Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    hunter class is fked unless they revert MM to legion and SV to mop. never seen a class so gutted in my life.
    Its not just talents and stuff, look at this itens tha'ts gonna be in 8.3:

Faralos, Empire's Dream(1H sword): Your damaging abilities build stacks of Searing Flames. When you reach 30 stacks, exhale a Searing Breath, dealing damage equal to 5% of your health to all targets in front of you.

Vorzz Yoq'al (1H mace): Gain Void Ritual, giving your spells and abilities a chance to increase all secondary stats by 10 every sec for 20 sec. This chance is increased if at least 2 nearby allies also have Void Ritual.

Whispering Eldritch Bow: Your auto-shots reduce the remaining cooldown of a random Hunter ability by 1.0 sec.

Someone at Blizz really hates hunters, there's no other explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Taylormade2711 View Post
    is there anything else you would like to see come back to the class or specs?
    Give back original gun sound or I riot.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want MoP BM back. Hunters have sucked ever since.

The instant spam spec they call BM we have now just isn't fun imo. BM needs some form of cast time ability like Steady Shot or similar.

And yes please, give back Kill Shot. I like having my playstyle change as the fight progresses.

Honestly at this point i would like all 3 specs to go back to a MoP style all of them where so much fun to play even if its a MoP light.
    Also Mop tranq shot please removing one enrage and one magic effect as a baseline hunter ability and not tied to a pet was real nice.

I don’t really want Hunters Mark as baseline or even in the game.
    It’s a pretty damn boring ability, yes it’s good against stealth but we already have flare.

I would personally prefer a baseline burst aoe for every spec:

MM: Barrage
    BM: Stampede
    SURV: Haven’t played much survival but I guess Butchery

BM should really start interacting more with their pets again, just like in WoD.

Frenzy stacks that grants (pet)focus/ranged attack speed + attack power
    Cobra shots that grant Cobrastrikes (100% crit) for the pet's next basic attack
    Auto-shots crits granting Focus to the pet

Something like that, that stuff was rather cool, even though I wasn't as fond of it back then. But BFA BM is much worse and I can see the benefits from having more interactions.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-23 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I don’t really want Hunters Mark as baseline or even in the game.
    It’s a pretty damn boring ability, yes it’s good against stealth but we already have flare.

I would personally prefer a baseline burst aoe for every spec:

MM: Barrage
    BM: Stampede
    SURV: Haven’t played much survival but I guess Butchery
    explosive shots aoe from wotlk for burst aoe and the old multi shot with serpent sting built it. one can dream :/

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Im pretty stoked to see kill shot back for sure having reliable base ability execute damage is really nice.
    As for Hunters mark and eyes of the beast its kinda meh
    As long as the duration of mark is long enough so i don't have to re apply it on bosses
    Or just make it a passive effect that triggers on its own maybe have it do different things depending on if it was triggered by a aoe or single target ability.

Main thing i used to use eyes of the beast for was to rp walk as a lvl 1 mob in starter areas to trick new lvl ones to flag them selves for pvp so i could kill them when i was bored or to take boss kill screenshots as i could get a better camera angle with my pet which could be nice

Things i hope to see change in shadowlands that is hunter specific
    Game play things.
    Bring back ranged SV having a slightly bursty dot based spec was a ton of fun and it was a rather relaxing spec to play.
    Offensive traps for all specs would be nice to spice things up a little tho i only really miss explosive trap.
    Bring back some form of pet training so i can just train my choice of pet as i see fit ( kinda more of a cosmetic thing as i like to make my pet match my mog but as BM hunter your pretty much stuck with spirit beasts cause of there overall toolkit )
    I would also love a fully mobile MM spec again.

Cosmetic things.
    Quivers and ammo pouches
    Some sort of weapon glow for ranged weapons / maybe some cool looking tracer lines or something i have all these cool weapon glows i cant use for anything.
    Removal of the spec restrictions for the artifact weapons as the MM artifact bow i still one of the best looking bows ever added to the game.

Oh and overall revert the GCD back to how it was in legion the change sucks not just for hunters but for everyone
    This was so much fun.

Unfortunately it all ended in WotLK. When you tamed a pet, it was automatically put at 5 levels below yours. (80 = 75)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The Hunter class should be reduced to 2 specs. A ranged and a melee.

The ranged should be a precise sniper with hard hitting abilities with long cast time and low mobility.

The melee should be high pace with great utility and a complex rotation.
    So just completely remove the most popular DPS spec in the game's history and replace it with nothing? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    So just completely remove the most popular DPS spec in the game's history and replace it with nothing? Why?
    It’s only popular because it is extremely easy to play with good performance. People need to be pushed out of their comfort zones and try specs with actual mechanics. Main BM hunters are not really playing the game.. they are just going through the content on auto pilot

It’s only popular because it is extremely easy to play with good performance. People need to be pushed out of their comfort zones and try specs with actual mechanics. Main BM hunters are not really playing the game.. they are just going through the content on auto pilot
    There is nothing wrong with that. This is an MMORPG, not a competitive "must-be-the-best" game. Even in those games (CS:GO, LoL, DotA2), that mentality leads to extreme toxicity.

