Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why no complaining this month

I’m now 100% a filthy casual. If you look at my previous posts, you’ll either see complaints about the game, making a fake leak full of wishful thinking or hoping for certain changes to happen to the game so that myself and people like me would get to have fun, describing what fun translates to in terms of actual game content, playability and “changes to the better”.

This month though I didn’t find much to complain about even though the game is not and can never be perfect, but sometimes there is enough to enjoy / have fun with, there is no point in complaining about the imperfect part. And this is the case this month.

I don’t think anyone is asking for the game to be 100% fun, but a fifty fifty fun/not fun is OK. Just like in real life.

Things I’ve enjoyed this month:

1- Classic AV
    2- Anniversary event
    3- No longer having to grind to unlock flying now that I finished it. Worst time in my wow life tbh, I despise this part with all my heart.
    4- leveling / gearing alts with time walking dungeons

Wish we can have this kind of content regularly. Best part is that it doesn’t need to change since there is enough variety as it is.

Edit: The title is not a question, but a statement. In other words, I'm saying this is why I did not do any complaining this month.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-11-19 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I’m now 100% a filthy casual. If you look at my previous posts, you’ll either see complaints about the game, making a fake leak full of wishful thinking or hoping for certain changes to happen to the game so that myself and people like me would get to have fun and what fun translates to in terms of actual game content, playability and “changes to the better”.

This month though I didn’t find much to complain about even though the game is and can never be perfect, but sometimes there is enough to enjoy / have fun with, there is no point in complaining about the imperfect part.

I don’t think anyone is asking for the game to be 100% fun, but a fifty fifty fun/not fun is OK. Just like in real life.

Things I’ve enjoyed this month:

1- Classic AV
    2- Anniversary event
    3- No longer having to grind to unlock flying. Worst time in my wow life tbh, I despise this part with all my heart.
    4- leveling / gearing alts with time walking dungeons

Wish we can have this kind of content regularly. Best part is that it doesn’t need to change since there is enough variety as it is.
    what in gods name are you blathering about? your title says "why no complaining?", but your post says there is nothing to complain about. trying to rack up that post count?

Why no complaining this month
    we get depressed by shadowlands (4zones) 1 grind rep, and tower (probably only tower and new legendary items can be fun but tower should not be something like island expedition from bfa or pve scenario from mop, and legendary items mhm do u remember legion ? my 2 first legends on my mage was prydaz and chest that heal me after blink (or it was shield after blink?) anyway ... I had top 1 world logs in healing as fire mage - don't ask)
    Last edited by Nehem; 2019-11-19 at 04:25 AM.

Complaining means you care. After Shadowlands announcement just saw a lot of people lose complete interest in the game tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Complaining means you care. After Shadowlands announcement just saw a lot of people lose complete interest in the game tbh.
    I used to check MMO champ daily but knowing there's nothing to look forward to for at least another three years I just took it off bookmarks lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    we get depressed by shadowlands (4zones)
    This has to be the dumbest argument against SL that is humanly possible.

I mean surely bfa is at least double as good as tbc because it has more continents!

Its the amount, not the quality!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I used to check MMO champ daily but knowing there's nothing to look forward to for at least another three years I just took it off bookmarks lol.
    And yet, here you are!

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could've been here to see the asshurt when Mists of Pandaria was announced... see how many people quit the game for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah, many people were expecting something groundbreaking after the BFA disaster, but we're going to get the same amount of content if not less, and nothing really new or groundbreaking.

No changes for low/dead realms...
    Nothing change regarding the factions or the imbalance...
    No world revamp to flesh out the Warcraft lore...
    No new race or class...
    Nothing changes regarding the raid structure...

It almost feels like BFA have done so well that they don't need to change anything, just add new zones, dungeons, and raids... and the game will be fine...

If Shadowlands didn't succeed we may never get another rich expansion such as Legion or Mists of Pandaria, and it's really sad because it can lead to maintenance mode.

Damn it's so sad to see Warcraft reduced to this...

There's not even a patch coming out until next year, not much reason to be terribly active tbh - hater or no.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Because 8.2 is stale old content and 8.3 looks like it sucks?

I think people are just in a state of indifference.

Shadowlands didn't blow anyone away.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to type this all out but I couldn't be bothered.

No new race. No new class. Nothing new or groundbreaking. No cross faction play. Completely ham-fisted out of nowhere lore and area.

We're getting more rental abilities, more AP(Anima Power), more WQs.

