Quote Originally Posted by kirblar View Post
    Belluar had a few videos going over her history and came to the conclusion that the dissonance you're seeing is a deliberate characterization where she's cold, calculating and ruthless in most circumstances, but that when she gets emotionally heated that part of her gets overwritten by impulsiveness in the moment. Which she'll then attempt to rationalize to herself later rather than taking the blame for it. He also pointed out that this characterization is consistent, but also very difficult to pick up on because of how fractured the WoW narrative is, where you have books, comics, in-game stuff and the consistency is hard to pick up on because everyone's seeing various parts that are hard to reconcile without seeing the pattern repeat over and over again.
    They simply wrote Sylvanas' character to be consistent with the source of her power.

As someone who just faction changed to Horde not along ago, and did the war campaign.. I actually really like Sylvanas. I enjoyed siding with her against Saurfang/Baine. The forums and reddit posts made me think I'd hate it, but nope. I mean, yeah, she's pretty evil and ruthless, but that's cool. A lot better than what I experienced on the alliance war campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They simply wrote Sylvanas' character to be consistent with the source of her power.
    Her source is Death, not Decay. Though there's probably some overlap in mentality between the two.

I like that the various traits tend to be actually just one thing applied to different situations. Fire is passionate, even about their anger. Earth is hard to move, even when it would be wiser to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Then give me an explanation for the discrepancies I detailed in earlier pages [...]
    Suuuch aaaas? We can't be expected to refer to specific points you made an undefined number of pages ago in a thread that grew over a thousand pages in the last two weeks. I think this is even only the second time I noticed your username.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The pilgrim?
    What do we know about this new npc in shadowlands so far?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bashing by whom?

Some guy who masturbates to Sylvanas' pictures?

What is this... ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

i say this as a person that's hated nathanos since legion, but why should anyone care about a random reddit post?

it's just one other voice in the choir of hating this wretched co-opted self-insert.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Is she air or decay? Kind of difficult to say.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She is also easily goaded into the negative fire trait.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Those are only elemental powers aren't they? Life and Death magic are a different magic altogether. And Sylvanas definitely uses Death and Necromantic magic.

In regards to the expansion and 9.0:

Looking at how little content we saw at BlizzCon and that we did not get anymore meaningful information after it, i don't believe we will get this expansion in 2020. Unless Blizzard is crazy and will release an completely unfinished product again. No way they create a proper expansion in 11 months.

And they clearly don't have anything good in their own eyes to show the playerbase, otherwise they would have used anything beneficial to boost pre purchase. This whole thing doesn't look good except for customization and the Art Team. But those alone can't carry an expansion.

If they release an unfinished product again, like BfA, its better to wait until 9.3 to buy this one. Saves precious life time and money as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will release the expansion in 2020 even if they have to cut a zone to do it. If it's not out by the date stated on the website we are all free to demand refunds on our preorders.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    In regards to the expansion and 9.0:

Looking at how little content we saw at BlizzCon and that we did not get anymore meaningful information after it, i don't believe we will get this expansion in 2020. Unless Blizzard is crazy and will release an completely unfinished product again. No way they create a proper expansion in 11 months.
    Even what was shown took more than 11 months already. So yes, no way, but not for the reasons you think. The remaining work at this point is likely far less than 11 months, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    hype

I hope soloing will stay easy like today...

I suspect the minimal info given is kind of the fault of the community as much as it being Shadowlands is early in development. Blizz no longer dares promise much in the reveals, because if they have to change things in development the playerbase screams about "Blizz lied to us!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I suspect the minimal info given is kind of the fault of the community as much as it being Shadowlands is early in development. Blizz no longer dares promise much in the reveals, because if they have to change things in development the playerbase screams about "Blizz lied to us!!!"
    Underpromise overdeliver If thats their goal that is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So does this mean the pilgrim is a real person..or a spirit? my guess it's a mortal that somehow has the ability to go between both azeroth/shadowlands with ease. Think they're the one that saves sylvanas? I wonder what the motives would be for helping her.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Even what was shown took more than 11 months already. So yes, no way, but not for the reasons you think. The remaining work at this point is likely far less than 11 months, though.
    essentially you are not wrong
    lets face it....systems will be the last thing implimented so we just need the zones and quests up for testing
    lets say a month for each system
    4 together for covenants/soul binds
    1 month for tower
    1 for the raid
    2 for dungeons
    1 for leveling

the reason i say this is because the azerite system was implimented like a week before launch

- - - Updated - - -

i say this as a person that's hated nathanos since legion, but why should anyone care about a random reddit post?

it's just one other voice in the choir of hating this wretched co-opted self-insert.
    but nathanos is such a rich and interesting character
    he is super complex
    constant character growth
    just the best guy you could ever see in WoW

oh wait.....i thought you meant zappy boi not the emo fuck toy

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love new levelling system, but it's kinda strange that BfA will be 10-50 and Shadowlands just 50-60. I wonder if, instead new level cap, it will keep squishing to 60, but leveling taking longer every expac. Something like that:

9.0: BfA 10-50, Shadowlands 50-60

10.0: BfA 10-25, Shadowlands 25-50, 10.0 50-60

11.0: BfA 10-23, Shadowlands 23-36, 10.0 36-50, 11.0 50-60

12.0: BfA 10-20, Shadowlands 20-30, 10.0 30-40, 11.0 40-50, 12.0 50-60

Of course alts could level anywhere.