Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wait do you think that the comics match up to the movies? Because that’s not at all how this works.

Thanos might have been waiting for Odin to die I didn’t read the MCU tie in comics so I don’t know but given that literally every thing else you have said so far has been wrong I won’t take your word at it. Also again I don’t think they ever said any thing about the Odin force in the movies past Odins death, the mcu isn’t the comic just because it happens there doesn’t make it happen in the mcu.

The hulk also doesn’t have the same level of healing as he does in the comics so I don’t know what your on about with his infinite healing when he spends the battle with a wrecked arm from using the gauntlet.

The DCU like the MCU isn’t the comics nothing there is relevant to movie wonder women.

Luke wasn’t finished training in empire and beat Vader in return. Rey has also only beaten a heavily wounded kylo and some red guys she lost to every one else.

I’m also not watching your video you can make your own arguments even if you have done it poorly.

So in short your talking complete nonsense and I’d post that picture again I’d I wouldn’t get infracted for spam as again every single thing you said is wrong.
    thanos waiting for odin was the case for the films too hence why his attack happened right after odin died.
    hulks healing is amplified by his anger

so you ignore my comments and video just for the sake of virtue signal , sjw films flop , charlies angels did

rey is the prime example for a mary sue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQm9hPmVUCs go to 1:17 and see what i mean \
    the guy stopped the moment he was about to kill her then go to 2:47 he could literally swing to finish her

copying this from one of the sw screen writers:
    She is able to fight Kylo to a draw, who has been trained by the two most gifted swordsmen in the light and the dark side. She is able to use the Force to get the lightsaber even though she barely discovered the Force five minutes ago. And then there's the whole TheLast Jedi debacle. We meet her only a few hours after The Force Awakens ended and she's going through lightsaber Katas like a pro. She breaks the rocks and shows raw strength enough to frighten Luke Skywalker of all beings. And let's not forget the killing of the Praetorian guards scene. These are all highly skilled beings with years of training to protect the supreme leader and she cuts through them like flies. Come on, people, make it a little believable. And despite not getting many lessons from Luke, she is able to lift dozens of huge boulders. Okay, that is a little bit insulting. The only other beings we have seen sending these large masses through the air are Yoda and Sidious. One was the grandmaster of the Jedi Order and the other was the prophesized Sithari. Years of training and experience and then they could perform such feats

even the people that made the film believe it
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-11-19 at 08:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    thanos waiting for odin was the case for the films too hence why his attack happened right after odin died.
    hulks healing is amplified by his anger

so you ignore my comments and video just for the sake of virtue signal , sjw films flop , charlies angels did

rey is the prime example for a mary sue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQm9hPmVUCs go to 1:17 and see what i mean \
    the guy stopped the moment he was about to kill her then go to 2:47 he could literally swing to finish her
    Thanos might have waited but again every single thing you have said so far as been wrong so I’m not gonna take your word on it.

The hulks healing also Varys if you’re talking comic hulk and if your talking movie hulk it’s way toned down from what he can do in the comics like every thing else.

I also haven’t ignored any of your comments I’ve picked each and every one apart as they are all wrong. I ignored the video because unless you personally made it I don’t care to monologue at a youtuber who can’t talk about. You can make your own arguments instead of hiding behind some one else if you want a key point from some one else’s video post it your self in your own words.

It’s also not virtue signaling to point out that every thing you have said has been wrong I haven’t given my opinion on even one of theses movies I’m just pointing out the many things you are wrong about.

Rey is also the exact same when it comes to her powers and not being trained in them as wonder women.

And ya the Fight is done badly but that has nothing to do with rey as a character.

Thanos might have waited but again every single thing you have said so far as been wrong so I’m not gonna take your word on it.

The hulks healing also Varys if you’re talking comic hulk and if your talking movie hulk it’s way toned down from what he can do in the comics like every thing else.

I also haven’t ignored any of your comments I’ve picked each and every one apart as they are all wrong. I ignored the video because unless you personally made it I don’t care to monologue at a youtuber who can’t talk about. You can make your own arguments instead of hiding behind some one else if you want a key point from some one else’s video post it your self in your own words.

It’s also not virtue signaling to point out that every thing you have said has been wrong I haven’t given my opinion on even one of theses movies I’m just pointing out the many things you are wrong about.

Rey is also the exact same when it comes to her powers and not being trained in them as wonder women.

And ya the Fight is done badly but that has nothing to do with rey as a character.
    https://blog.usejournal.com/could-th...n-dc50e20a0325
    odin can literally defeat galactus

when the creators of your films believe you are a mary sue but somehow this guy knows better
    so you ingore my comments just , i wunt to.

