Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Balance can't be forced because in truth, most people don't want to be on a balanced server. The only kind of open world PVP that a lot of people are interested in is the kind where they know they will win.
    +1. Usually it's only the losing side that asks for balance. The winning side doesn't seem to be bothered by it in the least. People always gravitated towards their faction's server. Even with BGs and arenas, people did that so they'd have "the best people" to choose from as their teammates.

The only way to create true balance is to completely ditch servers, have one massive server (assuming there would be a tech that would allow it). And even that may end up with people crossing over to one faction only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    What's the fun in this?
    Ask the 60 hordies who were chasing the 20 alliance. Those people find it fun. And it's your 1 to their 60. I'll tell what is "fun": winning.

My server is just fine. Play on a different server if the balance bothers you.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    My server is just fine. Play on a different server if the balance bothers you.
    And people who were outnumbered did this, which meant that those who stayed were even more outnumbered.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Selective memory, you mostly remember being outnumbered because it was inconvenient. Yes for some servers it is true, but faction specific ques? You know that many servers haven't had ques for more than a month, with the occasional 30min que on sunday evening.
    Faction specific transfers? It is very unlikely that people would move to another server because they are in the dominant faction. Further, you would have to balance the new servers aswell which looks like an impossible task to me.
    Thank you. This is the kindof level headed response I've been looking for instead of the constant reeeee that alot of others are spewing. If everyone could take a page from your book, this forum would again be a place of discussion instead of constant outrage. To answer your question: Faction specific transfers is already active, and I suppose it might have some effect as we've seen A:H balance evening out on (some) servers the last week. I figure the tryhard horde honor farmers the are soley out for ranking have realised that its hard to farm HKs on a server with no alliance to kill so they transfer off. My point of faction specific transfers would add a further incitament to transfer away.

Now, as some have correctly pointed out, alliance is out-numbered on almost every single PvP server currently (with very few exceptions) so there arent that many servers available for horde to transfer to if they want a close to 50/50 balance.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

You know what is causing the imbalance? That this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    the main problem is alliance is just bad at pvp, all servers are dominated by horde not because of population but because alliance players are beta pve'ers who worship asmongold
    ...is not only the juvenile rambling of some lonely person who feels insecure about his gender, but also the official Blizzard narrative.

This is the faction-identity they promote. And have been promoting for more than a decade. You cannot blame players for following the path the devs want them to take.

Would you join a faction declared "beta" by both the 12yo AND Blizzard? The answer for most people is: No.

Add this to the pile of arguments already given here plenty of times, the most important of which is that a large portion of PvPers (which are mainly Horde) matching PERFECTLY the description given in the quote above...and therefore WANTING to play on a server where actual danger in combat with the other faction is minimal.

The fight against faction imbalance in WoW has been lost for many, many years.

Edit:
    I'm already stocking popcorn for the BG launches when Horde players will sit in hour-long Qs. Somebody mentioned something like "launching BGs would help". Oh hell yes! It will help to escalate the situation further! BG-Qs will be our first real, official measurement of the faction-imbalance in PvP content. It will be GLORIOUS!
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-11-20 at 09:30 AM.

Hoohoo, if only the game went through this the first 6 years of its existence and we have what we have today and all the changes and balances for the faction problems.

Server balance will never exist, people dont care about balance, even the "PvPers" showed this when everyone had the same stats and the forums exploded about how they hate it, they want to win, balance be damned.

The average plebeian only remembers how he randomly 2 shotted someone leveling when he was already 1 year in the game/expansion geared, because the stars aligned back in 2005-2010 period, he doesnt remember how the more progressed players would 1 shot him etc.

This is what people want, the majority at least, they know its Bear-->Dog-->Cat-->Mouse, they pretend to not care about the Bear and the Dogs destroying them as Cats, but sure as hell they want to destroy the mouses, and when they are the mouse, all hell erupts about server balance.

Get destroyed, enjoy it or quit, or even better, they need to get those server transfers out to make more $ from desperate people to return to being the Dog/Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They are not being stupid. They are giving themselves the best chance of a win or mostly uninterrupted PVE play while on PVP realms. That's a choice and one that is understandable. I still prefer the model of playing on a PVE realm and just flagging up when I want (of which Warmode in BfA is a direct descendant).

