Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Already looked into. Already cleared. I thought y'all loved due process, why do you want Biden arrested without due process?
    Maybe because he isn't a Russian agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I strongly doubt this is all it took for the guy to be fired.
    It's much more likely that there were a number of incidents and problems the guy raised in the past happening in the backstage before this one made him lose his job for good.

Sounds like a case of Trump derangement syndrome reaching the limit of its employer, like with Carlos Maza or those journalists who refused to stick to sports for their sports publications.
    How many critics of Trump exist on Fox News? How many Republicans in Congress are openly critical of Trump? You keep saying "left" this and "left" that, but when it comes to criticizing people on their side, the left is much more open to it than the right.

There is some ideological purity on the left when it comes to racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. I won't deny it. But the ideological purity on the right is against any kind of criticism at all. One side is against people being dicks. The other side is against people disagreeing with them at all. You tell me which is worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this illegal?

I very much doubt this man had a contractual obligation to praise the orange buffoon or otherwise risk the loss of his job.

Ok, just checked and only a few states, by law, prevent this type of discrimination.

I'd like to give the station a chance and say it was trying to cater to its audience, or rather not lose it by having a contrarian on, but this seems strictly ideological.

A safe space for a Trumpster cesspool.... the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Isn't this illegal?

I very much doubt this man had a contractual obligation to praise the orange buffoon or otherwise risk the loss of his job.

Ok, just checked and only a few states, by law, prevent this type of discrimination.

I'd like to give the station a chance and say it was trying to cater to its audience, or rather not lose it by having a contrarian on, but this seems strictly ideological.

Post 20 seems to indicate it wasn't normal employment so it probably bypasses those laws and allows him to be fired for breaking the safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-trump-913797/

The Right eats their own.

Where are all the "free speech" concern trolls when you need them eh?
    It's sickening tbh.

Any political party in a functioning representative democracy not only should but must have internal debate and opposing views. The leader of a party should in no way be treated as an apostle or act like tyrant. And no member should follow any policy without first questioning it them selves internally. All politicians and those in politics hae one duty above all others and the duty of there party and that is to ask the question of any and all policy's and directions and that is two fold, is it right? And will it actualy work as intended?

Trump aside this is Because politicians are human, presidents are human, Priministers are human, and even those with the best of intentions can make mistakes in implimentation that have negative consequences. It not good enough in those positions just to have good intentions.

There should be no room for sheep who do not question there leaders in politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    We never heard anything.
    You mean you never heard anything about it. All the shit you just spouted out has been covered multiple times here as well as by the media.

OT: From what we're seeing in Congress with the impeachment it's not at all surprising. This is what happens when too many people watch Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    How many critics of Trump exist on Fox News? How many Republicans in Congress are openly critical of Trump? You keep saying "left" this and "left" that, but when it comes to criticizing people on their side, the left is much more open to it than the right.
    Much more open? Where?
    Even violent rioters like Antifa get glowing praise and protection, where's this criticism of their side?

There is some ideological purity on the left when it comes to racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. I won't deny it.
    Even if imaginary, marginal, said in jest or many many many years old.

But the ideological purity on the right is against any kind of criticism at all. One side is against people being dicks. The other side is against people disagreeing with them at all. You tell me which is worst.
    The second, which is the left.
    They shroud themselves in moral virtue so they can label immorality on anyone who disagrees calling them "dicks".
    That's the game they play.

When I look at the right I see people like Crowder or D'Souza routinely asking for and inviting conversation and disagreement.
    When I look at the left I see them chanting outside to disrupt or outright cancel the event.

You tell me which is the side open to criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

You shoud try harder in your propaganda OP. This almost as sad as you laughing at 9/11 victims.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you heard "oh nothing happened, it's all good" and you believed that. We need to look into it, we need to investigate the company and all the people around it. We need phone calls transcripts. We're not gonna just ask Biden lackeys if they think whether something was wrong or not. Might as well just ask the criminal if he thinks he did something wrong.

"Ah it was all-natural you know, he just thought this guy was corrupt (out of all the corrupt people in Ukraine, this guy was suddenly worth holding billions, all Ukraine had to do was to fire him and Ukraine would suddenly be good enough for billions in aid, all what's wrong in Ukraine was this guy!) and needed to be fired before billions of dollars are sent to Ukraine .. you know that's all good you know". And you believe that? How naive you are?
    A) This topic isn't even on Biden.

B) The information has been available to you for months. The investigation had been inactive for a year, before he was fired with the support of other world leaders for known corruption. Yes he actually was corrupt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#34e60ae23938

C) This is at best a conspiracy theory meant to somehow make extortion acceptable. It's absurd and makes for an awful talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Isn't this illegal?

