Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Ruchia

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...anges-blizzard

Can't even count here and blizzard forums about this.

We don't want fancy new graphics or bouncy character models that look out of place, we want Vanilla wow, as it was, in patch 1.12, that is all.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    I know what i wanted. I wanted vanilla and if blizz would add tbc to it or decide to basically make a fork and continue on that. I would play this game.

I know many people who have the same opinion as I do. So when you say "people wanted vanilla" maybe you're just assuming too much ?
    Assuming? Who is assuming anything? I'm giving you facts. The same people that made classic happening, didn't want changes. If you know what you want, i guess that's normal? I mean, you are you? I don't even know you to tell what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    @Ruchia

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...anges-blizzard

Can't even count here and blizzard forums about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming? Who is assuming anything? I'm giving you facts. The same people that made classic happening, didn't want changes. If you know what you want, i guess that's normal? I mean, you are you? I don't even know you to tell what you want.
    Yea sure i see the opening post and then people discussing it.

I wouldn't mind having "some" QOL changes. But defo no flying mounts as that killed world pvp, which is why i rolled on a pvp server. transmog? nope. Same for ilevel and archievements and all the bullshit that came later

Yea sure i see the opening post and then people discussing it.

I wouldn't mind having "some" QOL changes. But defo no flying mounts as that killed world pvp, which is why i rolled on a pvp server. transmog? nope. Same for ilevel and archievements and all the bullshit that came later
    The BS that came later on vanilla, was called "TBC" expansion.
    If people want classic+, then blizzard needs to make TBC. I doubt quite frankly they will give more content, i remember even Ion saying this, him, HIMSELF, said he doesn't want to do much changes (even at blizzcon) because classic is supposed to be more like vanilla. I guess they already added some stuff like honor, that as far as i remember wasn't on vanilla, but i'm not sure.

If you want transmog and all that crap, go play retail.

The BS that came later on vanilla, was called "TBC" expansion.
    If people want classic+, then blizzard needs to make TBC. I doubt quite frankly they will give more content, i remember even Ion saying this, him, HIMSELF, said he doesn't want to do much changes (even at blizzcon) because classic is supposed to be more like vanilla. I guess they already added some stuff like honor, that as far as i remember wasn't on vanilla, but i'm not sure.
    Yup I know all of this. And I know the chances of having a fork are second to none. But hey, one can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Classic+ was called The Burning Crusade...

Although I admit an independent Classic+ going in an entirely different direction lorewise and gamewise would be nice.
    Perhaps adding High elves to the Alliance at last, staying true to the Warcraft 3 lore, etc.

Then again, I don't have faith in the modern Blizzard to carry on the spirit of Vanilla wow.
    This right here, with the original developers that really knew how to make the game correctly I would love to see a Classic+ but the current developers are not anywhere close to the level it would take to design it well.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

We want an alternate reality version of wow
    That was called Warlords of Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    That was called Warlords of Draenor
    sadly it wasn't an alternative version but the real follow up

Yup I know all of this. And I know the chances of having a fork are second to none. But hey, one can hope.
    Not saying you can't. I dream out many times about additions to game (on retail tho). Just stating those facts. And i personally would love to have wotlk expansion playable how classic is right now. I would like to get to a point, that all the old expansions would appear on bnet "version" with "PLAY" button available. More like, legacy playable games. Instead of easy old on retail. Like timewalkings but full expansion, not just for some dungeons + 1 raid (ulduar/BT)

I want to see:

IN DEVELOPMENT

PTR: World of Warcraft
    ------------------------
    LIVE
    Legacy:
    • World of Warcraft: Classic
    • World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    • World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    • World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    • World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    • World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
    • World of Warcraft: Legion
    Retail:
    • World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-18 at 06:51 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Classic+ was called The Burning Crusade...

Although I admit an independent Classic+ going in an entirely different direction lorewise and gamewise would be nice.
    Perhaps adding High elves to the Alliance at last, staying true to the Warcraft 3 lore, etc.

Then again, I don't have faith in the modern Blizzard to carry on the spirit of Vanilla wow.
    Would it?

We automatically assume it would be better than what we already got. There's literally no guarantee of that happening.

