Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    lol

like 99% of Warcraft women look like supermodels, and often skimpy, but Sylvanas is by far the most popular of them all (aside from Jaina maybe), despite being undead too
    All the Warcraft woman aren't that skimpy to me. Most of them seem to be dressed property even Alexstrasza because she is a dragon not mortal so people will respect her and won't have any dirty thoughts about her.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Tyrande is nowhere near as sexualized as Sylvanas. Both her bfa and cata model has rather bulky armor, whereas Sylvanas' armor is clearly figure hugging and definitely highlights her curves.

Sylvanas used to be an interesting character but now she's just straight evil. She's like wow's Hitler, yet she still has fanboys, even among the writers (looking at you Danuser).
    She’s basically wearing cocktail dresses in all of her models including Hots. It’s barely armor, which makes sense since she’s a Priest so dress/robes are a natural choice compared to leather which is form fitting. Both her and Jaina have tops that are super snug over their chests and then flow out because they’re dresses. None of the 3 characters had super sex’d up models until Wrath/Cata then they walked that back a bit and covered up Sylv and Jaina’s midriffs.

God I forgot about Valeera. Now there’s a character whose popularity has come mostly from skimpy armor.
    Last edited by Seradi; 2019-11-18 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    lol

like 99% of Warcraft women look like supermodels, and often skimpy, but Sylvanas is by far the most popular of them all (aside from Jaina maybe), despite being undead too
    All WoW women look attractive, but Jaina and Tyrande are not very sexualized compared to some others. Sylvanas is pretty sexualized (alongside Alexstrasza), and her state of undeath has never been a flaw, because unlike other undead she is not portrayed as a rotting corpse.

Sylvanas is popular because of multiple reasons: she is physically attractive, she is evil and we all know that evil is cool, being evil is more interesting than being good according to a lot of people, and she is also arrogant and carries herself like she's very important and powerful (even when she wasn't), and that also can attract a lot of people, lastly she has a tragic past that some people sympathize with and regard her as interesting for this reason. But yeah the fact that she is sexy definitely boosts her popularity among some of her die-hard fans in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    All WoW women look attractive, but Jaina and Tyrande are not very sexualized compared to some others. Sylvanas is pretty sexualized (alongside Alexstrasza), and her state of undeath has never been a flaw, because unlike other undead she is not portrayed as a rotting corpse.

Sylvanas is popular because of multiple reasons: she is physically attractive, she is evil and we all know that evil is cool, being evil is more interesting than being good according to a lot of people, and she is also arrogant and carries herself like she's very important and powerful (even when she wasn't), and that also can attract a lot of people, lastly she has a tragic past that some people sympathize with and regard her as interesting for this reason. But yeah the fact that she is sexy definitely boosts her popularity among some of her die-hard fans in my opinion.
    Yeah, being sexy isn't all there is to her of course but it definitely helped her a lot, in the same way that Illidan being a contractually shirtless dude with chiseled abs helped him stay popular. People like sexy and/or cool-looking characters, that's hardly a secret.

Personally I'd never have made Sylvanas attractive at all. I just think there's a huge disconnect between the concept of her undeath being a curse forced upon her, while she arguably looks even hotter than in life despite possessing her own body which met a violent death and was left to rot for a while. Plus the race she used to lead was composed of rotting corpses but she gets to stay pristine because muh sex sells? Bleh. I'd much rather had her be ugly and ravaged but maybe cover it up with a mask or something, or just don't care because sex appeal has never been a part of her character despite being a huge part of her visual design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, being sexy isn't all there is to her of course but it definitely helped her a lot, in the same way that Illidan being a contractually shirtless dude with chiseled abs helped him stay popular. People like sexy and/or cool-looking characters, that's hardly a secret.

Personally I'd never have made Sylvanas attractive at all. I just think there's a huge disconnect between the concept of her undeath being a curse forced upon her, while she arguably looks even hotter than in life despite possessing her own body which met a violent death and was left to rot for a while. Plus the race she used to lead was composed of rotting corpses but she gets to stay pristine because muh sex sells? Bleh. I'd much rather had her be ugly and ravaged but maybe cover it up with a mask or something, or just don't care because sex appeal has never been a part of her character despite being a huge part of her visual design.
    Yeah I agree with you, and they really did intend to make her attractive and sexy as they purposely gave her a very sexy elf model that only a few NPCs possess, it's more curvy than a normal blood elf model and originally showed way more skin than it does now.

Sylvanas haters sexualize her way more than people that actually like her. I've said it before, and the sad proof of it is in this thread.
    change can't wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    literally? Didn't know you were one of the writers so you understand everything that is going on behind the scenes.
    Curious what makes you think someone's credentials are relevant to this. One doesn't need to be one of the writers, or even a writer, or even terribly literate at all to have an idea of what happened in the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Sylvanas haters sexualize her way more than people that actually like her. I've said it before, and the sad proof of it is in this thread.
    Oh really? What about this: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    we don't claim him
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    Yeah I agree with you, and they really did intend to make her attractive and sexy as they purposely gave her a very sexy elf model that only a few NPCs possess, it's more curvy than a normal blood elf model and originally showed way more skin than it does now.
    It also happens with cool-looking characters, mind. I doubt the Lich King would be half as popular if he didn't rock that awesome icy Darth Vader look with a big ass sword and a booming voice. Warcraft is after all straight up heroic fantasy and has not much place for subtlety, so I don't begrudge people who like sexy characters because they are sexy, the same way that I admittedly base at least some of my opinion on characters on how cool they look. I just think Sylvanas is the wrong character to have such appeal given that it completely clashes with both her personality and themes on every level.

