Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    We didn't take out Sargeras.
    Yes we did. He is now imprisoned by Illidan and Pantheon. Archi and KJ are dead. BL is leaderless. We also destroyed their never ending supply of demons in Antorus. Did you play the end of Legion?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Did you know that during WW2, Germans were able to "pull off" their conquest of Europe when they were outnumbered, had inferior technology and inferior weapons? Now, you do.
    They weren't outnumbered one to billion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that during WW2, Germans were able to "pull off" their conquest of Europe when they were outnumbered, had inferior technology and inferior weapons? Now, you do.
    Sure, but their conquest didn't age well

10+ Year Old Account
    We didnt really defeat em, we just bomb-rushed their revive machine.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We didnt really defeat em, we just bomb-rushed their revive machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes we did. He is now imprisoned by Illidan and Pantheon. Archi and KJ are dead. BL is leaderless. We also destroyed their never ending supply of demons in Antorus. Did you play the end of Legion?
    Like, cmo'n. Defeating doesn't automatically mean eradicating entire army. BL lost the trio, that held them together. We stopped their invasion, they are now in disarray.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-11-19 at 05:10 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are tons of Legion demons still about and kicking, but what made the Legion a force to be feared was their organization, most especially the will of Sargeras pushing them to a single overriding goal. Without Sargeras at the helm, and lacking the command structure we butchered our way through, the Legion is a deeply diminished threat to us. More likely they've devolved into a series of carping and infighting factions, more inclined to split up the spoils of the physical universe for themselves than to work to enact universal omnicide. There will always be demons, but the power of the Legion is broken.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is also fantasy world. Oh wait, you thought realism = World of WarCraft?
    Yeah, it's not like you brought that up at first

We entered Argus when everyone was out.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti Glanchi View Post
    Because we had something the Burning Legion didn 't have...

THE CHAMPIONS/ADVENTURES OF AZEROTH! ...with Artifact Weapons in tow

I think it 's worth noting that we did not completely obliterate all of the ranks of the Legion , just their homeworld armies and their upper leadership ... Sargeras , Kil 'jaedan, Archimonde, Tichondrius, Mannaroth, Gul 'dan are all dealt with.

There are still many, many, MANY more demons and mid-level demon leaders through out the galaxy ... I think for the time being , the Legion is in disorder and will not be able to be cohesive any time soon , effectively being " beaten " .... for now.

8.3 Azshara implies she is going to seek out the Burning Legion (Sargeras) again though
    Mannoroth died in draenor and never in twisting nether so not dead nor is tichondriua as he dies in nighthold and on archimonde they said something to direction that he is for now dead but they might change their minds.

So all in all only KJ ja Gul'dan is gone gone and they can use sargeras again as he is only imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

Undead Dragons

- - - Updated - - -
    Ah yes...

ZOMBIE DRAGONS!

Legion has what several worlds? All part of sergeras' crusade, millions upon millions of demons, and not to mention advanced teleportation technology, could even teleport in spire like space ships, had the power to teleport an effing world, yeah we should have been wiped out in a matter of days, a few artifacts and only gaining a little more power each expansion shouldnt match to a titan with the strength to plunge a sword into a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Because we didn't take on the might of the Legion army head on. We sent a strike force to their home world and cut out their heart.

I am not saying the story doesn't have significant plot holes.
    WoW questing/storytelling in a nutshell, lol.

"yes there's a big army, but a small strikeforce *cough*single champion*cough* could sneak in and kill all the important things."

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    We didn't take out Sargeras.
    You can take out Sargeras without killing him. That's why Illidan's his jailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    Chris Metzen
    Metzen retired in 2016 and ceased involvement in the story and lore crafting altogether. WoD was very obviously his swan song as Thrall practically faded into the background at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I don't believe for a moment that the legion is defeated, nothing ever dies for real in this universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I don't believe for a moment that the legion is defeated, nothing ever dies for real in this universe.
    And, once again, defeated doesn't mean dead!

And, once again, defeated doesn't mean dead!
    I amend my post then, nothing is ever really defeated in this universe. The burning crusade will return, maybe under new ownership or with a new agenda. The legion lost this battle, maybe this war, but they will come back, mark my words.

And how it doesn't make any sense? BL was attacking through the portal in Tomb of Sargeras. It was best strategy to fight them in that choke point.
    It was never stated the Legion could not bring in another fleet of ships and turn Dalaran into molten slag. So it raises the question why didn't they? That is some bad writing right there! They had enough resources to deal a massive and decisive blow against the defenders, especially after Edgelord Illidan opened the highway between Argus and Azeroth.

Us clawing our way up from there with the help of a properly done Army of the Light would have been more engaging than going Rambo yet again and roflstomping the supposedly endless Legion on their home turf.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda the problem with WoW. We have t always win no matter what. There is no room for us to have any real consequences for anything because at the end of the day we are going to just go into a raid and kill or beat whatever big bad through some deus ex machina. We should not have beaten Argus. Hell....we probably shouldn't have even been able to get anywhere near him. Also even when we do actually fight him he insta kills us halfway through the fight similar to what Arthas did. And also just like Arthas some miraculous thing happens and we are saved by some external force.

I honestly don't have that big a problem with this but they need to stop trying to act like we are ever in any real danger. Maybe they will prove me wrong one day but I highly doubt it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    It was never stated the Legion could not bring in another fleet of ships and turn Dalaran into molten slag. So it raises the question why didn't they? That is some bad writing right there! They had enough resources to deal a massive and decisive blow against the defenders, especially after Edgelord Illidan opened the highway between Argus and Azeroth.

Us clawing our way up from there with the help of a properly done Army of the Light would have been more engaging than going Rambo yet again and roflstomping the supposedly endless Legion on their home turf.
    Gameplay/story limitations. Sure, Legion could prolly just bring nuff ships to nuke entire Azeroth from orbit, but then how would we stop it? Vindicaar could bomb Ogri at any point of BfA, but then Alliance would instantly win war. Blizz had to compromise. A small strike force at the heart of BL was much easier to pull, than a huge army battle (and it's not like we haven't been sending teams like this entire WoW).
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-11-19 at 06:35 PM.