Page 1 of 3
LastLast

At least Three killed in Walmart shooting in Oklahoma

https://www.koco.com/article/police-...uncan/29831258

There is still information coming out and much isn’t know yet but Jesus Christ we just had a school shooting

10+ Year Old Account
    This many Walmart shootings just reinforce why I avoid that chain like the plague.

Well, that, and the shitty unkempt conditions of everything in there, and the actual weirdos that glower at you...

Anyways, nothing we can do, yaddi yadda...

Quote Originally Posted by gronzo1 View Post
    The media keeps giving these thugs all the attention they crave most.

They should start torturing these people live on TV so people think twice before killing others.
    Since a lot of mass shooters expect to die and do it as part of a suicide. Now you want them on tv? They would love that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gronzo1 View Post
    The media keeps giving these thugs all the attention they crave most.

They should start torturing these people live on TV so people think twice before killing others.
    Wait.. So you'd give them more exposure? That's like, the OPPOSITE of what you should do.

No names, no pictures, no video, just call them "shooter"

Thoughts and stuff i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I am not surprised.

"There's no way to stop shootings" - the only country where this is an issue.

Topic needs to be changed to a poll:
    A - Thoughts
    B - Prayers
    C - Blame video games
    D - Good GI Joe Cosplayer with a gun would've stopped Bad GI Joe Cosplayer with a gun.

Classic Murder Death Kill Boys, wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Wait.. So you'd give them more exposure? That's like, the OPPOSITE of what you should do.

No names, no pictures, no video, just call them "shooter"
    I think very few shooters care about their name being exposed in media... what they want as to society to notice them. Regardless of how media presents it, it's more about making an impact that will be felt in society. Unless you bury any happenings of it and decide people should not talk about it, it will continue to happen. They want to be heard, not just recognized.

To make it short I don't think it's "I want people to know my name" and more "Society have ignored me, this they can't ignore". They are right, you can't ignore shootings, even if it is their goal. I find it odd that people think it's about names rather than the impact when people take inspiration from other shooters.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think very few shooters care about their name being exposed in media... what they want as to society to notice them. Regardless of how media presents it, it's more about making an impact that will be felt in society. Unless you bury any happenings of it and decide people should not talk about it, it will continue to happen. They want to be heard, not just recognized.

To make it short I don't think it's "I want people to know my name" and more "Society have ignored me, this they can't ignore". They are right, you can't ignore shootings, even if it is their goal. I find it odd that people think it's about names rather than the impact when people take inspiration from other shooters.
    But if you don't make any mention of them, people won't know it was them who did it. So that person has no effect on society, and they'll pass out of all knowledge. If, however, you plaster their face, name, and possible message/manifesto everywhere, you're immortalising them through their actions.

Ultimately, there's no way of knowing who's right here, we can't exactly do a double blind study on the matter, and most shooters are either too dead to ask, or too mentally deranged to answer properly

make bullying a federal punishment with severe consequences
    have all students screened mentally and taken to doctors and therapists forcefully if severe
    equip each teacher with one gun with one magazine.
    have a group of five security guards in each school

there. democrat agenda. republican agenda. thrown into one solution. everyone wins. you keep your guns. you keep your children safe.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But if you don't make any mention of them, people won't know it was them who did it. So that person has no effect on society, and they'll pass out of all knowledge. If, however, you plaster their face, name, and possible message/manifesto everywhere, you're immortalising them through their actions.

Ultimately, there's no way of knowing who's right here, we can't exactly do a double blind study on the matter, and most shooters are either too dead to ask, or too mentally deranged to answer properly
    Yeah, you keep talking about names and being known while I'm talking about making an impact on society. Doesn't matter if you wipe out their name or not, they will set a permanent mark for generations within the society it happens in. Peoples kids will be gone, peoples sisters and brothers will be gone which will impact them their entire life. They will also know who did it and they will consider what and why things happens and probably try and prevent it from happening again regardless of media attention or not.

