Oh well that's a good thing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Oh well that's a good thing at least.
    As an ally on one of the only pvp servers that is ally dominated, I'm getting the best of both worlds and it feels good.