7+ Year Old Account
    copying this from one of the sw screen writers:
    She is able to fight Kylo to a draw, who has been trained by the two most gifted swordsmen in the light and the dark side. She is able to use the Force to get the lightsaber even though she barely discovered the Force five minutes ago. And then there's the whole TheLast Jedi debacle. We meet her only a few hours after The Force Awakens ended and she's going through lightsaber Katas like a pro. She breaks the rocks and shows raw strength enough to frighten Luke Skywalker of all beings. And let's not forget the killing of the Praetorian guards scene. These are all highly skilled beings with years of training to protect the supreme leader and she cuts through them like flies. Come on, people, make it a little believable. And despite not getting many lessons from Luke, she is able to lift dozens of huge boulders. Okay, that is a little bit insulting. The only other beings we have seen sending these large masses through the air are Yoda and Sidious. One was the grandmaster of the Jedi Order and the other was the prophesized Sithari. Years of training and experience and then they could perform such feats

even the people that made the film believe it

I’m not gonna go more off topic and make this a Starwars thread till a mod tells us to stop it but a lot of what the screen writer says is either flatly wrong like TFA and TLJ being only a few hours apart or are explained in universe Or even in the films them selfs like Rey beating kylo in TFA or Rey’s power in the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Rabble, rabble, ignore SW Ep I-III are pretty terrible but somehow Anakin and George are never accused of pushing some form of agenda
    Because they didn't. They were just pretty bad movies.
    I don't remember George going around with shirts labeled "THE FORCE IS MALE", do you?

Don't complain of being accused of pushing an agenda while pushing an agenda and failing. At least own up to your actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

7+ Year Old Account
    https://blog.usejournal.com/could-th...n-dc50e20a0325
    odin can literally defeat galactus

when the creators of your films believe you are a mary sue but somehow this guy knows better
    so you ingore my comments just , i wunt to.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...efc274dca.webp
    Again comic Odin and movie Odin are not the same people Galactus isn’t even in the MCU.

And again I’ve picked apart every single comment you have made while you ignored my post and just put in some Irrelevant stuff about comic Odin.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-11-19 at 10:45 PM.

Again comic Odin and movie Odin are not the same people Galactus isn’t even in the MCU.

And again I’ve picked apart every single comment you have made while you ignored my post and just put in some Irrelevant stuff about comic Odin.

Thanos in movies attacked in Thor:Ragnarok when Odin and helya died
    Ins the the credits scene .so ding ding you are wrong .

The SCREEN WRITER of Rey called her a Mary Sue.
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-11-19 at 09:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanos n movies attacked after Thor:Ragnarok when Odin and helya died
    Ins the the credits scene .so ding ding you are wrong .

The SCREEN WRITER of Rey called her a Mary Sue.
    Nothing you said proves me wrong...the MCU and the comics are not the same thing this is a fact.

First off screen writers can be wrong as I pointed out a few examples already. Second off I don’t even think I said she wasn’t a Mary Sue I pointed out that her powers and lack of training are the same as wonder women and pointed out things you got wrong.

Nothing you said proves me wrong...the MCU and the comics are not the same thing this is a fact.

First off screen writers can be wrong as I pointed out a few examples already. Second off I don’t even think I said she wasn’t a Mary Sue I pointed out that her powers and lack of training are the same as wonder women and pointed out things you got wrong.
    Thanos attacked when Odin died because he was afraid of him

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...hanos-1949928/

Without the stones Odin can definitely defeat thanos anytime in MCU and that's a fact

MCU literally has thanos attack in the end of Thor Ragnarok to connect the death of Odin to thanos plans taking place but no you are a brick wall.

As for Rey she was scripted as a marye sue lel they even made the Praetorian to stop

Did a page from the MCU thread somehow get tacked onto the Batwoman topic? Wtf is this?

when the creator of your own film admits your movie was not that good you know there is something wrong lol

you cant ignore the fact that captain marvel was only saved because she was in between two avengers films
    if it was stand alone it would flop. everyone knows that. unless you live in a dream world

sw ep 1-3 were done for the money to cash in the franchise alone , your agruement is moronic

how about you check what happens when people push identity stuff like in charlies angels and then compare it to the aliens franchise , heck even the resident evil films did better
    Sometimes a movie is just shitty.

Captain Marvel was guaranteed 750 million regardless of quality or politics. Again, there's no agenda. Except for all the assholes who gave it a 1/10 before release.

Ep 3.5, 3.75 ,7,8, 9 are all cash grabs. Pretending that they are anything else is moronic. The only thing Ep7 proved was that JJ Abrams is a hack. Again, there's no agenda just a mediocre film-maker who's real talent is convincing film executives he's better than he is. Notice how the white male film-maker gets considerably less hate than the female lead. Hmmm... Maybe there is an agenda at work here!

Sometimes a movie is just shitty.