It's just... imagine Gul'dan, right? Power-obsessed to the extreme, has no ties to anyone, doesn't give a fuck about anything but blowing things up with Fel magic and finding new and more exciting ways to blow things up with Fel magic. I think I'd have a much harder time taking him seriously if he was some sharp-dressed Orc dandy with a taste for the finer things in life, rock-hard abs, and perfectly kept, blond long hair. Same deal with Sylvanas, who was all goth and edgy and le evulz but pranced her hourglass figure around in a bikini for some reason or another. The remodel was a godsend as far as character design went, sadly after Stormheim it coincided with her becoming a comic book villain so I still can't take her seriously.

Honestly I like sylvanas. Not a fan boy, I play horde, I play undead. Idgaf what goes on around my character. My character makes decent choices ������*♂️. Sylvanas’ actions never really bothered me. Burning the world tree wasnt really that big of a deal. People can be resurrected. Wows “afterlife” already has preplanned destinations so the repercussion system for what happens in “wow living” doesnt really matter. Especially when you can: be resurrected by a healer, spirit healer, death knight, lich king, necromancer, valk, or other crap. Regrowing a tree would take a while, albeit a world tree. But hey she had a job to do with whatever pact she made. She gets people wont see her way of things so just dictates it. Is that good? Probably not. Would probably work to explain stuff, like have a sitdown with thrall. She’s one of the originals you know, at least one of the characters you grew with from warcraft 3 and on. Same with thrall, jaina, and a select group of others. Shes had a lot of growth as a character. If you dont like her then her character is affecting you either way. You’re not suppose to like everyone. And to me that seems pretty fair. Im not going to judge her actions, again, they arent a big deal. The big deal is there is a power scaling problem wow has. And space ships. The space ships ruined my immersion. I found the fantasy of the game way more enjoyable before I got nuked to death from orbit by the paraxis. What the hell was that.

So I mean, whatever she is up to, she has always used people, kept secrets, and lied. It’s in her character. Sticking true to a character is all I care about. Are they sticking to her character? I think abandoning the forsaken and doing a massive 180 from the BFa intro cinematic to trick the audience (especially to those playing forsaken) was a little much. It’s not fun if you look up to a hero (in this case “the banshee queen”) only to find out they do steroids/cheat/abandon you or something like that (metaphorically).

Anyways would it KILL the ART TEAM to make her eye shadow on the character model match her cinematic model. OH MY GOSH ITS ANNOYING.

All I got rn

we don't claim him
    Which one? There's multiple posters drooling in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

yup

its their coping

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    For every un-ironic Sylvanas sexualizer, there's ten people who scream about her big blue tits or whatever being the only reason people would like her, it is funny.

Not to mention, half the Charm of Sylvanas at this point is the posters who act as if Sylvanas showed up at their door irl and shot their dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrande is nowhere near as sexualized as Sylvanas. Both her bfa and cata model has rather bulky armor, whereas Sylvanas' armor is clearly figure hugging and definitely highlights her curves.

Sylvanas used to be an interesting character but now she's just straight evil. She's like wow's Hitler, yet she still has fanboys, even among the writers (looking at you Danuser).
    One of these characters runs around in a stripper dress and heels, and it aint Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only reason she ever got this popular is because she's a hot fuckable elf, even in undeath. If she was rotting like all other forsaken she wouldn't be nearly as popular.
    Then why isn't Tyrande nearly as popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Wow, one person (that never made a serious post, let alone a thread) vs dozens of people that react to Sylvanas in the "imma conjure a pillar of salt" fashion that bring up her attractiveness to discredit her popularity. Such a strong counterargument to what @united has said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Sylvanas at this point is wow’s most iconic character in history.
    Sorry when I think of Warcraft the first thing that does not pop into my mind is not some scantly clad corpse elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not to mention, half the Charm of Sylvanas at this point is the posters who act as if Sylvanas showed up at their door irl and shot their dog.
    What do you mean "as if"? It totally happened. And she was hired to do so by Blizzard's devs in the name of HORDE BIAS. Blizzard's devs can't have Alliance players walking around with unshot dogs after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I dont know about you guys but every Xpac or every game i liked her more and more. Hated her when she was a simple arrogant elf. When she become undead she started being wiser and cunning without yelling. In WoW she joined the horde, later warchief and she survived all the crap. To me she become more iconic character then Arthas with all respect to that character, but he didnt move forward unlike her. What do you think?
    I think that whoever is doing the writing for WoW is just bad at it. The only character worse than her in WoW lore is Garrosh. And it's a close race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I dont see her as absolute evil and ofc she made alot of crap and hope it will be somehow explained, other then that...
    No, she was not an absolute idiot. Its a bit harder to consider who is wiser and who is idiot.. i think its a bit harder then that.
    Of course not, burning Teldrassil and killing thousands of innocent civilians and kids - because a dying enemy stood up to you - to funnel their souls into the maw and make yourself more powerful are totally not the actions of a villain.

o wait
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas at this point is wow’s most iconic character in history.
    Yeah Just like Hogger