Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is Bolvar A Deathknight Still ?

I am not sure if its been asked before....But what is Bolvar now that he doesn't have the powers of the Lich King ? Is he still a Deathknight ?

yes he is asdasda

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If he was raised by arthas then most Likely if he never actually died and Is just in a state between life and death from the dragon fire then probably not.

Can’t say I remember if they ever said which.

Quote Originally Posted by Isnot View Post
    I am not sure if its been asked before....But what is Bolvar now that he doesn't have the powers of the Lich King ? Is he still a Deathknight ?
    No helm of domination. No frostmourne. I’m going with no, just a pally that tried to help out controlling the scourge. He filled the role while needed.

Was he ever? Unlike Arthas, he never picked up Frostmourne which from the book can be interpeted as Arthas dying and turning undead. He was "just" a Paladin who was trying to keep control of the Scourge.

Bolvar was never a deathknight.

Bolvar went being being a wall ornament above the frozen throne to wearing the helm of domination in about 2 minutes. He was never a DK.

He isn't undead but he possesses some knowledge on necromancy. I would say he is living necromancer with mace.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    He was never a Death Knight, so no.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    He's gonna be the reason why Death Knights are getting a fire-related ability in Shadowlands I'm guessing, or at the very least a glyph to change some frost skills into fire or something.

he was never a deathknight, the helm is what grants any necromancer powers he has
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Bolvar had death magic flowing directly through him for a decade, he is most definitely a Death Knight by now or some kind of mixed class.

You don't have that kind of power flowing through you and not be changed forever by it.

He was never a DK.
    Even in the cinematic you can see after the helm is shattered he goes back to his original charred state.

That's what I was thinking. I get he was never a Deathknight before. But still you would think he would retain some sort of knowledge and abilities from all that time wearing the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Bolvar had death magic flowing directly through him for a decade, he is most definitely a Death Knight by now or some kind of mixed class.

You don't have that kind of power flowing through you and not be changed forever by it.
    New class: Deathaladin?

Fire Paladin!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    New class: Deathaladin?
    Ah damn, you beat me to it.

As almost anybody else has said: No, Bolvar never was a Deathknight.

That means that in SL he will obviously be the most prominent Deathknight on Azeroth for Blizzard, leading all their lore. Because that is how they roll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

That doesn't necessarily make you a Death Knight though, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    As almost anybody else has said: No, Bolvar never was a Deathknight.

That means that in SL he will obviously be the most prominent Deathknight on Azeroth for Blizzard, leading all their lore. Because that is how they roll now.
    So... what is Highlord Darion Mograine, chopped liver?