Quote Originally Posted by Dipso View Post
    Oh i see, so rare mount if only drops from panda wbs, without coins, ok. Noted
    What the hell is your point exactly?

Both are rare as hell, obviously. The Rocket just more so.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Only true rare mounts that drop are the four outdoor bosses in MoP. Others might be time consuming to an extent, but have far greater drop rate. TW mount has low droprate, but quite easy to farm since you can kill hundreds of bosses each TW week. Fill me in if I forgot about any. Then we have the unobtainable mounts, like old glad mounts vanilla epic mounts aq mount and a few others that are more rare, but those do not fit the topic of this discussion.
    Again, what is not rare for you or me, will be rare for someone else. Someone might have time to play 1-2 characters tops etc. In that case many more mounts will be rare.

For me for example the TW mount is way harder to get than the ones from mop, because those I just farm afk every week while doing other stuff. As for TW, I've done the dungeons so many times I want to barf when I see them again. Plus it requires 100% attention and usually also carrying 4 leveling noobs who can't do any dps whatsoever (got to que as a tank for instant q).

How is that rare , then you can kill with X chars + coin?
    Oh i see, so rare mount if only drops from panda wbs, without coins, ok. Noted
    Are you that clueless or trolling?

Pandaria world bosses are on a weekly lockout like raids, which means you have 52 + 52 (bonus rolls) = 104 chances to get them per character per year. If the chance is 1 in 2000 (which by the way we don't know the exact official drop rate, this is just an estimate) having 104 attempts per character per year is still ridiculously low. I'm nearing 4500 attempts on my remaining two myself. Been doing it every week for 2+ years now I think. The chances are insanely low and only beaten by the love rocket + a couple other mounts that you could argue could be farmed quickly due to the lack of lockout of any sort (like the world drop bfa mounts)
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-11-15 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Again, what is not rare for you or me, will be rare for someone else. Someone might have time to play 1-2 characters tops etc. In that case many more mounts will be rare.

For me for example the TW mount is way harder to get than the ones from mop, because those I just farm afk every week while doing other stuff. As for TW, I've done the dungeons so many times I want to barf when I see them again. Plus it requires 100% attention and usually also carrying 4 leveling noobs who can't do any dps whatsoever (got to que as a tank for instant q).

Are you that clueless or trolling?

Pandaria world bosses are on a weekly lockout like raids, which means you have 52 + 52 (bonus rolls) = 104 chances to get them per character per year. If the chance is 1 in 2000 (which by the way we don't know the exact official drop rate, this is just an estimate) having 104 attempts per character per year is still ridiculously low. I'm nearing 4500 attempts on my remaining two myself. Been doing it every week for 2+ years now I think. The chances are insanely low and only beaten by the love rocket + a couple other mounts that you could argue could be farmed quickly due to the lack of lockout of any sort (like the world drop bfa mounts)
    Ofc trolling. all mounts are rare lol. and people thinking only panda wb are rare are trolls too.

Big Love Rocket.
    Ok. That's one. But it's not as rare as people think. You can do it for 14 days during the event. But sure it's less than 104 times(with coin) a year you can do mop bosses. Drop rate is more or less the same. A short event is also less tedious than being on for every week for a whole year to farm something.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2019-11-16 at 05:06 AM.

X-51 Nether Rocket (Rare - Blue Coloured Variant) is my rarest mount (0.6% according to wowrarity).
    Never seen anyone use them in game. Its my standard mount on every toon.

Only redeemable from the out of print TCG card (Epic Red is Black AH and its 3.4% rarity - Blue is not in game any more), I bought of the AH for like 50k gold back in the hour they announced that rare flying mounts will scale to Epic Flying speed in the upcoming Cataclysm expansion and before the news became general knowledge and spiked to a million(s) gold. Best buy, rarest mount, cheap, and still using it a decade later

Finally got Ironhoof Destroyer after a crazy amount of 934 attempts. It does indeed still drop but the drop rate seems to be way lower than what one would normally expect from a raid boss mount. This one dragged a bit so I'm glad it's over.

Last edited by Azerate; 2019-11-20 at 11:00 AM.

Yikes ^

Grats and all, thats actually a cool mount I paid for a run at the end to get it.

I did get the Hellfire mount recently from Archimonde, after a pretty low number of kills (I wanna say like 20). So that was lucky, but at the end it was a 5 min run with the Mannoroth skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yikes ^

Grats and all, thats actually a cool mount I paid for a run at the end to get it.

I did get the Hellfire mount recently from Archimonde, after a pretty low number of kills (I wanna say like 20). So that was lucky, but at the end it was a 5 min run with the Mannoroth skip.
    Yeah, I was also pretty lucky with Archimonde, got that one with just running it on my main in Legion after 25 attempts. It's possible it's a higher chance, or maybe we just got lucky, but I've seen many cases of this one dropping fairly quickly

Finally got Ironhoof Destroyer after a crazy amount of 934 attempts. It does indeed still drop but the drop rate seems to be way lower than what one would normally expect from a raid boss mount. This one dragged a bit so I'm glad it's over.

Gz!!!
    In one way I'm happy for you, but also a bit frightened... I'm at ~130 attempts
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Woop woop, got my Valajar Stormwing tonight, my first Paragon mount too.

Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Did the anniversary raid event and caught a glimpse of the loot I was awarded with upon killing Ragnaros. I wasn't able to loot it fast enough and panic began to set in. The relief I felt when it was mailed to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not entirely rare but the maze might be the worst thing i've ever had to do in this game. Worth it though
    i think im the only one who loved the maze.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

My year-long hunt is finally over...

36 attempts. RNG gods favored my today

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Grats dude It's the last "soloable" raid mount I need, been farming for over a year, every single week, with 11 characters and...nothing Probably used up all my luck on Kor'kron Juggernaut which I got on my 2nd Garrosh kill :v
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

So a few days back while finishing leveling my zandalari and highmountain characters for their heritage armor, I decide to look at the BMAH and I saw the last world boss son of galleon mount I needed there on my server. I was running close to the end at 700k so I decided as the last minute to drop 926k on it and won it to my surprise. I had over 8688 kills with bonus roll coins on 30 120 lvl alts in the end. This was a long time farming and I can finally say it is all over and done. Time to focus now on some other heritage armor characters until the event ends and some of those legion raid bosses and BFA mounts as well.

Didn't see this thread before.

From July until now, I've had a crazy lucky streak :

I farmed these on numerous characters a week.

Only Galleon left in the World Boss department.. Ironhoof Destoryer is the only other im after currently!

I'm literally stunned. Last night I got the Felsteel Annihialtor and just now, the RNG god gifted me Horridon

Got Ji Kun last week, totally done with ToT now yay.

What's the name of the addon that shows the number of attempts on the achievement?