The joys of "at will employment" you can be fired at any time for nearly any reason. There are just a handful of protected things that you can't get fired for but if your boss is not stupid they will just fire you for some other random thing and it's very difficult to prove otherwise unless your employer is stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I look at the right I see people like Crowder or D'Souza routinely asking for and inviting conversation and disagreement.
    Are you really using Birther, "Burn the Jews", Dinesh as a figure inviting conversation and disagreement? I guess I don't understand how this shtick works....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Looks like he was not fired for that.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/11/...p-impeachment/

On Sunday night Brian Taylor, the Regional Vice President and General Manager of Salem Media Group, held a press conference with other radio hosts about the situation.

“No one was fired,” Taylor explained. “Actually Craig is an independent contractor, and that agreement still remains in effect.”

“Our hosts have the freedom to express their opinions on current events based on their own personal convictions,” Taylor explained. “This goes for all of our hosts, including Mr. Silverman. Any suggestion to the contrary is simply untrue.”

Taylor said Silverman was never fired, and the issue was about him speaking on other media channels. He added that Silverman is an independent contractor, and can speak for other media, but they had simply asked him not to.

“We asked Craig to not appear there because we consider him an important part of our team and we prefer that he not work for a competitor,” Taylor explained. “He decided it was important to work across town, and so on his program on Saturday, he announced that. And that’s what prompted our decision to take him off air.”
    So the lefties did a fake news once again? How unusual, never happened before

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    So the lefties did a fake news once again? How unusual, never happened before
    The conservative radio host, is telling everyone he was fired. Most of the news stories appear to have the title, "radio host says". But the fake news is the lefts fault?

So, is the conservative lying or is the conservation radio station lying? Which conservative is lying again?

Yeah of all the corrupt people in Ukraine, the one investigating your son's company suddenly makes all the difference between holding billions in aid or not. And who made that call? Yup, Hunter's dad made the call on whether the guy needed to be fired and whether the US foreign policy must be put on the line to fix the one corrupt thing about Ukraine, the guy investigating the company your son is on (why is he on it? I don't know, how do people with 0 experience get to be on a board of executives while getting paid millions, I'm pretty sure there is nothing fishy there ...)
    Again this story has been in the news for months and years. Again wrong topic. Again still a conspiracy theory with no evidence. Worst case scenario son was hired for them hoping for access to dad. Anything outside outside that is a conspiracy theory. Amazing how this conspiracy is being peddled not while it was happening, but YEARS afterwards as an excuse to again make extortion acceptable. Especially now that someone (Trump) has ACTUALLY done what you suggest and inappropriately leveraged funds and the defense is- Biden did it too so it's okay.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2019-11-19 at 10:10 PM.

Racism, fascism, bigotry, religious zealotry, etc, are not "opposing opinions".

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Sure, the left tends to swat aside opposing opinions too, but there is a stark difference of degrees here. The age of Trump has seen a culling of the conservative movement to preserve ideological purity. What was a very diverse platform a decade ago has become a closely guarded cult that surrounds itself with friendly media and lashes out against any perceived threat internal or external.

Was this particular guy off the deep end? Sure, quite possibly. Most conservative radio hosts are, the "Bravery, courage, monsters at the door, etc, etc" rhetoric is pretty standard to all of them. I am not defending him in any way, I find it amusing how fast he is shunned from the clubhouse when he starts questioning the President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Racism, fascism, bigotry, religious zealotry, etc, are not "opposing opinions".
    Yeah remember the days where living as your authentic self and actively calling for the extermination of ethnic and sexual minorities weren't viewed as like...ideologically equivalent opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah remember the days where living as your authentic self and actively calling for the extermination of ethnic and sexual minorities weren't viewed as like...ideologically equivalent opinions?
    Has there ever been a time when people with reprehensible views didn't try to hide behind some variation of "it's just my opinion, bro!"

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Are you really using Birther, "Burn the Jews", Dinesh as a figure inviting conversation and disagreement? I guess I don't understand how this shtick works....
    It's simple: you invite debate rather than stifling and disrupting it. Regardless of who's speaking.

That's how it works... cute demonization attempt though.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Has there ever been a time when people with reprehensible views didn't try to hide behind some variation of "it's just my opinion, bro!"
    It has gotten markedly worse in recent years, and I blame that in no small part on what a lot of folks are calling the 'South Park' mindset: political activism of any kind, in such a mindset, is annoying preaching regardless of its ideological substance.

What this actually results in is a situation in which serious or necessary activism is mocked, while subversive and dangerous activism is permitted. Sound familiar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It has gotten markedly worse in recent years, and I blame that in no small part on what a lot of folks are calling the 'South Park' mindset: political activism of any kind, in such a mindset, is annoying preaching regardless of its ideological substance.
    Gosh, it's almost as if nonsensical rabble doomsaying is scoffled by the normal folk.

Your ideological substance matters little when it's clad with insanity and seeing racism everywhere.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple: you invite debate rather than stifling and disrupting it. Regardless of who's speaking.

That's how it works... cute demonization attempt though.
    I'm all for healthy debates between people with opposing ideas, but there are just some instances where it's either better not to bother because you know the other side isn't interested in arguing in good faith, or their ideas are so abhorrent to human decency it's better not to give them a platform; and I feel that was more Nurot's point, hyperbole aside.