Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    As I've explained numerous times in this thread already: A 2 item level increase is more than a small amount of stats. It's also a huge increase to Azerite Essences because they scaled based off the level of your neck.
    It's also a 2% increase to the necks stats, unlike the linear increase to Concordance. Concordance suffered fairly sizeable diminishing returns pretty quickly. +2 iLvl gives the same return every time.

As I've explained numerous times in this thread already: A 2 item level increase is more than a small amount of stats. It's also a huge increase to Azerite Essences because they scaled based off the level of your neck.
    No, it's not really a huge amount, and it simply doesn't matter. Sorry, but as said before: there's never the issue where you needed the 0.X% dps more, since coordination-issues will not be solved by it. And it's about specifically ap-grinding, not the thing you get naturally. And i think that when Artefact Knowledge stops (yes, i know it's azerite knowledge, but who cares), then this will be the case. And sorry, but then it simply doesn't matter anymore. Especially when you could do other things that increase your dps more than the additional 2 ilvl on a minor slot of the necklace or the few points more from the essences. Because it simply doesn't matter.

Because then you should rather level an alt to make him raid-ready to be more flexible. Bring fare more than grinding this thing up.

I've legit never come across people asking for my HoA to be a certain level nor have I had to grind out the neck. I've been 70 for about 2 months now and all I did was weekly 10 m+, emissaries and weekly island cap. I started playing again after months of on and off playing aka logging in for about 5 minutes then logging out/doing emissaries.

Y'all just straight up have no willpower to restrict yourself or the common sense to realise that you don't need to grind the neck. 2+ ilvls an ENDLESS GRIND? really? come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Even then it's not an big issue: as long as Artefact Knowledge is increasing, you get naturally faster levels, and when it stops there will be quickly a big gap where AP are no longer worth the hassle. Yes, 80-100 is a big gap, but i doubt that such a big gap will be the case. Because without additional Artefact/Azerite/Whatever Knowledge, the grind goes quickly uphill. If the grind is really endless, then yes, after a few levels the AP-Requirements are so hard, that it's simply not worth to get it anymore.

Don't forget: you still get natural ap, and most players will have it then on a level where getting additional ap is by far not worth the hasse, and having 2 ilvl more simply doesn't matter. As you said: it's only an issue if there is a quantity of levels to gain easily. But that will not be the case. And when you reach the soft cap, i don't believe that after 85 grinding for knowledge is worth it, because it doesn't matter anymore. You still get ap naturally, all over that is too much, and it's not worth the hassle. So yes, it's simply don't matter.
    Ya, it really comes down to blizz keeping it in such a way that levels become exponentially steeper after AK ends. Unfortunately, I can see Blizz not doing this, since they explicitly point out you can continue to level it for 2ilvls. What I worry will happen, is blizzard adjusting the curve to be linear, and a very tiny linear line at that. If they do indeed keep it scaling exponentially, then I don't understand why they don't implement a hard cap instead,

Are you actually that dense? The best example is the Vision minor which is increased .3% every neck level. That's a huge increase, the reality is that you refuse to acknowledge it. It is strong, that's the bottom line fact.
    Nice meme. 0.3% CDR on a 3 minute CD is literally half a second. Assuming above 50IQ CD usage you'd have to farm like 40 neck levels for you to see any tangible difference. I guess if you want to be #1 on WoWProgress' SimDPS ranking 1day before the next patch launches, go ahead, but you'd still get beat by someone who has +5 ilvl on their weapon and a socket or two more than you.

If people didn't spend time farming full 455 socket gear from m+ for a much larger gain than this, why would they bother with this?
    Last edited by apustus; 2019-11-20 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    try playing some alts.. good luck not going insane
    Well let's see ... I have at least one character of every class at 120 and I at least occasionally do end-game content on them all. What am I supposed to take away from playing alts? Because AP capping anything I play enough for it to matter is easy AF. If you're worried about capping AP on characters you don't raid mythic on or do keys at 15+ or do PvP above 2100, that is a you problem, not an AP problem.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Ya, it really comes down to blizz keeping it in such a way that levels become exponentially steeper after AK ends. Unfortunately, I can see Blizz not doing this, since they explicitly point out you can continue to level it for 2ilvls. What I worry will happen, is blizzard adjusting the curve to be linear, and a very tiny linear line at that. If they do indeed keep it scaling exponentially, then I don't understand why they don't implement a hard cap instead,
    Because then AP-Grind would actually matter again, and no thanks, i want it to stop. Since it grows exponentially, you can still do it, but you can also watch paint dry and would be as effective. So yes, while your system would make it better, i like it that way, since then you don't need to grind at all.

Its an illusion, the endless grind still there.