In Vanilla High elves were part of the Alliance though, and Blood elves were actually neutral/Illidari.
    A Classic+ would build upon vanilla, not retcon it.

Blood elves in the Horde never made sense, and was a forced thing back in TBC. The High elves in Vanilla are Alliance, and the High elves had very very bad blood with the Horde. Furthermore, the Blood elves actually being on Azeroth outside of a few individuals was a retcon, according to Vanilla lore, Quel'thalas had been almost entirely destroyed with it's entire population slain. Blood elves were in Outland with Illidan.
    You do know that what happens in outland starts during Wc3 right?
    You keep contradicting your self.

High elfs are blood elfs one just has affinity to chaos magic/magic and are just junkies.
    They are the same race.
    The same way now void elfs are high elfs/belfs just addicted to void stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    You do know that what happens in outland starts during Wc3 right?
    You keep contradicting your self.

High elfs are blood elfs one just has affinity to chaos magic/magic and are just junkies.
    They are the same race.
    The same way now void elfs are high elfs/belfs just addicted to void stuff.
    Ye, basically elves are always junkies with something xD

Yea, who wouldn't want a surefire way to scatter the entire playerbase and just destroy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    People asking for Classic + but have no idea what they are getting. You do know you will be getting new content from todays WoW dev team? You know the people for whose game you all left to go play classic for.

You are already reserving your enjoyment despite having no idea what this Classic+ entails... It boggles me why people want Classic+? Everyone seems to want different things when they talk about it.

"Classic+ is this"
    "Thats not it Classic+ this is"
    "You are both wrong, Classic+ is this"
    *heated argument ensues"

If you have no idea what Classic+ should be then how should Blizzard know?

I want to see:

IN DEVELOPMENT

PTR: World of Warcraft
    ------------------------
    LIVE
    Legacy:
    • World of Warcraft: Classic
    • World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    • World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    • World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    • World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    • World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
    • World of Warcraft: Legion
    Retail:
    • World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Back in vanilla this is how I thought expansions were going to work, I honestly thought each expansion was going to be optional or progressive. And it should honestly be so. Sucks that this was not that cased as we were forced forward and not given the option.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-18 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Back in vanilla this is how I thought expansions were going to work, I honestly thought each expansion was going to be optional or progressive. And it should honestly be so. Sucks that this was not that cased as we were forced forward and not given the option.
    I thought aswell. But i still would like to have legacy expansions playable. I don't mind not having new content. I would like to be on that expansion while retail is on, and has new stuff, rather than just getting rid of everything and never be able to use it again.
    Legacy could be there just like private servers are there on the expansions. People still play on those.

Let's say you bring a friend to the game for the first time even. And you don't like new expansion or neither of you. You can just go legacy expansions and have fun there. That person would then experience the legacy expansions as we did.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-18 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    When if/they release BC for classic you could possibly get your prechain/raid attunement depending on what version of BC they release.
    This is what you had to do:

*SICK IMAGE OF REQUIREMENTS*
    not gonna lie, this looks f***ing awesome. Though I can understand that it is lame to do this a second time for your alt

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    In Warcraft 3, most of the high elves left the alliance though, and became the blood elves. So they are already playable in WoW horde side.
    High Elves to Alliance and Ogres to horde. What people have been asking for, for over a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People asking for Classic + but have no idea what they are getting. You do know you will be getting new content from todays WoW dev team? You know the people for whose game you all left to go play classic for.

You are already reserving your enjoyment despite having no idea what this Classic+ entails... It boggles me why people want Classic+? Everyone seems to want different things when they talk about it.

"Classic+ is this"
    "Thats not it Classic+ this is"
    "You are both wrong, Classic+ is this"
    *heated argument ensues"

If you have no idea what Classic+ should be then how should Blizzard know?

I thought so too. Glad I wasn't the only one.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "It worked for Runescape" is the weakest argument you can present in favor of Classic+. Runescape and WoW's similarities begin and end with the fact that they're both MMOs. Runescape appeals to an entirely different demographic. (It's a fucking browser game.) What works for Runescape will not work for WoW.
    And your argument is even weaker TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugumo View Post
    And your argument is even weaker TBH.
    Brilliant take down. I especially liked the part where you provided support for your argument with rational, well thought-out conjecture.

Classic +, no!

TBC, sure.