Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    I'm skeptical about Gul'dan and Varian being in the maw. With Varian, the fel magic from Gul'dan could've obliterated his soul. With Gul'dan, Sargeras or Kil'jaeden could've taken his soul to torture for failure, something similar could be applied to Varian and everyone else who died on the Broken Shore. The Legion used souls as fuel and they didn't seem to be curious as to why they couldn't harvest any souls here so im assuming they were having no trouble at preventing souls from entering the maw.

We also see Tirion's soul become one with the light when he dies, so I doubt that he is in the shadowlands.
    Unless they retconn it, it can be assumed that Kil'jaeden had the ability to interact with the Shadowlands in some ways. He was able to capture Ner'zuhl's soul, torture it and put it in an armor that he, or his Dreadlords, stole from Maldraxxus along with Frostmourne (which btw is also a retcon of the Frozen Throne).

So many questions about Shadowlands so far, mostly out of inconsistencies with previously established lore and in-game facts. I like the concept of Shadowlands, but at the same time I'm afraid I'll be left disappointed and hating it (just as I did with WoD's time travel AU crap) for all the retcons they'll need to do if they want to make sense of it all. Or they might just leave it unexplained or unfinished like so many potentially awesome lore threads before...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    She didn't help us, did she? I don't remember much, but wasn't her spirit just... hanging out there after Xavius was killed?
    Something called Dream of Ysera appears in the Rift of Aln to help us against Xavius. She flies above the arena in circles, so it's hard to spot her when you'r focused on Xavius' knees.

Then, after he's defeated, she appears in humanoid form walking towards the source of the Emerald Nightmare.

We don't know the nature of what Elune did to her spirit once her died, or what is the Dream of Ysera, or the relationship between the Emerald Dream and Ardenweald, so it's kinda hard to use this as a true basis for the time frame of Shadowland's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Don't let Arthas's fanbase hear you say that! lol
    No worries , Arthas will be left to be the new jailor once we are through with him.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Wait Tyrion, Varian, and Saurfang in the Maw lol? They'll be somewhere in the Shadowlands for sure but the Maw is reserved for the most evil and sick criminals across the entire Cosmos. Unless Tyrion, Varian, and Saurfang actually did a lot of extremely sick stuff when out of public view like being a serial killer, rapists, etc.
    oO people who would not normally go there after they die are ending up there to power the Jailer or whatever he is planning to do.

Since it's confirmed that they'll be in the Maw as said by the TC then that can only mean they all have done some extremely sick and nasty stuff during their private times. Human sacrifices, being a sex offender, torture chambers, etc. Maybe a future novel going deeper into these character's private lives.
    No - death is "broke" and all souls are going straight to The Maw. What you're describing is how it should work, but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I'll just quote yourself:

If Ysera's soul entered the Shadowlands but appeared outside it, it means it didn't went to the Maw (none escapes THE MAW!), and as such the "Machine of Death" wasn't broken when she died.

And since she's a Dragon and not a Wild God, she doesn't get to reincarnate in the Emerald Dream like Cenarius, Aviana or even the Loa.
    I hold you responsible for the fact that i'm now imagining the Jailer as Judge D(r)ead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    All teldrassil victims. What a shame.
    Night elves just can't catch a break. I guess Draenei were the punching bags for all cosmic shit for too long, so Blizzard is switching it up.

Something called Dream of Ysera appears in the Rift of Aln to help us against Xavius. She flies above the arena in circles, so it's hard to spot her when you'r focused on Xavius' knees.

Then, after he's defeated, she appears in humanoid form walking towards the source of the Emerald Nightmare.

We don't know the nature of what Elune did to her spirit once her died, or what is the Dream of Ysera, or the relationship between the Emerald Dream and Ardenweald, so it's kinda hard to use this as a true basis for the time frame of Shadowland's problem.
    Thank you! I completely forgot about that mechanic :P I just remembered her hanging out in the restored dream.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    do we have confirmation on when the Jailer started siphoning souls? because if that started right after Sylvanas killed herself and was resurrected then everything post Wrath could have been part of her plan.
    That's the question we're waiting on an answer for and what I'm speculating on with this thread. My assumption is that the machinery of death has been broken since at least Broken Shore as they've stated the retreat by Sylvanas was planned. It was a way for her to manipulate her way into becoming the warchief.

The other question is when we go into Shadowlands they are saying that lore-heroes go in with us and they don't get out of the Maw. Only we do, so which characters will those be?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    They don't like you either.....no really chances are they don't like you...they are xenophobic
    no im just horde
    yeast

10+ Year Old Account
    this whole list is dependent of "WHEN" this whole "The Machine is Broken" shit started.

