Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If most of the playerbase gravitates to one faction then you bet your ass it's Blizzard's fault. When one faction goes neglected and forgotten, of course the other one's going to surge in popularity.

You can't just spew stupid shit like "It'S a cHoIcE" without first thinking about why large droves of players made that choice.

Blizzard could easily fix this issue by removing the queue to a realm to the players who play a faction that is underrepresented.

Blizzard is the one that created this situation. They didnt lock off realms where they saw were starting to have a faction inbalace when it was say 60-40. Then go back in and set it 'ok for now you can only make alliance or horde on these servers'. But on the same coin they didnt cause they know people want to play with friends, want to play with new and old guildmates on the server they choose and the faction they choose.

I dont remember many PvP servers in the past being truly balanced. Most were always just one way or another along with PvE servers. There were a few here or there but most were either horde or alliance even the really low pop servers.

And OP I would not go near you. Who knows were you been and what STD you have by now (if you even have one that is worth looking at)

As others have stated, yes Blizzard really should have done something to prevent one side from completely overpowering the other.

That being said, I'd love to see the faction imbalances get to bad that most PvP servers become one sided where the other side is nonexistant so that we can prove that "flying didn't kill WPvP."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Well, blizzard has been cultivating this idea that the horde is the "cool faction" for 15 years now.
    You see that in every blizzcon, every promo, every dev speech, and the various merchandise in third party sites.

Also, the majority of players used to be teenagers who usually pick the more musculine or edgy race, and call allies "gay n stuff" because reasons.
    Who over the years have grown to love their faction, because of course the game encourages them to.

Combine that with the admitedly better PvP racials the Horde have... and the exploits in WSG, and they also attract the min-maxer players, on top of the passionate ones.
    While the alliance is stuck with all the dads and noobs who couldnt care less about faction pride, and avoid PvP like the devil.

All alliance players hear is "keep yer feet on the ground" and rarely some humans whispering "for the alliance" like they are dead inside or selling drungs in a corner.
    While horde players were being bombarded by passionate NPCs shouting "for the horde" and "loktarogar" and "for the dark lady" and such, in every corner.

I know people who have the horde symbol tattoo'd on them, but cant name more that 3 horde characters, honestly.
    I enter BGs with my Horde toons and there's always people yelling "for the horde" and such.
    Even on my Ally toons, there's allies who yell "for the horde", it's ridiculous.

Of course, this is not so much the case in the retail version.
    It has been almost the opposite in the latest couple years...

But in classic, its almost as bad as it was 15 years ago.
    The initial designers either didnt understand player psychology, and couldnt predict this failure...
    Or they deliberately wanted a hunter and a prey, to keep the majority of the PvPers happy, at the cost of competitiveness.

But like i say.. some classic pvpers choose easy mode(horde), while some few prefer to pvp in hard-mode(ally).
    Cant blame them really. I wouldnt have gone easy mode hardiness, if it wasnt for a dozen RL friends who wanted alliance.
    This guy pretty much summed up the underlying issue with Blizzard entertainment, they played favorites for over 15 years, encouraged one faction over the other consistently, and then shrugged at why the opposite faction was always 'unpopular'.

Classical rule of cool stupidity of Blizzard's own design. Glad the old guard is finally gone; that said, I'm not surprised the replacements are just as inept if not worse.

Not even sure I'll stay subbed for Shadowlands, depends entirely on what my guild decides to do.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2019-11-19 at 08:03 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It definitely isn't just about names when it comes to server mergers. Maybe, for whatever dumb reason, you have strong feelings about the name of your realm. Suddenly that name gets merged. Now you feel like Blizzard directly attacked you by removing your realm's name. Maybe you hate the name of the target destination merge. Now you feel even shittier. Then, on top of that, now you have to change your name. If you can't see how that would lead to player disengagement, I don't know what to tell you. The best solution is the one they've had from the beginning: Don't acknowledge the problem and let time take its natural course.
    I agree people will feel even shittier... but honestly...? Really?

