Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just FYI - At this point, nothing is stopping an off-world demon armada from returning to Argus, find it destroyed, then head to seat of the pantheon to release Sargeras. Ilidan probably starved to death or hanged himself from boredom by now and chilling on the throne in his eternal demon soul form..

if i had to guess, sargeras was basically acting as the ultimate warlock. all the demons of the legion were likely bound to him, and upon his sealing, they were free to turn on each other and descend into mass chaos.

that said, thousands of ships made it through the portal before we finished our work on argus. you could look up and see them traveling to azeroth as we fought. there should still be demonic strongholds throughout azeroth, and completely fel-ruined areas. we really needed a world revamp to show this.

we needed an expansion that wasn't battle for azeroth. idk what dumbass thought this was the right premise for a post-legion expansion, but they legitimately do not deserve a job in storytelling anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Like that one Wrath dungeon where you fight up to Arthas being an icecube via Sylvanas or Jaina, and then flee as fast as you can to the airship? Sounds good to me.
    Oh yeah, Halls of Reflection.

We didn't really defeat the legion head on, we stopped the latest crusade against azeroth, by launching a desperate last effort mission full of magical macguffins, some deus ex machina titans and a lot of self sacrificing legendary heroes. Basically we threw them back into the warp where they are now squabbeling amongst each other until a new leader unites them again/sargeras reemerges from his prison.

So more or less what happened the last couple of times. "Million to one chance, but we JUST might be able to make it." Because we have a whisp tree with pew pew power. Or an orc with a tree axe. Or Titans, magical artefacts and a curiously resiliant space ship. And the power of friendship of course.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Did you know that during WW2, Germans were able to "pull off" their conquest of Europe when they were outnumbered, had inferior technology and inferior weapons? Now, you do.
    Um... Inferior numbers, sure. Inferior tech and weapons, though? Explain.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if i had to guess, sargeras was basically acting as the ultimate warlock. all the demons of the legion were likely bound to him, and upon his sealing, they were free to turn on each other and descend into mass chaos.

that said, thousands of ships made it through the portal before we finished our work on argus. you could look up and see them traveling to azeroth as we fought. there should still be demonic strongholds throughout azeroth, and completely fel-ruined areas. we really needed a world revamp to show this.
    Please no, their idea of revamp is to completely ruin a few zones then never touch them again.

we needed an expansion that wasn't battle for azeroth. idk what dumbass thought this was the right premise for a post-legion expansion, but they legitimately do not deserve a job in storytelling anymore.
    Simple, the fanfiction peddler in your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Um... Inferior numbers, sure. Inferior tech and weapons, though? Explain.
    They used a lot more horse and buggy than they lead the world to believe. The entire Ally armies were mechanized, while a large portion of the Nazis were not, despite the propaganda.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2019-11-20 at 02:09 PM.

Apparently by destroying the thing that kept respawning them in the Twisting Nether, and imprisoning Sargeras, the millions upon millions of Legion soldiers occupying thousands of planets just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It also helped us the fact, that BL was showing their usual retarded cockiness and ego.
    same thing with azshara. and basicaly every vilain in this game .... that's how blizz vilains are: cocky, retarded and dumb as rocks. I mean, azshara did the same mistake every other bad guy did before her. she was cocky and full of herself with "us" AFTER we defeated the legion. how stupid is she? did she have no clue who we are and what we did in the past? She could wipe us all but she decided to play games with us to show off how baddas she was, giving us the opportunity to fuck her in the ass. it's already seen and done. blizz don't know any other way to write their bad guy....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I can see where BfA came from, in a narrative sense. Cross-faction tension was exceedingly high following terrible first battle of the Broken Shore with the loss of Varian and Vol'jin, and add to that the events with Sylvanas in Stormheim and you've basically got the perfect explosive cap on what was already a smoldering powder-keg of Azerothian politics. Introduce into the equation a powerful new resource with a wide variety of weapons-grade application and you've got the perfect atmosphere for a combo resource/race war based on preexisting sentiment and protectionism.

It wouldn't have been the path I would've taken, as I think the faction conflict is pretty much WoW's weakest and most fatigued of story-arcs, but I can definitely see where it came from.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well, we had the key of worlds, so the legion couldnt effectively transport back all the might of the legion back home to defend, and we used the fact sargeras was looking away and about to destroy azeroth to free the titans and destroy the upper echelons/portals/energy source of the legion. *

Technically, it really was a strike force with minimal defense.

But it was

SO

BADLY

EXPLAINED.