Will Admiral Taylor be there chugging beer with Maraad? Is there one Shadowlands per "Universe" or is it all one like the ass-pull Blizzard did for Demons and why Archimonde can come through the portal in AU Draenor? What about Normal Universe people that died on AU Draenor? Again back to Admiral Taylor and Maraad?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Wilfred Fizzlebang
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    this whole list is dependent of "WHEN" this whole "The Machine is Broken" shit started.

Will Admiral Taylor be there chugging beer with Maraad? Is there one Shadowlands per "Universe" or is it all one like the ass-pull Blizzard did for Demons and why Archimonde can come through the portal in AU Draenor? What about Normal Universe people that died on AU Draenor? Again back to Admiral Taylor and Maraad?
    My guess is there is probably one Shadowlands across the multiverse. And it's possible for the dead characters in this reality to meet their other reality's dead selves assuming they are both within the same section of the Shadowlands that is. For example Garrosh was actually the greatest Warchief in many other realities so those Garrosh won't be in the Maw while the one from our reality will.

And say Gul'dan whose most likely evil in all realities. I'll say it might still be hard for them to meet with each other in the Maw because all the different Gul'dans would be getting punished and harassed in different colors. But it's also possible they'll get locked in the same room. We'll see soon after.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

There are a few problems with Admiral Taylor:
    1) He's a garrison follower. So clearly never made it.
    2) He died in a ritual put on by a member of the Cult of the Damned, which very well means he was severed from the mortal coil by whatever magic the LK uses.
    3) He died on AU Draenor so we don't really know how things shake out.

Which brings up another thing; so in another thread I stated that when Sylvanas says "an ursurper sits on the throne" she's talking about the Throne of the Jailer of the Damned in the Maw. Not that of the LK.

Basically the Helm of Dominion gives whomever occupies the Frozen Throne (or more specific whomever wears it) the power to transcend the veil and pull out whatever they'd like. Whether it be souls - current generation Death Knights - or even creatures like the various critters from Maldraxxus. Which it can then bend to the will of the helm.

Basically my thought is that the Helm is a shard of the power of the Jailer and the Lich King is able to act as an intercessor. In other words Ner'Zhul, Arthas and Bolvar have all in various times thrown a wrench into the works of the afterlife and stepped on the toes of the jailer. So the deal that the jailer has made with Sylvanas is basically one to say that if his power was stolen then all bets are off and he can do whatever he wants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Like the OP pointed out it all depends on when shut hit the fan. They SHOULD be in Bastion but are LIKELY. In the Maw
    To be fair, I think Varian's a more Maldraxxus guy with his warlike personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I hope we save Varian, Tirion and all Night Elves that died during the war of thorns. Saurfang can rot there for all eternity, it's not like he doesn't deserve it.
    Varians death was the most epic death in wow. Let him stay dead
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Crusader Bridenbrad.

I'm going to keep assuming this until Blizzard directly says otherwise because it's just too funny not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    To be fair, I think Varian's a more Maldraxxus guy with his warlike personality.
    That’s fair and I agree. I can never remember maldraxxus

I'll just quote yourself:

If Ysera's soul entered the Shadowlands but appeared outside it, it means it didn't went to the Maw (none escapes THE MAW!), and as such the "Machine of Death" wasn't broken when she died.

And since she's a Dragon and not a Wild God, she doesn't get to reincarnate in the Emerald Dream like Cenarius, Aviana or even the Loa.
    I'm starting to feel like there are going to be plenty of plotholes with this story.

Edit: also to be fair, we see Elune directly intervening and elevating Ysera's spirit to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Crusader Bridenbrad.

I'm going to keep assuming this until Blizzard directly says otherwise because it's just too funny not to.
    Man, I didn't even consider the implications for the Holy Light. Guess there's no "in the Light we are one" after all. lul
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-19 at 12:44 PM.

Wait Tyrion, Varian, and Saurfang in the Maw lol? They'll be somewhere in the Shadowlands for sure but the Maw is reserved for the most evil and sick criminals across the entire Cosmos. Unless Tyrion, Varian, and Saurfang actually did a lot of extremely sick stuff when out of public view like being a serial killer, rapists, etc.
    the maw's been sucking in everyone, innocent or not, since the burning of teldrassil. sylvanas killed saurfang herself, so he will definitely be there.

above everyone else, i want to see gul'dan there. the original evil bastard that's just an evil bastard, he's got to be in the maw. i hope he's like a rare or something we can kill.

i'm worried garrosh will wind up being there. he was just an orc, he should be in maldraxxus. but, orcmanbad, so he'll probably be there due to blizz's morals.

garithos will probably be there, even though i don't think he should be. i mean, i hate him for his betrayal, but that's not really enough to land someone in the maw. again, blizz's morals infecting the game world.

skovald might be there. would be a good meme character, and he seemed to be about as much of an evil piece of shit as gul'dan. though his soul might have been demonic enough to go to the nether.

deathwing might be there, but who knows if dragons go to the shadowlands or not.

can't really think of any others.