Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I quit classic less than a month after its release because I started realizing I was on the losing side of my server. I knew going in that I was on the minority faction, but my research told me that is was a 45/55 split, which I was ok with. When I realized that it was trending more toward a 30/70 split I peaced the fuck out because I knew the situation would only escalate and get much much worse once HK farming started, and I do not have it in me to level up something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    So faction inbalance is blizzards fault u dumb idiots
    Yeah...don't throw stones if you live in a glass house my dude.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

You're really going places starting a thread with that nice title.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    People bitched that server were connected because it killed community and their sense of immersion, which is exactly what they're asking back in Classic.
    Tell me how it kills community? You have your guild and same old people after merge.

Isnt it just like free transfers we have now, more fresh people?

10+ Year Old Account
    How so ? they cant force people to play one or another faction,90% of the stuff they did in the past 15 years is exactly what this retarded playerbase asked for.DEAR MOTHER OF GOOOOOOOOOOOD you're so fucking retarded it amazes me every god damn day.

Who the hell wants to play a gnome or a human in a fantasy game.Fucking imbecils.Hope u get more shit on by blizzard.

Now flag this,but keep in mind....you can suck my dick.
    I mean it's not like humans and gnomes are classic fantasy races or anything, right?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Tell me how it kills community? You have your guild and same old people after merge.

Isnt it just like free transfers we have now, more fresh people?
    Not my arguments, their. Ask them.
    But I think it's pretty clear now that what killedcommunity, is community itself.

3+ Year Old Account
    they cant force people to play one or another faction
    Actually they can. There is literally not a single thing in the universe preventing them from doing that.

They can close character creation of a certain faction on a certain server anytime they want. They just don't want to.

How so ? they cant force people to play one or another faction,90% of the stuff they did in the past 15 years is exactly what this retarded playerbase asked for.DEAR MOTHER OF GOOOOOOOOOOOD you're so fucking retarded it amazes me every god damn day.

Who the hell wants to play a gnome or a human in a fantasy game.Fucking imbecils.Hope u get more shit on by blizzard.

I don't want it to go way, I want to answer you.

Faction imbalance was determined by which faction had the prettiest races. Human males looked like, and still look like roided out buffalo. Night elves and human females were the only way to look pretty, so alliance had more people. When blood elves entered, horde had the prettiest races and it's been mostly horde dominated ever since. Blizzard must always foster a balance and conservation of attractiveness between factions. Void elves helped, but a lot of the waspy player base has a problem with a good looking elf with darker skin. Their escapist fantasy is to be pale. So balance has not been restored.

You know those new bastion faction race? Those males look like what human male bodies ought to look like.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Server population problems, however, are the fault of Blizzard.

Allowing people to keep reserving names on servers that were full already was a mistake. Allowing people to make horde/alliance toons on servers that were hugely skewed for one side was a mistake.
    should have an algorithm in place that stops creation of new heros on the faction that sits at 55% they can hardwire the balance into the game by forcing the dominate faction to never have more than 55% of the population

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Don't cut yourself on that edge.
    I imagine he lost a limb already. Can't wield an edge that sharp all willy nilly style

It's like blaming Blizzard for overcrowded servers despite players being constantly given free server transfers and told "OI! JUST MOVE SERVERS YOU DIMWITS!" and they're all "NO, THIS IS SOMEHOW YOUR FAULT, BLIZZARD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Read this thread and you can identify what the actual problem is and IM sure anyone on classic not lying to themselves can confirm -- alliance go into the game with the idea of being dominated,thus they rarely actually fight back, making horde the winner in pvp for it actually even starts most of the time.

For 95%~ percent of the player base the minute advantages the racial give people don't matter because they're not that good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Reported for trolling. Not because I'm offended but because on this forum everyone reports every nonsense, so I'm just playing the game.
    Tbh if you break the rules you should be punished. If you dont like it then you should make your own site with rules that you like. I have no sympathy for people who get infracted. I have less for people who act the victim afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's like blaming Blizzard for overcrowded servers despite...
    ... despite Blizzard being told for months and months repeatedly (in ALL CAPS LETTERS SOMETIMES) that they weren't releasing enough servers; and couple that with their braindead organisation of the "Reserve the name of your retail main you've been playing for 15 years on one of these two available servers! This can't possibly make any issues" it is absolutely reasonable to blame Blizzard, to the point where refusing to apportion them any blame is frankly blindly defending them.

"somehow". lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    ... despite Blizzard being told for months and months repeatedly (in ALL CAPS LETTERS SOMETIMES) that they weren't releasing enough servers; and couple that with their braindead organisation of the "Reserve the name of your retail main you've been playing for 15 years on one of these two available servers! This can't possibly make any issues" it is absolutely reasonable to blame Blizzard, to the point where refusing to apportion them any blame is frankly blindly defending them.

"somehow". lol.
    Im of the opinion that blame is on both parties. Yes, Blizzard made mistakes, and created the situation that allowed this to occur. However, the players are to blame for blindly sticking to their server selection right through name reservation and leading up to launch, even though Blizzard gave very clear signals and warnings that they had identified crowding onto certain servers.

Blizzard gave the players matches and a tin of petrol, and then acted surprised when things got set on fire. There were certainly some players who witnessed the fire, and rather than simply avoiding it, poured more petrol on and yelled "omg blizzard this fire is getting bigger! its all your fault!!"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im of the opinion that blame is on both parties.
    Sure, I do agree; but to sound super playground "They started it". They laid the groundwork for this problem by not proactively adressing it, and the community did what the community always does.

And I personally don't accept the "no one could have known what would happen" excuse that people provide for Blizzard. This isn't 2005. Anyway this is all offtopic :P

Oh wait, no it isn't , got my threads mixed up.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

How did this thread's title survive this long and why is OP still not banned with the all the insults he's been throwing around? I'm genuinely curious

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    How did this thread's title survive this long and why is OP still not banned with the all the insults he's been throwing around? I'm genuinely curious
    I think it's a new meta to whine about getting banned in your posts because playing victim is super trendy. As a result people are less inclined to actually report because they don't want to validate such lameness

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Man, you have issues... Its still a game in the end, why the need of all this hostility?
    I am still confused, what are 98% of the playerbase doing? Avoiding lead paint chips?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Apparently quite a few.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

There's more to immersing yourself in a fantasy setting than having green skin or tusks or pointy ears.