Captain Marvel was guaranteed 750 million regardless of quality or politics. Again, there's no agenda. Except for all the assholes who gave it a 1/10 before release.

Ep 3.5, 3.75 ,7,8, 9 are all cash grabs. Pretending that they are anything else is moronic. The only thing Ep7 proved was that JJ Abrams is a hack. Again, there's no agenda just a mediocre film-maker who's real talent is convincing film executives he's better than he is. Notice how the white male film-maker gets considerably less hate than the female lead. Hmmm... Maybe there is an agenda at work here!
    Are you denying that Batwoman is crap with all the identity politics it has because if you do you are blind by choice

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanos attacked when Odin died because he was afraid of him

https://youtu.be/Ra0zlwwalog

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...hanos-1949928/

Without the stones Odin can definitely defeat thanos anytime in MCU and that's a fact

MCU literally has thanos attack in the end of Thor Ragnarok to connect the death of Odin to thanos plans taking place but no you are a brick wall.

As for Rey she was scripted as a marye sue lel they even made the Praetorian to stop
    Really you can stop posting useless videos or forum discussions they are not at all relevant.

Thanos might have been waiting for him to die might not nothing you have posted is actually part of the MCU and your word is meaningless as well again you have been wrong on every thing.

And again a badly made fight has nothing to do with Rey as a character they didn’t make the red dude stop for any in universe reason they just Thought it looked cool.

Any chance we could get back on topic with dc stuff?

I mean as much as i think tlj is meh, talking about it in a batwomen thread is an insult to it. At least star wars has actual actors acting in it and manage to have a few entertaining scenes. Batwomen started bad, ita even getting worse now.

Are you denying that Batwoman is crap with all the identity politics it has because if you do you are blind by choice
    Yep. There's a little but much less than the usual parade of idiots are claiming. There's a lot more of it in the other Arrowverse shows.

Its certainly not shitty because of identity politics. Its mediocre for other reasons.

Really you can stop posting useless videos or forum discussions they are not at all relevant.

Thanos might have been waiting for him to die might not nothing you have posted is actually part of the MCU and your word is meaningless as well again you have been wrong on every thing.

And again a badly made fight has nothing to do with Rey as a character they didn’t make the red dude stop for any in universe reason they just Thought it looked cool.
    You literally a brick wall

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infi...plan-theory/2/

Confirmed by the ruso brothers.

So you are wrong.thanos was timing his plan waiting for the people that could mess up his plans to die first.after all he is a strategist all he had to do is bid his time and wait out and attack when all the strong people were not there to fight back ,hence why he had an easy time defeating the avengers.odin could defeat him, the hell he could travel in time and undo thanos plans.plain and simple.

As for Rey when the people involved directly in your film say you are a Mary Sue it's over

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. There's a little but much less than the usual parade of idiots are claiming. There's a lot more of it in the other Arrowverse shows.

Its certainly not shitty because of identity politics. Its mediocre for other reasons.
    Explain the flop .same as Charlie's angels

7+ Year Old Account
    You literally a brick wall

https://youtu.be/vOELl35YhRk

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infi...plan-theory/2/

Confirmed by the ruso brothers.

So you are wrong.thanos was timing his plan waiting for the people that could mess up his plans to die first.after all he is a strategist all he had to do is bid his time and wait out and attack when all the strong people were not there to fight back ,hence why he had an easy time defeating the avengers.odin could defeat him, the hell he could travel in time and undo thanos plans.plain and simple.

As for Rey when the people involved directly in your film say you are a Mary Sue it's over
    sigh... i'm really not gonna humor you past this as we are way off topic.

you just posted two theory's you didn't post any sort of confirmation just things people have made up. even if you did post a link to a scene from the moive I've said a few times that it may or may not be true and that you are just not a trust worthy source which is true. there is no me being wrong in this case unless you have a time machine and go back to before you posted a bunch of obviously wrong things, comic references, and fan theory's.

as far as rey goes i don't even know who you think your debating with all i said is that shes the same as wonder woman powers/training wise and you have just been ranting against something I've never said.

If you want to be wrong about something dc related we can go back to that as its atlest on topic other wise your gonna need to find some one else to rant to.

Explain the flop .same as Charlie's angels
    Batwoman got renewed and the viewing numbers are decent. We'll call it the Transformers effect. Sometimes mediocre shows do well in spite of themselves.

Elizabeth Banks made a movie she wanted to make. It turns out people don't care about Charlie's Angels anymore. She's not the first and won't be the last film-maker to get salty about weak ticket sales.

sigh... i'm really not gonna humor you past this as we are way off topic.

you just posted two theory's you didn't post any sort of confirmation just things people have made up. even if you did post a link to a scene from the moive I've said a few times that it may or may not be true and that you are just not a trust worthy source which is true. there is no me being wrong in this case unless you have a time machine and go back to before you posted about of obviously wrong things, comic references, and fan theory's.

as far as rey goes i don't even know who you think your debating with all i said is that shes the same as wonder woman powers/training wise and you have just been ranting against something I've never said.

If you want to be wrong about something dc related we can go back to that as its atlest on topic other wise your gonna need to find some one else to rant to.
    The Ruso brothers confirm this you brick wall not any random person.

Odin dies next this happens

Rusos confirm it. It's connected by the film itself.Case dismissed

The heck avengers were saved by antman if it wasn't for him they were messed up.explsins why Captain sue was sidelined in endgame.

Again Mr I readwhatiwant when people involved directly in your film call you a Mary Sue there is no argument. Otherwise why the creator of Captain marvel would say wonderwoman was better.

I will go to batmam and say that if you want to have a strong female lead go and see all the alien films and that's how you do it. A character that is involved ,feels strong yet has weaknesses.a character that everyone can sympathize unlike the look ima woman Batwoman shitshow

also im adding this :

I think a mistake is being made by calling these characters strong. Strength comes from work, overcoming adversity and striving to better yourself. You aren't strong when you can already do everything and just shrug everything off. I appreciate seeing actually strong female characters who actually have to work through something, like Ripley, having to fight, having to face that queen despite the fact you know she's terrified of these aliens, as you see when she's having nightmares at the beginning of the movie. Having female characters who start out being "strong" and then they have no faults, make no actual mistakes and don't have to work for what they get is a disservice to women everywhere and I believe it does more harm than good, telling us we need to be that perfect to be considered strong. No. Strength can only come by conquering your own weakness just like courage only comes when you're afraid. These characters aren't strong, they're poorly written examples of wish fulfillment. I'll take a female character who starts out weak, or who has even stereotypical female weaknesses they have to overcome over these characters any day of the weak! Give me a character who whines about cramps, takes a Pamprin and then forces herself to move on. Might sound silly, but it's far more realistic.

"Having" strong female characters isn't a problem.
    "PUSHING" strong female characters is the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Batwoman got renewed and the viewing numbers are decent. We'll call it the Transformers effect. Sometimes mediocre shows do well in spite of themselves.

Elizabeth Banks made a movie she wanted to make. It turns out people don't care about Charlie's Angels anymore. She's not the first and won't be the last film-maker to get salty about weak ticket sales.
    The problem with modern female characters is that they are usually perfect. They’re good at everything for no reason. Rey can use the Force like a Jedi master with almost no training, and no Force sensitivity that we’re aware of. Michael Burnham knows the jobs of everyone on the ship better than everyone on the ship — as it is, Captain Pike seems to have to get her permission to captain. In Ghostbusters 2016, the women only failed if the plot required it, or if they were using it for comic effect. There was no work involved in Carol Danvers becoming Captain Marvel; she just stood in front of a jet engine. Now, she’s the most powerful being in the MCU, possibly more powerful than Thanos.

What Hollywood doesn’t realize is that this is showing their own sexism, because they’re saying that a woman can’t become great on their own, and can’t work to become great; she has to be born amazing, and has the power of plot, as Michael Burnham seems to be the only one who knows any of the answers to the problem, or that Captain Marvel has whatever powers the plot needs her to have, to show how amazing she is. They also have to trumpet and crow about how diverse and progressive they are, for what amounts to hijacking a male-dominated franchise, and forcibly putting women in it, as if they won’t survive in their own franchises - you see how badly Alita: Battle Angel was received, and how much people hate Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley. It’s as if they can’t just let the work speak for itself. They have to shine the Woke Signal into the air, so that the SJW Brigade knows they’re woke, even though the SJW Brigade isn’t the group, for the most part, that shows up to movies, or that pays six dollars a month to watch one show that barely puts in an effort to be good, and tries to sail along on diversity and on blaming “toxic fans” for their failure. It should be noted that “fan” is short for “fanatic”. We are, not only, devoted to our favorite franchises, but, we are also devoted to their quality. When they are hijacked to promote a Woke agenda (cue the “LGBT-1000”, because Linda Hamilton playing the same character for forty years - who, I might add, is held up by ordinary people as an example of a strong female character - just ain’t Woke enough), the quality invariably suffers.
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-11-19 at 09:53 PM.

"Rey also doesn’t reach her power for no reason just like Wonder Woman she was born with them but instead of getting them from Zeus she got them from the force."

Is this...seriously your argument? Even a chosen one like Anakin and Luke failed a fuck ton...

Idk why you think using the force= a ton of power, when it clearly doesn't. Rey doesn't even have proper Jedi training, yet she beat Kylo in her first fight...

Can I fucking die yet?