Thread: Reserving items

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Most stuff was unknown for the majority of the player base. So coming here say that reserved items was all over the place is just a big BS.
    Coming here and pretending vanilla only lasted a week so the earliest days are ALL anyone did is what's bullshit.

Despite your repeated attempts to poison the well and claim anyone who disagrees with you is a "retard", you're the one rewriting history. People used reservations in vanilla. It wasn't uncommon in pugs. I remember it clearly, because I remember refusing to ever heal those groups.

And DKP? What, you think random pugs set up DKP. Fuck no.

Bury yourself in denial and revisionist history if you want, but it'd be nice constantly call other people "retarded" or "spoiled elitist" just because they don't buy into your fantasy rewrite history.

I'm a tank. I pug groups, and I run with guildies.

The only thing I've ever reserved (in a pug), and will continue to reserve (in a pug), is Foror's Compendium of Dragonslaying.

It is literally the only reason I run the dungeon. If you don't like that I'm making my own group, filling said group, tanking the run for the entire group, and not rolling on anything else yet reserving the Book, then fine, don't run with me. IDGAF. Plenty of people will. All of you saying "oh I put you on IGNORE if you reserve something". Cool, didn't care before, won't care after.

I'm fine with reserves if people are upfront about it. I get it. I've been there. I've ran a dungeon 40+ times and ready to be done with it. The only time I disapprove is if it's done shadily.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    You can also do what Asmond does, become a streamer and get your flunky followers to run with you and take everything for yourself.

I stopped caring about Classic really. The retail modern thought of min/maxing and BiS calculations sort of killed the vibe for me. That and the damn 3 mages always asking me to tank SM when I log in. NO I AM NOT DOING 100 SM RUNS IN A ROW PISS OFF! And every damn dps in the game wanting a princess run because BiS bro! Who the hell cares.

I really dislike that mentality and it sort of killed the vibe of what made classic fun. I guess Ion was right, we thought we did but we didn't.

Except that you know... almost every server being high pop or full.... kinda shows we did and we do...

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I guess Ion was right, we thought we did but we didn't.
    "I stopped caring, I really dislike, I am not..." Lots of I's.

Then you jump directly into "we". Nah bruh, you thought you did, but you didn't. I thought I did, and I did.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-11-19 at 10:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    ~snip~I am even upfront with it, as I tell people after Ramstein that I will put on ML to ensure my treasure, should I just change to ML just before baron dies?
    Sounds like you're doing it right with one exception. At the same time you are explaining that you are reserving the Chest piece from Baron, include in the same explanation that you will be using ML to enforce this. That way people don't spend that time going through the instance with you and then observe what could seem to be a sneaky tactic immediately before the final boss.

Make sure this explanation is clearly stated in [B]typed[B] chat as well; not in voice comms. This helps others feel reassured by having it in writing. (How much security that provides in reality however, I don't know.)

Another more obvious option, though I don't see those snidely suggesting it acknowledging that it is also the most time consuming; is to simply find a group of people who share an interest in repeatedly clearing Stratholme.

Such people are probably most easily chosen from those you've already run with and who already know your intentions.
    Better still if you could find individuals who have specific pieces of gear they would like.
    Most importantly, members of this group should be willing to run until everyone in the agreement has acquired the item they want. For the sake of not spending your life in strath, I would exclude the mount from reservation.

You already know plenty who would like the cape. Guaranteed there are several hunters who would love a set of Bone Slicing Hatchets. Perhaps there's a holy pally who would like the pants or just wants help with their mount quest for their part. Lots of goodies lots of people would like, finding people for a repeat group should take minimal effort.

Then you and your 4 new comrades add eachother to friends list and establish some time, maybe even regularly, to meet up and attempt to farm the items you all want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Just explicitly type out and maybe reiterate to reassure the others the rules of your party, and people will be assured that you have to follow them. Idk if Blizzard is still fully supporting classic (or retail for that matter), but the rule of thumb has always been that whatever is typed out in chat is how loot disputes get resolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt matter who have it bigger. Mine is big enough.

If you seen 100x just mean you played in a server full of useless players who cant get their s...t done.

Doesnt change the fact that reserving items is retarded. Running a dungeon with people that cant loot stuff its just selfish and dumb.

Do the right thing and invite people that dont need the loot.
    People who won't join a party with a reserved item don't need the loot. That's why they joined even though they knew there was a res.

