Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Although I played least in wod, I feel like wod lacking content the unforeseen problems of the garrison system (albeit they double downed and made a second garrison, like what?). The fact BFA existed when people gave way way way more feedback on issues prior to launch than wod makes BFA the worst. Less people were playing during wod and there were major content droughts, whereas bfa was hot off of legion, the devs made very few posts, put changes on the beta with no context, didn't EVEN have people working on each spec after removing the artifact system, much less fixing each spec, put azerite on the beta like a week before launch (and responded with its leveling gear when people said it was boring, turns out the traits are the same for all content XDDDD). And how can we forget the GCD issue, and them changing the AP system where before you got it from all content (so if you have to grind ap you can get it from dungeons/pvp) and instead made the best sources islands (cause people have to be forced to do new content for some reason) and world quests (which had way few variations than the legion ones). Wod wasn't good yeah, that's why so many people quit, but BFA actually makes me angry and for that in my opinion its the worst.

3+ Year Old Account
    WoD is the worst by a mile, Cataclysm 2nd worst.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    To you

10c
    Legion had a thousand times more content and consistent story than WOD.

WOD's story also been retconned half a dozen times by this point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    I think BFA is the worst, the reason why is think it's worse than WOD is because wod was bad because of the lack of content, BFA is bad because nothing feels worth doing.
    Did you forget people were complaining back then that trashran wasn't worth doing, and that the raids were subpar?

WoD by miles. As many have said, it felt like toooons of fun the first month, but quickly became the least enjoyable expansion. It featured no new classes or races. BfA at least has 6 new races to UNLOCK, not including the 4 that came right before its release. That's already way more content that feels satisfying to achieve than anything in WoD. The zones are also the best yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post

I don't play WoW for story, though what story was there for wod was plenty fun to play through.

Legion had more chore activities, I wouldn't call that a selling point. The content I cared about was still top notch is WoD, with infinitely better class design than the legion overhaul, without the chore activities. I'd take WoD over legion any day.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Imagine playing Warcraft for the STORY omegalul.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't play WoW for story, though what story was there for wod was plenty fun to play through.

Legion had more chore activities, I wouldn't call that a selling point. The content I cared about was still top notch is WoD, with infinitely better class design than the legion overhaul, without the chore activities. I'd take WoD over legion any day.
    The missing Shattrath content that lead Yrel to go light nazi says hello

Legion gets the worse - brought about the one thing that keeps me from wanting to stay subbed (took away my Survival hunter)

WOD sucked, BFA sucked worse (barely made it though 3 months) but screw Legion..... Cata is slightly above WOD but not by much....

5+ Year Old Account
    WoD needed the most improvement by far. Garrisons, your private prison, were barely customizable even though you spent 99% of the expansion there. No flying till the end, so much cut content, no capital cities, etc.

This was the expansion where they thought they could put out yearly expansions and everything suffered for it.

No. WOD was not better then Legion.
    While I completely agree with you it's still your personal opinion. He's completely free to hold that opinion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Class design is everything and that's why Legion absolute worst xpac of all time
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    While I completely agree with you it's still your personal opinion. He's completely free to hold that opinion.
    WOD is objectively bad. there is nothing subjective about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Class design is everything and that's why Legion absolute worst xpac of all time
    Oh? Vanilla and TBC had notoriously bad class design; entire classes were either unplayable or completely ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh? Vanilla and TBC had notoriously bad class design; entire classes were either unplayable or completely ignored.
    What? TBC had great class design, which was very evident is party and raid settings with synergies between classes and group setup. I miss party-wide buffs, actually made for interesting raid compositions

BFA because it has no appealing qualities what so ever.
    Its not fun to level, max level content feels boring, no solo content on max level (like suramar), nazjatar was a big disappointment...
    Allied races, island expeditions, warfronts = boring and pointless imho.
    The classes being so overpruned is also a huge problem for me... bored to death.

Legion actually had some fun things even in the last months.
    BFA for me got boring during the first month.
    Honestly would love some TBC servers or a return to MOP-style class design.

Fun fact: EK/Kal are now older for us now than they were pre Cata - and they're *still* not updating it! 6 years vs. 9 years.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2019-11-20 at 01:32 AM.

BfA is my least favorite expansion because of the apparent (to me, anyway) lack of polish. I don't remember ever seeing so many typos nor small bugs and broken things in any other expansion. Death by a thousand cuts is another good way to describe this expansion for me. There's a lot of PvE content on offer (whether or not someone enjoys ALL of it), tons of stuff to collect, and I've liked all of the more cinematic elements they've put into the story. That being said, every other expansion has had plenty for me to enjoy, but BfA simply lacks attention to detail like all of them had. It's like they either have no proofreading team anymore or they've all been replaced by people from the internet generation who only know how to type in shorthand and don't understand proper punctuation.

In a nutshell: BfA is the worst for reasons that probably only bother me.

The last 3 in my books WoD,Legion and BFA are all as bad as each other. The last time i enjoyed and looked forward to playing WoW was in MoP, would've been a great expansion not for the introduction of CRZ and Pandas.

You sound exactly like the people who say MoP or Legion are objectively bad.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

TBC because it introduced flying

I'm torn between that and Wrath for introducing cross-realm matchmaking

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You sound exactly like the people who say MoP or Legion are objectively bad.
    > 1 major patch excluding the selfie patch

Nuff said