I don't know that I've ever seen someone complaining about server imbalance if they were on the plus side of the split.
    Which ultimately means one thing: People don't want balanced factions. They want their faction to be the bigger one.

No changes.

People were miserable in Vanilla. People are miserable now. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    You know what is causing the imbalance? That this...

...is not only the juvenile rambling of some lonely person who feels insecure about his gender, but also the official Blizzard narrative.

This is the faction-identity they promote. And have been promoting for more than a decade. You cannot blame players for following the path the devs want them to take.

Would you join a faction declared "beta" by both the 12yo AND Blizzard? The answer for most people is: No.

Add this to the pile of arguments already given here plenty of times, the most important of which is that a large portion of PvPers (which are mainly Horde) matching PERFECTLY the description given in the quote above...and therefore WANTING to play on a server where actual danger in combat with the other faction is minimal.

The fight against faction imbalance in WoW has been lost for many, many years.

Edit:
    I'm already stocking popcorn for the BG launches when Horde players will sit in hour-long Qs. Somebody mentioned something like "launching BGs would help". Oh hell yes! It will help to escalate the situation further! BG-Qs will be our first real, official measurement of the faction-imbalance in PvP content. It will be GLORIOUS!
    alliance beta mad cuz bad KEKW go worship asmongold

Imo the only logic way to fix it is to implement "free raction transfer" to the less populated faction.

We have Server Merges already.. they're called Connected Realms.

So you're asking server merges to solve imbalance of two servers.

I'll let you do the math and see why that cannot work.

They never should have made this many realms. Makes no sense at all.
    The reason Classic is what it is today is because of Nostalrius, who was known for its 22+k people online on weekends.
    Making dozens of servers with 1/10th of that is not what the game should have been.

They need to drop these queues, expand the server capacities, and merge all low population realms, then open paid character transfers.

This problem is only going to get worse, so maybe doing it now isn't an issue, but it WILL be eventually.
    Its just a matter of time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    It is true that you cannot force it, but blizzard nowadays got the tools to somewhat manage it to some extent. When they have the power - why not use it if it creates a better game experience for everyone?

I dunno about common. As I mentioned above, I believe I know of 1 server merge in late vanilla (or might have been TBC). Burning Blade-EU and some other server. Maybe it was done on US servers aswell that I dont know of.

Perhaps they do. Infact they probably do. Maybe they are just waiting for players to clamour for it. So, here I am.

You're making a blanket statement that I simply don't believe to be true. I would go as long as to claim that in separate skirmishes sure, people ofcourse want to be on the winning side (As Conan put it: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!") but for the sake of long term longivety of a realm I truly don't believe anyone want to be on a 100% one-sided "PvP"-realm., I mean, whats the point in that?
    no that was much, much after... the server merging i mean. They started doing transfers near the end of vanilla right before BC and mergers werent till cata

I do no agree.
    My server is PERFECTLY balanced and stable so i do not want to merge with anything else.
    I love to watch Asmon and a few other streamers but they lost a lot in my eyes due this whinning since start of phase 2.
    If you have chosen overpopulated server it is your problem.

Then don't play on a high pop realm, and transfer to those dead ones blizz has you do for free during peak hours. Or suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell expected faction balance to be a thing in Classic?

You're extremely lucky if you're close to 50/50.

If there are any balanced servers, reroll if it bothers you that much. No one with any common sense expected balanced servers.

Are there any servers in Europe where Horde don't dominate a PVP server?

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    that wont cause balance, it would only swing the scale in the other direction
    Uh no it wouldn't. If Horde had to wait in a longer queue to get on a server they dominated 70-30 that would literally encourage them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Uh no it wouldn't. If Horde had to wait in a longer queue to get on a server they dominated 70-30 that would literally encourage them to leave.
    ye and eventually its gonna be 70-30 in the favor of the alliance, and then it will go back and forth untill the realm is dead

stuff like this can get volatile rly quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    ye and eventually its gonna be 70-30 in the favor of the alliance, and then it will go back and forth untill the realm is dead

stuff like this can get volatile rly quickly
    While not really comparable, a TBC private server tried this, and it failed.