It's no different than forming a party and just not taking any other casters/melee than yourself so you're guaranteed the item you want if it drops.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Dont reserve, just play the game, be fair, dont be a dick!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, you can and should reserve whatever the fuck you want. The peasants are there to get you that loot and whatever dumb shit they want from there. If they don't want to deal with your reservation, they can go back to waiting for a group. This is the Law of the Universe, something not invoked in too long. Far too long.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the same because the second isnt running the dungeon.

I did played classic for nostalgia. One night decided to join a late night party to gnomeregan to heal (i was feral) because the guys asked so much.
    Then the druid tank reserved the 2h mace because he was tanking. I only agreed to it because I knew I wasnt going to play classic much more.

Im pretty sure many people reseve items and someone else need it too.

Its lame.
    If you were healing the dungeon you shouldn't be rolling on feral gear anyways.

Rolling outside your party role is lame. Reserving gear saves time and hassle for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Dont reserve, just play the game, be fair, dont be a dick!
    Reserving items is as fair as you can get. If you don't want to join the res run then you're in no way obligated to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    I wouldn't join a pug or waste my time in a group where someone is going to ML Baron's loot. Especially since you do it once people are there running the dungeon instead of informing them from the start. That just screams sketchy.

I personally don't care how much you promised to be fair. It's your group, ofc, but I'm not gonna set myself up to see a rare mount get ninja'd.
    Agreed. Baron is a special case because of the mount, which causes a host of issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I played this game yes I did. Never saw any retarded reserve crap. Not in dungeons and not in raids...dkp remember?

Thats it. Reserved items are lame and for the retarded new wave of spoiled elitists.
    Your experience does not equal everyone's experience. Servers varied greatly across the game in Vanilla, and even more is US vs EU servers.

You probably never knew about soloing DM Tribute runs back then either but that doesn't mean people weren't routinely doing them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Stopped playing classic when I saw the amount of "reserved" etc. I despise this with a passion. It is not at all within the spirit of how we played during vanilla. Add to that the silliness of people saying LFG 2 mage aoe... seriously? you cant clear with just competent dps? you want to rush. Hypocrites shouting about wanting classic because of the journey of pexing only to go full ham aoe grind in instances. meh.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    And I have seen 100s and I have more days played than you....
    I play since the beginning of vanilla, and I had never seen the concept of reserving items until now in Classic. Maybe it was specific to some servers back then?

Anyways, back to topic, I would be very comfortable in most pugs to leave it on group loot, particularly for healer stuff.

I doubt someone will ninja the chest from you for offspec if you are the one healing, and generally they would ask if it is ok to need first if it is for offspec, and will gladly pass if you say you need it. Not that it is impossible, but I would agree with most pugs that they should be more concerned regarding you ninja looting the mount, then someone needing on a healing chest.

I have now been reserving items in my stratholme runs, the chest from baron himself, and when we get there I put on ML to ensure that I get it (hence why I reserved). I have seen many other people do the same thing, but people tend to get mad.

"You will ninja the mount"
    "You will ninja my cape" - I'm a druid

How do f*** do I solve this? I'm a resto druid who is tanking it so I can get that chest and I have been in 15 runs this far, and seen the cape drop several times and given it to appropriate players. I know that i'm not ninjaing but I also know that perception > reality, but I can't blame them I would be suspicious myself, any suggestions? Maybe I am even wrong and should let it be grp loot and HOPE that people pass. I am even upfront with it, as I tell people after Ramstein that I will put on ML to ensure my treasure, should I just change to ML just before baron dies?
    Well, aside from that I think "Reserving Items" is Stupid, (Which there is no point in Discussing as its just different Opinions, and people are free to Reserver stuff, and i am free not to join them) I actually find your dilemma hillarious.

You are Paranoid that someone Ninjas your Item, and you face a Paranoid group that thinks you are going to Ninja their stuff. This is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    So you're deliberately depriving yourself from a dungeon run because and item that you dont need is reserved just on pure principle?
    Yea, thats the point of Principles.
    If you dont like practices, you dont enable them. And while I dont play Vanilla, I think you can actually find enough Groups that fit your standpoints.
    Be It "Reservers" or "No Reservers", Masterlooter, or no Masterlooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Bullshit, reserves were VERY common in Vanilla.
    Depends on your Server/Region. Where I played I have never seen Reserved Items, as far as I remember.