If that spec is not for you, don't play it - you have the wonderful choice of actually choosing what you want to have with in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    There is nothing wrong with that. This is an MMORPG, not a competitive "must-be-the-best" game. Even in those games (CS:GO, LoL, DotA2), that mentality leads to extreme toxicity.

If that spec is not for you, don't play it - you have the wonderful choice of actually choosing what you want to have with in this game.
    Nah BM is a bit too brain dead to be honest. It's fine to have a spec for low IQ players, but BM is taking the simplicity too far

While BM is a forgiving ranged spec in terms of movement, I beg to differ.
    BM has more rotational binds than all but 1 melee spec, and still more than half the ranged specs.
    It's an easy spec to pick up, but judging by Warcraft logs, only a small % of players come even close to playing it well.
    While the meme of "BM is derp easy LuL" is hilarious, it's objectively false.

Heck even MM isn't much harder to play, only 1 ability even requires you to stand still anymore; every single other ability can be used on the move and doesn't require any pet management outside of M+ utility.
    If MM had the AoE of BM, it would be a lot more popular in my opinion. Can't speak for SV, haven't touched it since Cataclysm?

That's certainly not the only reason. BM was still popular even when other hunter specs were easier (E.G. Survival in WoD). And BM isn't any easier rotationally than most other ranged DPS specs. The reason it's popular are many

1. It's always been the best spec for leveling so people tend to stick with it.
    2. It's the only fully mobile ranged spec in the game (note that when Survival was also fully mobile was basically the only time in history that BM wasn't the most popular spec)
    3. People just like pets

In any case wanting the game's most popular spec removed because you personally don't find it challenging enough is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

That's certainly not the only reason. BM was still popular even when other hunter specs were easier (E.G. Survival in WoD). And BM isn't any easier rotationally than most other ranged DPS specs. The reason it's popular are many

2. It's the only fully mobile ranged spec in the game (note that when Survival was also fully mobile was basically the only time in history that BM wasn't the most popular spec)
    3. People just like pets

In any case wanting the game's most popular spec removed because you personally don't find it challenging enough is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
    Wouldn’t really try discussing this with him/her. Kaver has had a hate boner for BM since I first started seeing his/her posts. Nothing you bring up will change Kaver’s mind, let alone trying to point out there is more management with BM than most melee specs to be played optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wouldn’t really try discussing this with him/her. Kaver has had a hate boner for BM since I first started seeing his/her posts. Nothing you bring up will change Kaver’s mind, let alone trying to point out there is more management with BM than most melee specs to be played optimally.
    He has all but open contempt for Hunters in general, unless you play melee Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    While BM is a forgiving ranged spec in terms of movement, I beg to differ.
    BM has more rotational binds than all but 1 melee spec, and still more than half the ranged specs.
    It's an easy spec to pick up, but judging by Warcraft logs, only a small % of players come even close to playing it well.
    While the meme of "BM is derp easy LuL" is hilarious, it's objectively false.

Heck even MM isn't much harder to play, only 1 ability even requires you to stand still anymore; every single other ability can be used on the move and doesn't require any pet management outside of M+ utility.
    If MM had the AoE of BM, it would be a lot more popular in my opinion. Can't speak for SV, haven't touched it since Cataclysm?
    Mate everyone knows that BM is brain dead easy. The only thing about BM which comes close to a mechanic is barbed shot. And that is handled by having a weakaura in the middle of the screen that tells you when to press the button. Otherwise the spec is just about using stuff on CD while refraining yourself from spamming cobra shot (BM hunters call this a “mechanic” LuL)

- - - Updated - - -

3. People just like pets

Dude let’s just be honest. BM is popular because it is playing WoW on easy mode. It’s created for people who have no ability to multitask.

People who play BM are they same ones who use cheat codes in single player games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Dude that’s mean. I love hunter. It was my main in vanilla. I just cannot stand BM because it’s just a ranged auto attack “spec”. I wouldn’t even call it a spec to be honest. It’s more like tutorial mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    He has all but open contempt for Hunters in general, unless you play melee Survival.
    Nah I love hunter. BM is just a brain dead spec. I cannot change that fact

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than talking about what abilities I'd like to get back, or play styles I'd like to see return, I'd like to see how Hunters physically appear be addressed. I want to see hunters garbed in the kind of armour you would hunt in....something sleek make from animal pelts or the like, that doesn't have enormous shoulder pieces (never understood why a hunter would be wearing chain mail anyways). I want to see visible quivers and ammo pouches. I want to see updated models of the classic/TBC era pets (Lynx, lean wolves etc). I want to see more visual love for the Hunter class, as it's been sorely lacking for the last few expansions. Having the effort put in here, in addition to returning some of the pruned out abilities, would be massive in helping folks re-immerse in their Hunter toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I miss the WOTLK survival hunter, with black arrow, explosive shot, armor pen, etc. those were the best of times for me as a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I only wish for one thing.
    Some sort of quiver model that we could transmog onto our back slot.
    Yeap, please blizz give us quivers I hate that there are many awesowe bows and I can't have quiver to it. I know about artifact but its locked to it and its boring.