Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Man you guys really need to get over this really weird Human hate. It's one thing to argue Humans in WoW are too prominent, another thing entirely to turn everything into a Human to whine about it.
    Didn't you know? The boards are full of real life Tauren and Orcs seeking representation in-game. Blizzard are fucking racist, everything revolves around humans! Why aren't angels Tauren with wings?

7+ Year Old Account
    Bwonsamdi's Other Side must be the coolest place and only trolls are invited
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Jerk chicken and limbo for eternity!? Count me in, mon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That awkward moment when bwon turns you into human and says "trolled mon".

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Kyrians are humanoid, but they're pretty far from Human - especially given that they're spirit-beings, and take on different forms and manifestations. And Bastion isn't analogous to the concept of a "Heaven" as we often interpret it, they're all about service, discipline, and duty. It's basically the idea of service, a commitment to a cause greater than oneself, taken the Nth degree such that your very selfdom is sacrificed to the concept of dury, quite literally becoming a being that resonates with a greater concept. This would not be everyone's ideal afterlife scenario, of course. I would imagine most Tauren, a naturalistic people often in tune with the greater world, would probably more often be candidates for the Ardenweald and the Night Fae - though some would of course find themselves in Bastion, and others (like the Grimtotem) would fall closer to Maldraxxus or Revendreth (and a couple to the Maw, perhaps).

I don't think the afterlife of WoW is really about positivity and negativity in a single all-encompassing sense - it echoes life, in a number of ways, and contains both subjective good and bad in equal measure regardless of where you find yourself (except the Maw which is probably as close to an archetypal hell as you can get).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    We might even get a glimpse into WHY Titans look the way they do, if they have the same source as Kyrians (and considering all the Elune stuff it may be likely). Elune may = turning stuff humanoid (see: trolls becoming more humanoid elves with exposure to arcane).
    Primordial trolls turned to Highborne due to the energies of the Well of Eternity; though they may have worshipped Elune it was not her doing that reshaped them.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Primordial trolls turned to Highborne due to the energies of the Well of Eternity; though they may have worshipped Elune it was not her doing that reshaped them.
    They were shaped by a font of powerful arcane magic: Elune represents Light, Arcane and Nature magic.

Night Elves just double dip in her magic in a way the others don't (besides the Blood Elves, recently).

Think about the old lore that showed Humans are stupidly skilled sorcerers above anything else: this may have to do with the humanoid form being directly linked to exposure to Arcane.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-11-19 at 03:05 AM.

Well makes total sense that this is, so far, the preferred covenant for Male Human Paladins.

The souls sent to Bastion would probably appreciate such an outcome. Isn't that the entire point of the sorting system? To punt those who value the greater good over themselves in Kyrian hands? I do agree that the story should call this out as being a bit much (maybe that is Uther's job?), but let's remember that these beings dwell in the afterlife, and them having a completely different value system from the living makes sense.

And the whining about them looking too human has really reached pathetic proportions. They look about as human as Orcs or Ogres do, because yeah newsflash, most playable races are humans with a different skin color and/or a handful of token features like elven ears or troll tusks. Because the players are humans and identify far more easily with humanoid characters. That's life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's why they have you grind rep with all of them. So they can all betray you and kill you.

/s
    *cough* Klaxxi *cough*
    Here is something to believe in!

Yeah, that's why they have you grind rep with all of them. So they can all betray you and kill you.

/s
    That's never happened ever by any faction in any expansion ever.

Yup.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Jerk chicken and limbo for eternity!? Count me in, mon!
    Don't forget Reggae, he IS Jamaican after all lmaooo
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Goodness, I can't imagine why these particular writers would suggest giving up individuality in favor of a collective... a commune even... is a positive thing. If only we had some idea of how they thought.
    They've been writing that for 15 plus years, but before it was called bastion, it was called "The horde".

- - - Updated - - -

But jokes aside, sounds kinda shifty.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I wonder why Arbiter even bothers to judge mortal lives as individuals when the individual is ripped from the soul in Bastion. That makes no sense at all.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Don't forget Reggae, he IS Jamaican after all lmaooo
    I'm not a big music listener, but sure! Need something to limbo to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    *cough* Klaxxi *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    That's never happened ever by any faction in any expansion ever.

Yup.

Klaxxi x 4 isn't happening. May as well have expected Kul Tirans and Zandalari to betray you as they had lesser concerns than the Shadowlands.

Klaxxi x 4 isn't happening. May as well have expected Kul Tirans and Zandalari to betray you as they had lesser concerns than the Shadowlands.
    Alright well now you're just exaggerating and strawmanning what we said because you said something factually incorrect and it was pointed out.

Maybe it's something they overlooked. Personally I think if you permanently lose all your memories as well as your body that means you die, if you are 'reborn' into a different body it's just like someone unrelated to you being born elsewhere. However if there is any trace of your past life then there's the potential to rediscover who you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Alright well now you're just exaggerating and strawmanning what we said because you said something factually incorrect and it was pointed out.
    Just because I forgot the Klaxxi, one rep out of 100+ in World of Warcraft, doesn't mean the idea isn't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthonion1 View Post
    Maybe it's something they overlooked. Personally I think if you permanently lose all your memories as well as your body that means you die, if you are 'reborn' into a different body it's just like someone unrelated to you being born elsewhere. However if there is any trace of your past life then there's the potential to rediscover who you were.
    I agree. Bastion is death of the soul.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.