If the problems holding it back were all this minor, why not just do it? In the grand scheme of keeping the balance there, who the fuck seriously cares about the name of their server at this point? It's a server. You'll still have the old community, the same people. The one thing that's changing is just that. A couple more new faces in the community, which, outside of niche situations shouldn't be a negative for such a 'Community driven' game and playerbase. Like, I'm sorry if it comes across as an attack towards anybody, but it's just small things that don't impact the game or gameplay all that much, unless you have a raging hardon for that one small thing. Never once from Classic to BFA have I met anybody who cared a single bit about what name their server had. It was their server, period. Name doesn't change a fucking thing. I'd be perfectly fine with alienating that niche of the Community for the sake of overall balance and playability. Beggars can't be choosers, that's simply how things go. I say that as somebody who myself is in an objectively very small subcommunity in this overall playerbase. I agree with some previous posters there completely: Blizzard needs to stop being afraid of pissing off small portions of the playerbase. There are simply more pressing issues to the game sometimes than what your servername is, your character name is or similarly small problems. And yes, I do get to an extent that character names do have one certain point where it's somewhat sensible and understandable that somebody would be pissed off. But then again, that is only really an issue on RP Realms, not anywhere else.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are mods sleeping?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sure, I do agree; but to sound super playground "They started it". They laid the groundwork for this problem by not proactively adressing it, and the community did what the community always does.

And I personally don't accept the "no one could have known what would happen" excuse that people provide for Blizzard. This isn't 2005. Anyway this is all offtopic :P

Oh wait, no it isn't , got my threads mixed up.
    Haha, totally on topic, we are safe. Yeah like i said, they totally laid the foundations that caused the building to crumble - absolutely agree on that for sure. I guess one way of putting it, is they gave a 3year old kid a bag of candy, and said "hey, dont eat all of that please" and then walked away, only to return STUNNED that the bag was empty.

Players have proven time and time again that they are incapable of following guidance from publishers, and it ultimately is up to them to try and create systems that make these problems impossible in the first place.

If you are interested, look up "poka-yoke". The best example i can think of is automatic car transmissions. Early on, you could move between gears at any stage, and people would frequently go from drive into reverse, at 50km/h, shredding gears. So the system had to be made "idiot proof". Blizzard should know by now that everything they do should follow the poka-yoke method.

Why get so mad? We see dumb shit on here everyday... no need to react with such aggression.

It is a non issue on PvE servers, glad I am on the superior server type to avoid all of this.

If you're gonna call people dumb then can you at least create a neat and tidy forum post, using proper spacing after a period and the first word in the next sentence? With a post like this it's actually you that comes off as an illiterate and uneducated buffon.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    As others have stated, yes Blizzard really should have done something to prevent one side from completely overpowering the other.

That being said, I'd love to see the faction imbalances get to bad that most PvP servers become one sided where the other side is nonexistant so that we can prove that "flying didn't kill WPvP."
    Faction imbalances are already that bad. Just reading posts in this forum you see people complaining that it’s taking them crazy amounts of time and corpse running to get places.

Life must be difficult with a broken space bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    How so ? they cant force people to play one or another faction,90% of the stuff they did in the past 15 years is exactly what this retarded playerbase asked for.DEAR MOTHER OF GOOOOOOOOOOOD you're so fucking retarded it amazes me every god damn day.

Who the hell wants to play a gnome or a human in a fantasy game.Fucking imbecils.Hope u get more shit on by blizzard.

Now flag this,but keep in mind....you can suck my dick.

very short-sighted. faction-specific queues. realm merges.

who wants to play gnome or human? alliance was actually more popular in vanilla, wasn't it

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Are mods sleeping?
    Must be, I've seen people get banned for much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    I agree people will feel even shittier... but honestly...? Really?