They feel society ignored them, thus they cause an incident that can't be ignored.
    Wiping out names is NOT ignoring the event. No society should EVER ignore such an event, but it's required to deny the shooters of their "goal". Thing is I find this obsession about not giving the shooters their goal to be the wrong approach. Things people should focus on rather than wiping out names is if those who do these shootings tried to speak up. Tried to reach out. Were they ignored? What signs did they give us which we can learn from? etc etc...

The names are irrelevant. They most of them kill themselves so the names being known is redundant to them... what they want to do is to make an impact on a society that wasn't there for them. Revenge is the core, not infamy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

one of these times "thoughts and prayers" will fix this...right...right..

A little bit more info.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-dead-n1084891
    A gunman killed two people outside an Oklahoma Walmart store Monday before fatally shooting himself, officials said.

A woman and a man were fatally shot in a car in the parking lot of the store in Duncan, about 80 miles south of Oklahoma City, according to the Duncan Police Department. The suspected shooter, who was outside the car, then turned the gun on himself, police said.
    Ford said the victims and suspect, who have not been identified, had "knowledge of each other."

The two victims who were found dead in the car visited the Money Center at the Walmart before the shooting, while the suspect had never entered the store.

No one else was hurt in the shooting.

“This was an isolated incident in the parking lot and was not an active shooter situation,” Walmart spokeswoman LeMia Jenkins said in an email to The Associated Press

To clarify once again to all the "we hate America and guns" left wingers here: This wasn't a random shooting. The couple owned this person money, they got it at the cash place in Walmart but then didn't pay or it wasn't enough, an argument ensued and the guy shot them then shot himself. Nothing special to this story, no where near the level of a school or night club shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    one of these times "thoughts and prayers" will fix this...right...right..
    Maybe read the story before crying? I love the poorly educated who don't read or have facts and just jump on the "I hate guns because my liberal friends and teachers say I should" people. The irony of your avatar is just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    To clarify once again to all the "we hate America and guns" left wingers here: This wasn't a random shooting. The couple owned this person money, they got it at the cash place in Walmart but then didn't pay or it wasn't enough, an argument ensued and the guy shot them then shot himself. Nothing special to this story, no where near the level of a school or night club shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe read the story before crying? I love the poorly educated who don't read or have facts and just jump on the "I hate guns because my liberal friends and teachers say I should" people. The irony of your avatar is just fantastic.
    its almost like guns are far to easy to get or something, yes I know its a murder suicide, doesn't change the fact that guns are far to easy to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, 3 killed in the US is nothing. It was only reported nationally because of the recent school shooting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

its almost like guns are far to easy to get or something, yes I know its a murder suicide, doesn't change the fact that guns are far to easy to get.
    He could have just as easily run them over with his car, or stabbed them both. People are gonna kill people. Guns are part of the USA, they will never go away, too many out there now. I won't give mine up, if the authorities ever do try to take them a civil war will break out and you will have more dead. Yes, you just gotta live with the shootings, can't be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    He could have just as easily run them over with his car, or stabbed them both. People are gonna kill people. Guns are part of the USA, they will never go away, too many out there now. I won't give mine up, if the authorities ever do try to take them a civil war will break out and you will have more dead. Yes, you just gotta live with the shootings, can't be stopped.
    Its amazing how you just go on your ridiculous rants, ignoring what was said to rave like a true gun nut; "american hating liberals" and such, In fact if you took 10 secs to actual listen not scream, the "common sense" gun laws that are often presented by the democrats are actually common sense - imagine that. And no they don't have gun seizure and other none sense that you are screaming about.

Its amazing how you just go on your ridiculous rants, ignoring what was said to rave like a true gun nut; "american hating liberals" and such, In fact if you took 10 secs to actual listen not scream, the "common sense" gun laws that are often presented by the democrats are actually common sense - imagine that. And no they don't have gun seizure and other none sense that you are screaming about.
    Beto O'rourke did.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano