Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    pro tip: make a character with someone elses name, preferably same class. (make sure its someone who can appreciate the joke though).
    That is a pro tip! Will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Due to the total f-up by Blizzard in not implementing A) Faction specific queues and B) too late implementing faction specific transfers we have now started to see a snowball effect towards the end times. Some servers are at a MASSIVE imbalance and it's getting worse. The implementation of faction specific transfers might have stalled it a bit but for some servers I fear this is too late. My suggestion is this, and it is a drastic one: SERVER MERGES. I know this cant fix the all servers because PvP servers often tend to lean towards horde superiority. The problems starts to show at 40/60 imbalance and it quickly goes down hill. Basically: Merge any 70/30 servers with other servers with the same but opposite imbalance, or 20/80 or 35/65. What ever number is picked, it is important this happens sooner rather than later.

Server identity is out of the window now. Who cares if they play on "this-or-that" server anymore. We just want faction BALANCE.

If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone when I ask that Blizzard either open up for A) free transfers for both factions between ALL servers (including PvP<->PvE<->RP in which ever order you want) or B) start up paid transfers so everyone can make up their own mind.

EDIT: An addition suggestion would be to shut down any of the dying servers and let them transfer off to low pop factions of other servers.
    Faction Balance wasn't a common thing in vanilla, ever. So I guess #nochanges ?

As i said in some other thread: Perhaps there should be Allience and Horde only servers instead. And use the X-realm technique to always try and match servers as equal as possible.

#NoChangesBcBadIsGood

server balance is like democracy , you cant make everyone happy , so you choose the biggest group

and guess what!!! you aint in it!!!

also its a joke

lets say and ill use small numbers for you... a server was perfect balanced 50horde 50 alliance. that still doenst mean you arnt getting ganked as F

maby 40 of your alliance/horde are in other zones so its still 10vs50

what if 10ppl enter ubrs does it mean 10ppl need to do an instance on the other side too?

what if your ubrs raid meets my mc raid in brm

the examples dont stop... but i hope you get that you are emo-ing for something that is factual impossible or lets make it positive improbable

also why be a submissive when you can be a dom... blizz aint gonna help you, take your time doing some research on servers and roll 1 thats more inline of your taste... you are free to do so... it';s called being an independent person...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    it also only moves the problem from Server 1 too Server 2 or 3.
    Which is why I said "in a bad way".

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    What part of "NO CHANGES!" do you not understand?
    We're not talking about ingame mechanics now but server population control/structure. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Guess Warmode completely bypassed you? They've been trying for the last 15 years to make it work. It never did because they actually have to work against the playerbase on this.
    Actually yes. I have no idea what warmode is. But judging my the name I assume some sort of manual switch to turn off and on PvP (like on PvE servers?). Last time I set foot in retail wow was in early WoD. After that I've been only playing on private servers until classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    "Faction Specific Queues"?

I am guessing OP is ranting about PvP servers, which basically, as anyone with half an intellect beyond a turnip would have been able to tell you, were going to be a shit storm since...forever?

Since the launch of them from the very beginning, you have had one side become over populated (usually Horde), and then dominate the other side, which causes them to stop playing, and then causes the other team to stop playing because there is no more PvP, then they start ranting and whining on forums without grasping *they* are the actual cause of the problem in the first place. Said servers(except for a few outliers) become ghost towns, and empty, requiring merges.

I am still stunned, that after 15 years, the playerbase hasn't grasped yet, that this isn't Blizzards fault, but theirs, and there is very little Blizzard can do about it, and when they *do* try to fix things, they get screeched at like banshees for doing so.

Players were offered free transfers, yet, they ignored them because "I don't want to be left on a ghost town server, nice try, Blizzard", and other eye-roll logic.

TLDR- This was obvious to practically everyone from Day one it would happen, and people had the option to leave before it became a problem, now you have to reap the whirlwind I am afraid.
    I dont know your definition of Ranting, but the textbook definition reads "speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way." I am not angry. I'm just brain storming ideas to see what the communities take is on the situation.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

nice post, learn from here,

my windows 7 stops working please suggest why it happens

5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, using CAPS during your initial OUTBURST is usually a sign of ranting.
    I was simply using it to underline important keywords. Perhaps the actual underline is a better method I guess. I will edit my initial post to better set the tone of the subject matter.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Due to the total f-up by Blizzard in not implementing A) Faction specific queues and B) too late implementing faction specific transfers we have now started to see a snowball effect towards the end times. Some servers are at massive imbalance and it's getting worse. The implementation of faction specific transfers might have stalled it a bit but for some servers I fear this is too late. My suggestion is this, and it is a drastic one: Server Merges. I know this cant fix the all servers because PvP servers often tend to lean towards horde superiority. The problems starts to show at 40/60 imbalance and it quickly goes down hill. Basically: Merge any 70/30 servers with other servers with the same but opposite imbalance, or 20/80 or 35/65. What ever number is picked, it is important this happens sooner rather than later.

Server identity is out of the window now. Who cares if they play on "this-or-that" server anymore. We just want faction balance.

If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone when I ask that Blizzard either open up for A) free transfers for both factions between ALL servers (including PvP<->PvE<->RP in which ever order you want) or B) start up paid transfers so everyone can make up their own mind.

EDIT #1: An addition suggestion would be to shut down any of the dying servers and let them transfer off to low pop factions of other servers.

EDIT #2: Following the suggestions of posters I have changed my caps to underline instead to better set the tone. My reason was to put emphasis on the words, not to seem like a loudmouth ranter.
    Whatever your ideas might be you do realize that, this is not a Blizzard operated site? I mean, I'm sure plenty an employee over there reads these forums but they'll never address issues here. It's fine for discussion, which this almost hardly is just POV, but again, why here? Just to rant? Decompress? Fine then. But really if you expect anything of this you should post on Blizzard forums, contact Blizzard directly with petitions etc etc.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

If faction population alone were the problem, players would have started calamity threads early on.

But it's not. Always-logged players have been rejoined by the always-logged players who hit 60 and bailed, 100 or so hours hasn't been enough for people to get Honor mania out of their system, and always-logged players on the wrong side of faction balance still want to be able to play for hours on end every day.

People need to cool down and step away. That itself is the freedom in Classic's design.

Actually yes. I have no idea what warmode is. But judging my the name I assume some sort of manual switch to turn off and on PvP (like on PvE servers?). Last time I set foot in retail wow was in early WoD. After that I've been only playing on private servers until classic.
    It's essentially a switch that lets you swap between PvP and PvE servers, which no longer exist as concrete servers in BfA. Blizzard even added incentives to use PvP rules when your faction is less represented. It's still largely Horde-biased, despite servers no longer mattering.

So history has immediately repeated? Colour me shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Grob is pretty solid world PVP and is pretty balanced.

Truth is this wasn't hard to see coming. A lot of people wanted to stick thier chest out and act like hard ass PvP'er types but the reality is most of them should have rolled on a PVE server. Then for those that want to PVP it was insanely obvious which servers were going to be dominated by which faction.

For the most part expect it to be rough for a few weeks until most the losers realize they don't got a shot at a high rank and a shit ton will fall off. Then it will become more reasonable in the world. For now you just have to deal with packs of people following youtube "master" ranking guides. Or, you know, get into a group and enjoy the melee yourself. The other faction cannot have all zones locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I think its more because they tried to make a museum piece, sticking to as much of vanilla as they could, which also means repeating mistakes and coming to same inevitable outcome as retail did.

The only thing I can see them doing is rushing release of battlegrounds to try to put as many people out from world into instances as fast as possible, reducing number of players in world. Hopefully they'll make announcement about it soon.
    Battlegrounds would indeed fix the problem somewhat, still hotspots like BRM will be a pain for the outnumbered faction, as in they will lose all their buffs and will be delayed a lot until the raid starts.

"Faction Specific Queues"?
    blabla dumb opinion
    Great way to piss people off, dude.
    There is this thing called A:H ratio, it's a number that Blizz could show on server selections to make it easier for people, but they didn't, so the blame is still on Blizzard. When they don't communicate that to their playerbase how should someone make an informed decision? Census was also disabled. Your dumb rant against the playerbase means nothing.

Due to the total f-up by Blizzard in not implementing A) Faction specific queues and B) too late implementing faction specific transfers we have now started to see a snowball effect towards the end times. Some servers are at massive imbalance and it's getting worse. The implementation of faction specific transfers might have stalled it a bit but for some servers I fear this is too late. My suggestion is this, and it is a drastic one: Server Merges. I know this cant fix the all servers because PvP servers often tend to lean towards horde superiority. The problems starts to show at 40/60 imbalance and it quickly goes down hill. Basically: Merge any 70/30 servers with other servers with the same but opposite imbalance, or 20/80 or 35/65. What ever number is picked, it is important this happens sooner rather than later.

Server identity is out of the window now. Who cares if they play on "this-or-that" server anymore. We just want faction balance.

EDIT #1: An addition suggestion would be to shut down any of the dying servers and let them transfer off to low pop factions of other servers.

EDIT #2: Following the suggestions of posters I have changed my caps to underline instead to better set the tone. My reason was to put emphasis on the words, not to seem like a loudmouth ranter.
    Don't be silly. Seriously.

imbalance will always exist because there's nothing fun about being on the outnumbered side.

then I think I speak for everyone
    No. Nobody does ever speak for EVERYONE.

Server faction imbalance has been there since the 1st day of wow. Any server with large population will end up 1 sided.

Even today, the largest EU retail servers: Draenor, Silvermoon, Outland, Kazzak, etc are all 10:1 even 20:1 in faction ratio.

- - - Updated - - -

It isnt due to a lack of tools but a lack of will to do so. A lack of will we can work with. If enough people voice their concerns, then maybe, just maybe they will react. But yea, probably not.
    What do you mean by lack of will?

Even with cross server play and War mode bonus, Blizzard can't achieve faction balance at all on retail servers.

What makes you think they can achieve it on classic servers, with all the #Nochanges players???