False alarm, its just ilvl now instead of corruption reduction.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    It literally is an endless grind.
    You literally shouldn't play an MMO if you find all reward systems to be a grind. It's literally bad for your health. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Nice meme. 0.3% CDR on a 3 minute CD is literally half a second. Assuming above 50IQ CD usage you'd have to farm like 40 neck levels for you to see any tangible difference. I guess if you want to be #1 on WoWProgress' SimDPS ranking 1day before the next patch launches, go ahead, but you'd still get beat by someone who has +5 ilvl on their weapon and a socket or two more than you.

If people didn't spend time farming full 455 socket gear from m+ for a much larger gain than this, why would they bother with this?
    I think he means the minor, that's actually a passive and increase your mastery and therefore your dps, but even if it was a passive increase that not getting nerfed in the next patch, i still simply do not matter. You can easily get an increase in much smaller timeframe, and you still get naturally AP, so an infinite progression just for the 2 ilvl on a neck piece that's a minor slot + empowerment of essences is simply not worth the time. Compared to the infinite trait that reduce corruption this simply doesn't matter at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nice to hear. Maybe I will actually be able to play a couple of long forgotten alts now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the problem with development in general(with raiding specifically). They design Mythic encounters way too hard for the average Mythic raider to do, then heavily gut the encounter months later. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to say fuck off to, literally, the .01% of raiding guilds and design content to be accessible with middle ground being between the overtuned mess and the heavily gut nerfs they later do? In the progress they kill the Mythic race which has been a "concern" they talk about, but never actually take good steps towards getting rid of.
    And as I've explained

The 2 ilvl increase compared to corruption resistance is negligible

But again people won't care about the grind if the main reason (corruption resistance) is removed

It will get to a point where a single neck level will take 500k AP meaning tons of farming which ppl won't give a shit about because instead of farming AP they will have time to do things like clear +15s for a larger increase or do visions so they can equip the corrupted piece that is a larger increase than .3%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I've legit never come across people asking for my HoA to be a certain level nor have I had to grind out the neck. I've been 70 for about 2 months now and all I did was weekly 10 m+, emissaries and weekly island cap. I started playing again after months of on and off playing aka logging in for about 5 minutes then logging out/doing emissaries.

Y'all just straight up have no willpower to restrict yourself or the common sense to realise that you don't need to grind the neck. 2+ ilvls an ENDLESS GRIND? really? come on...
    I'm going to try and explain this relatively simple concept

Currently the neck doesn't really matter past the final essence slot

In 8.3 the infinite trait adds corruption reduction

Corruption plays 2 roles
    1. Limiting the amount of corrupted gear you can wear
    2. As a mechanic in nyalotha raid

So the more ranks you had in the corruption trait the stronger your character could be and the better you would perform in the n'zoth encounters

So currently you won't see people asking for neck levels because the mechanic that makes it matter doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Well let's see ... I have at least one character of every class at 120 and I at least occasionally do end-game content on them all. What am I supposed to take away from playing alts? Because AP capping anything I play enough for it to matter is easy AF. If you're worried about capping AP on characters you don't raid mythic on or do keys at 15+ or do PvP above 2100, that is a you problem, not an AP problem.
    nobody wants to farm essences on more than 2-3 characters

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    And as I've explained

The 2 ilvl increase compared to corruption resistance is negligible

But again people won't care about the grind if the main reason (corruption resistance) is removed

It will get to a point where a single neck level will take 500k AP meaning tons of farming which ppl won't give a shit about because instead of farming AP they will have time to do things like clear +15s for a larger increase or do visions so they can equip the corrupted piece that is a larger increase than .3%
    There is no "compared to" it was both, now it's just one, so they didn't remove the endless grind they just nerfed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yay? I guess, I just ignore the AP grind, my AP power is what it is.
    This, but that being said i lvld a few alts with korraks, and now the neck is completely useless until i get 40 or so lvls into it... any catch up mechanism there? or just the regular grind so its gonna take forever to equip any sort of decent azerite armor? What a shit system, i sure asf hope they bring nothin like it to shadowlands

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    They agreed that the endless grind need to stop somewhere.
    they are listening to the playerbase. about fucking time.

That sucks, I like endless caps

Imagine being so bored that you grind for hundreds of hours for +2 item levels on your neck piece.... lol

It is kind of silly this. You would have practically been done with it anyway, just getting some tiny upgrade from each point which would be meaningless, since it would be something that would take some time to get to anyway.

Having some sort of progression is actually an incentive to play. I see it in the patches as well. Whenever people got to 50, 70 they played a lot less, fewer guildies/friends to do mythic+ with etc. If this happened in Legion it would have made more sense, because you had more to do outside getting AP; Mage Tower, Legendaries, Artifact Weapon Skins etc.

I guess the Legendary Cloak change is an okay compromise. And the heart getting upgraded infinitely. The visions better be good.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-20 at 02:53 AM.

It's pretty simple:

NO CATCH UP MECHANICS FOR MAINS
    >>>You wanna play at a higher level? Do the same work as everyone else.

CATCH UP MECHANICS FOR ALTS
    >>>Stop punishing people that play your game Blizz.

Have set caps per content patch that are reasonable.