Just seems to be more of the same.
    from the little we know:
    anima should work completely different than AP, and they announced changes to wq, wont make them amazing, but could improve them a lot
    race doesnt bother me, since AR are not tied to begining of expansion we might get some in later patches, and even if not, we just get 10 in bfa, thats enough for now
    cross faction play was not going to happen (thank god) dunno why ppl still pull this shit out...
    shadowlands are in lore since vanila (probably even before, not sure about that), zones themsleves are new, but this is precisely like pandaria was before mop
    nothing "new" is false, covenants and tower are new, if they are groundbreaking is really hard to say when we have almost no info on how they will work, but tower seem great to me from the very little we know
    rental abilities, well thats a bit of a bummer, but thats literaly one combat ability, its the same as garrison or companion abilities in legion, not really much of impact i would say, and covenants give different rewards so sysem wont be obsolete after shadowlands like heart of azeroth after bfa

only thing that really bothers me is no new class, bcs i wanted necromancer but honestly, lorewise necro would probably be better at end of shadowlands than at begining, with death not really working

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Wish we can have this kind of content regularly.
    If only all of that content was on some sort of monthly or yearly regular rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

I mean surely bfa is at least double as good as tbc because it has more continents!

but that isn't what bfa did, bfa gave us 3 zones and half, i don't give a f8ck about alliance main zones as horde and i bet alliance don't give 2 square of piss about what happened in zul'dazar either, it is a zone u do a couple of quests and done, and then wqs to be able to fly then probably f8ck it forever
    TBC gave each faction 6 zones, BFA gave us 3 zones and 6 quests outside of them, with the 2nd biggest disappointment after Argus, the zone of Naz'jhatar, and a very blend boring mech gnomes (that ironic, is better than Naz) of the lost city of Mechagon that if u care about gnome lore will probably be the 2nd biggest slap to ur gnome face after the fact that u still can't take ur city after 15 years of wow
    the 3 horde zones look amazing, and i bet alliance zones look for them amazing too, but as horde player, they didn't give me a reason to give a f8ck about Drustvar, in fact i see it too f8cked up zone to even care about, let alliance be f8cked there, it is the zone i discovered the might warrior orc fear witches and ghosts like a retard farmer from the middle ages

- - - Updated - - -

Because 8.2 is stale old content and 8.3 looks like it sucks?

I think people are just in a state of indifference.

Shadowlands didn't blow anyone away.
    maybe it didn't blow u or me ( i hate it too ) but to claim 'anyone' is far stretched
    there are ppl who like what they saw so far, there are still Sylvanas fan even after she is now evil Mary Sue
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

>guy makes blog about how there's nothing to complain about
    >everybody complains about nothing being interesting enough to complain about

Ah, MMO-C. Never change.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    >guy makes blog about how there's nothing to complain about
    >everybody complains about nothing being interesting enough to complain about

Ah, MMO-C. Never change.
    At this point it's clear that complaining is the goal, not geting better game. Either that or we discovered new level of masochism. Some of these people are bitching like last 4-5 expansions without any break.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    we get depressed by shadowlands (4zones) 1 grind rep, and tower (probably only tower and new legendary items can be fun but tower should not be something like island expedition from bfa or pve scenario from mop, and legendary items mhm do u remember legion ? my 2 first legends on my mage was prydaz and chest that heal me after blink (or it was shield after blink?) anyway ... I had top 1 world logs in healing as fire mage - don't ask)
    Sounds like you have totally missed how legendarys system works, legendarys will work like in Legion, as in they might change your rotation or just add to spells or abilities but how you get them wont be like in Legion, you will craft them not loot them so will have a option to pick the one you want.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No changes for low/dead realms...
    what exactly do you want them to do? they have already merged realms, announcing more isn't something that needed to be done at Blizzcon

Nothing change regarding the factions or the imbalance...
    again, how exactly would they fix that? outside of directly buffing a faction (which would simply change the imbalance not fix it) there is nothing they can do.

No world revamp to flesh out the Warcraft lore...
    except changing the entire levelling process to fit the current expansion

Nothing changes regarding the raid structure...
    why change it? it isn't broken

It almost feels like BFA have done so well that they don't need to change anything, just add new zones, dungeons, and raids... and the game will be fine...
    except they are changing the levelling experience completely, adding new stuff like Covenants and the Torghast dungeon, revamping the Classes, introducing a customisable legendary etc etc

welcome ladies and gentleman, to a new, exciting, totally useless thread! lean back and stretch your sack.

meanwhile in gotham city...

For me, Shadowlands sounds like it's fixing many of my issues with the current game, but we haven't seen much yet, so not much point complaining. The current patch is shit, but we've told them that for ages, and the next is improving things but not enough.
    Basically there just isn't anything new to complain about(only things would be the pretty poorly designed anniversary event and them insisting on no cross-faction play, because not much is happening atm.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    welcome ladies and gentleman, to a new, exciting, totally useless thread! lean back and stretch your sack.

meanwhile in gotham city...
    Holy Priceless Collection of Etruscan Snoods Batman!

- - - Updated - - -

Why are they so afraid to give us a new god damn talent row or actual baseline ability?
    I have repeatedly said that when we lost the artifacts at the end of Legion they should've given us new talent rows at 110 and 120. I don't know if they will keep the 7 talent rows we currently have (5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50 and 60 would work maybe) but at worst we should get new talents every 10 levels and that should continue every 10 levels until they squish again (which they probably will; hell they might do it every expansion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

Indeed. People around here often confuse 'more' with 'better'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.