If the problems holding it back were all this minor, why not just do it? In the grand scheme of keeping the balance there, who the fuck seriously cares about the name of their server at this point? It's a server. You'll still have the old community, the same people. The one thing that's changing is just that. A couple more new faces in the community, which, outside of niche situations shouldn't be a negative for such a 'Community driven' game and playerbase. Like, I'm sorry if it comes across as an attack towards anybody, but it's just small things that don't impact the game or gameplay all that much, unless you have a raging hardon for that one small thing. Never once from Classic to BFA have I met anybody who cared a single bit about what name their server had. It was their server, period. Name doesn't change a fucking thing. I'd be perfectly fine with alienating that niche of the Community for the sake of overall balance and playability. Beggars can't be choosers, that's simply how things go. I say that as somebody who myself is in an objectively very small subcommunity in this overall playerbase. I agree with some previous posters there completely: Blizzard needs to stop being afraid of pissing off small portions of the playerbase. There are simply more pressing issues to the game sometimes than what your servername is, your character name is or similarly small problems. And yes, I do get to an extent that character names do have one certain point where it's somewhat sensible and understandable that somebody would be pissed off. But then again, that is only really an issue on RP Realms, not anywhere else.
    Blizzard has been on record many times speaking out against realm mergers for the reasons I've mentioned. They have rarely, if ever, openly acknowledged the problem of faction imbalances on servers. It stands to reason, to the developers, the importance of character names and realm identity is greater than the downside of faction imbalance. This is one of those issues where people bitching on a forum might say merging is an "easy fix" but the developers themselves feel strongly against it.

Blizzard are to blame in some cases bacause they let everyone transfer off servers that already had unbalanced factions.
    Noggenfogger EU was congested and had queues even with many layers around 1.5 months ago, but the faction balance at that point was already 60-40 in favour of the Horde. What happened over the next couple weeks was that almost no Horde left but a lof of alliance left, by the time free realm transfer was closed the realm balance had gone to 70-30 in Horde favour.
    After Honor was added Blizzard opened free tranfers for horde only, something they should’ve done at the start. As it currently sits on Noggenfogger EU it’s still 70-30 in favour of the Horde but the critical thing is that alliance players rarely go into the world because there’s ganking squads that hunt you down using second accounts to spy on player locations.
    Me and a group of ppl from my guild go in 5-10 man groups to find pvp skrimishes around the world. Less than 10 minutes of being in a zone, any zone, we get swarmed by 60+ horde who then camp us until we’re able to get away. It’s always the same horde that find us, proof that they’re using secondary accounts to spy us out.

Faction unbalance is the death for world pvp, both for the minority who has to hide in their cities and for the majority who can’t find anyone to kill.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    How so ? they cant force people to play one or another faction,90% of the stuff they did in the past 15 years is exactly what this retarded playerbase asked for.DEAR MOTHER OF GOOOOOOOOOOOD you're so fucking retarded it amazes me every god damn day.

Who the hell wants to play a gnome or a human in a fantasy game.Fucking imbecils.Hope u get more shit on by blizzard.

Now flag this,but keep in mind....you can suck my dick.
    Mr. OP. Your thread post confuses me. Is it a question or a statement? Your statement has a ? at the end. Thus making the thread post a question.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

As a gnome main i feel attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Blizzard are to blame in some cases bacause they let everyone transfer off servers that already had unbalanced factions.
    Noggenfogger EU was congested and had queues even with many layers around 1.5 months ago, but the faction balance at that point was already 60-40 in favour of the Horde. What happened over the next couple weeks was that almost no Horde left but a lof of alliance left, by the time free realm transfer was closed the realm balance had gone to 70-30 in Horde favour.
    After Honor was added Blizzard opened free tranfers for horde only, something they should’ve done at the start. As it currently sits on Noggenfogger EU it’s still 70-30 in favour of the Horde but the critical thing is that alliance players rarely go into the world because there’s ganking squads that hunt you down using second accounts to spy on player locations.
    Me and a group of ppl from my guild go in 5-10 man groups to find pvp skrimishes around the world. Less than 10 minutes of being in a zone, any zone, we get swarmed by 60+ horde who then camp us until we’re able to get away. It’s always the same horde that find us, proof that they’re using secondary accounts to spy us out.

Faction unbalance is the death for world pvp, both for the minority who has to hide in their cities and for the majority who can’t find anyone to kill.
    I don't doubt you but how do you know these numbers?

It's foolish to go by "feeling"