And we didnt kill sargeras or whatever. We just freezed his world soul with the others titans at the pantheon's throne. And Illidan didn't beat it ever, he just stayed behind to make sure he never go out. The legion is still fully here, but withouth a will, soul and brain..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    They used a lot more horse and buggy than they lead the world to believe. The entire Ally armies were mechanized, while a large portion of the Nazis were not, despite the propaganda.
    German tech and weapons were certainly not inferior at the part of the war when they conquored Europe. No army was more mechanized 1939-1942. Allies were more mechanized at the last years of the war, but that's not because germans had worse tech. Chronic lack of fuel was the cause of that.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Same reason we beat the numberless armies of the Scourge.

Same reason we beat a world-destroying dragon of doom.

Same reason we crash into Elemental Planes and kill fire elementals and the Firelord with fire.

Same reason we regularly stomp eldritch abominations from beyond the veil of space and time and loot 28g from their corpses.

We're the players, thus we win. That's the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    You mean the good guys managed to save the world by overcoming incredible odds to defeat the bad guys?

This is probably the first time this has happened in all of storytelling ever and Blizzard should be ashamed to feed us something so utterly unlikely, incomprehensible and downright surprising.
    Made my day!

Of course you are perfectly fine to write a story where the protagonists keep failing and dieing left and right. There was quite a funny short episode of "Aeon Flux" titled "War" which did precisely that. "Game of Thrones" does this to some extent just the same. But you have to be careful with such an approach if you have primed your audience towards the "hero's story" beforehand (with all the "Champion" shenaningans). Such a plot twist could be the death of your story in an MMO, because people would leave in droves.

Now, if you would have communicated that the upcoming plot is somehow like the "Empire strikes back" - where people have to endure defeat and retreat for quite a time - then it could have worked. And it would have been refreshing. It just should not happen out of the blue when player expectations have developed in a specific way over the course of several expansions / years. Blizzard have decided to go the safe route and give us more of the same.

Though I don't really care much about the Legion storyline. I have enjoyed Suramar and the Artifact storylines much more.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Apparently by destroying the thing that kept respawning them in the Twisting Nether, and imprisoning Sargeras, the millions upon millions of Legion soldiers occupying thousands of planets just gave up.
    I mean...

The mortals literally dismantled Argus, the Legion's command, and helped imprison Sargeras himself. Wouldn't you give up after that?

I will never ever, ever, be happy with how they handled Argus. It was such a lore important planet and it was religated to some patch with a bunch of black jagged rocks and a few yellow fields. That place should have been a whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, cuz you know, in 7.2 Tomb of Sargeras was STILL their main way to Azeroth? And we managed to dismantle all their operations on Broken Shore (Nightborn, Gul'dan, Fel Totem etc.) in 7.0/7.1, so no, they didn't necessarily have stronger presence there? I really don't get what's your problem is with understanding the term "choke point". We went there with the Pillars of Creation to close the gate. Follow the story of the game you play, instead of making incoherent rants, pls.
    Ok answer me this man, where did the legion ships go? Why wasn't the legion attacking Dalaran with said ships + Broken Shore forces ? Like asking me to follow the story.. come on, that's just what I'm doing. There's a GIANT plot hole there, want me to not address it?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I will never ever, ever, be happy with how they handled Argus. It was such a lore important planet and it was religated to some patch with a bunch of black jagged rocks and a few yellow fields. That place should have been a whole expansion.
    Preach it. Naz'jatar also deserved more than being a shitty Timeless Tanaan Broken Island. Instead we got them demonstrating how poorly they juggle multiple story threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, don't play Diablo 3 you'll be so confused...

Boss Demon 1: My army will crush you
    Boss Demon 1: You thought that was my army? No-no-no... it was just a forward scouting division
    Boss Demon 1: So you defeated my entire army? My lieutenant will make a short work of you
    Boss Demon 1: If you want something done right...
    Boss Demon 2: So you killed that moron Boss Demon 1? Here, take this cookie. This is my army btw, it will crush you.
    ... ad nauseum

The general theme is: our enemies are morons. Even a 5yo could beat Legion.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    no, it isn't
    blizz refuse to answer that since ages, and i buzzed that non stop
    their only answer is wait for Chronicles, only to sh8t on it later and say it is canon from someone 'pov', how the f8ck is that canon?
    that comic writer retard (what was his name) has clearly refused to answer if Archimonde died in Twisting Neither or not
    Also btw, we kill many demons in Twisting Neither during Legion exp, and they still get a free rez later, so even the idea that if we kill them in TN they die forever, blizz sh8t on it in legion
    Even if it has not 100% clearly without the shadow of a doubt been said, logic dictates that if Archimonde was still alive in Legion we would have faced him. Sargeras was forced to play his final cards there after Kil'jaeden failed. Hence why we faced Aggramar and even the World Soul of Argus that was extremly important to the Burning Legions future. If Archimonde had still been alive at this point he would have been in our way to Argus.