I´m not sure in which Addon I saw that the first time, but I was rather: "WTF? This is a thing now?"

Ppl that complain abt the reserves are just mad that ppl play differently than them. They want other ppl to play how THEY think they should. Same as seeing 2 dudes kiss in public. Dont like it? Dont look at it. No ones forcing to join in.

I have now been reserving items in my stratholme runs, the chest from baron himself, and when we get there I put on ML to ensure that I get it (hence why I reserved). I have seen many other people do the same thing, but people tend to get mad.

How do f*** do I solve this? I'm a resto druid who is tanking it so I can get that chest and I have been in 15 runs this far, and seen the cape drop several times and given it to appropriate players. I know that i'm not ninjaing but I also know that perception > reality, but I can't blame them I would be suspicious myself, any suggestions? Maybe I am even wrong and should let it be grp loot and HOPE that people pass. I am even upfront with it, as I tell people after Ramstein that I will put on ML to ensure my treasure, should I just change to ML just before baron dies?
    As long as you make it perfectly clear to everyone a certain item is reserved i don't see any issue.

Personally i don't participate nor do i create runs with reserved items as a matter of principle, but that's up to me.

Im sorry?
    I dont care if guilds "do" this or "do" that.
    We talking about what people did in vanilla.

I started playing wow at launch day in europe. Or when was first available on my country.

There wasnt even a decent database of loots at the time. There was som alkazhamwhtever name it had, and thottbot.

Most stuff was unknown for the majority of the player base. So coming here say that reserved items was all over the place is just a big BS.

Im glad I dont play classic because its nothing like vanilla.

I had a girlfriend, a job and a dog at the time and was already with 23+ years old.

With that life I raided till I stoped playing at mis naxx. Got rank champion in pvp and had all the gear I could wish for. That with a living. More than that was for unployed or students.

Came back to TBC and raided sunwell with muru kill before nerf. Also managed 3 arena drakes and reached 200k honor kills before wotlk.

I played this game yes I did. Never saw any retarded reserve crap. Not in dungeons and not in raids...dkp remember?

Thats it. Reserved items are lame and for the retarded new wave of spoiled elitists.

Have fun playing a game you like, but stop pretending the world started to spin when you were born.

Thanks.

And I don't care what you did!

I played at the start of Vanilla as well, actually a bit before you since even though I am from EU i had US account at 1st!!!!

Yes there were not much info, addons came later so what!!! People new where certain item drop ( there was a beta and alpha test you do know that )!!!

No it wasn't, like i said there was beta testing. Also there were site, one you mentioned and other was thottbot or something like that!

'm glad you don't play classic as well....

I had a girlfriend, job, was on last year of college so what! Like that is something important.

Wow, with that life... You are joking right!?

You played this game so did I, I can show you how many days i have across all characters, probably some 600+ if not more, and i have seen reserving items, many many many times..

New wave! Hahahaa you are funny....

No im not, you are the one pretending. So take care and enjoy retail shit...

Funny story: When I started playing classic in 2005 on my server it was totally normal to switch to masterloot in dungeons and the party leader distributed the items for everyone. Every group on horde side did this and nobody ever complained. Now that I remember this I don't understand why we did it tho

Ye. Classic is awsome.

Thats why I cant find anyone from my vanilla time playing it. Not that people enjoy repeating their lifes over and over.

And thats why you play it. Because you didnt at the time maybe. Not in a meaningful way for sure.

Maybe I didnt saw anyone reserving loots at the time because I was playing with adults and not 12 years old.
    Half of my list that didnt played in BfA or played for few months is now playing on Classic. I know at least 20 people from pirate servers that are back to classic now after 10+ years of not playing.

And like I said, i probably have more hours/days than you spent on this game. Before TBC started i had 7 lvl60 characters half of them have done full AQ40, I admit I havent killed a single boss in Naxx but thats not important.

So was I, it was a normal thing to reserve things, it happened a lot of time, usually if you do pugs but hey, it was a normal thing. And like I said, i was in raids where people raid would reserve only one thing and rest would be free4all and guild members wouldn't roll for items, only if everyone passes. To me that is a fair thing and not something 12 year old would do!!!!

You need to tell people before the dungeon starts that you will put ML on in the end before baron. Then they can accept it or leave. But you need to say it from the start. Not right before baron. Of course people are going to think that you will ninja loot the mount. I would think that too if I didn’t know you.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-21 at 03:51 PM.