Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selmara View Post
    If you don’t want to pay for them, don’t. It doesn’t change your play experience in any way.

There are always going to be exclusive sets and items. Some will come from Raid content or reputation gated and some will come from the store. I see no problem with this.
    Except it does when they start making microtransaction sets look better than all other gear in the game simply to make more money.

They're already been pumping out terrible looking sets for multiple tiers now.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you look at other MMOs, a loaded cash shop with cosmetics and boosts isn't anything new, however WoW is a subscription MMO, so that has to be taken into consideration.

Will be interesting to see where this all leads in a few years, personally I wouldn't even be surprised if we eventually see races.
    Do you know why Blizz charges for both cosmetic items and a monthly sub?

Because enough people accept it and pay for both. It really is that simple. Heck, Blizz even has a much better deal for themselves with getting people to pay $20 / mo for an element of P2W.

As long as people convince themselves that playing WoW and buying cosmetic items is worth the premium over alternatives, Blizz will happily charge them for it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see races and other things for sale. I fully expect Classic to have tokens at some point.

get ready for all the class sets to look like jumbled up garbage (already happened in BFA), since all the artist's efforts are going to be put into the cash shop sets.

it's pathetic that anyone can defend this.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Reread what I said, until you get it...
    But what you keep saying is so retarded that normal people won't be capable of "getting it"

People like you should be forced to play some pay2win MMO for a year, maybe then you would come back to WoW, and realize how their cash shop is absolutely a non-issue.

Also, your assumption that things that get put into cash shop would otherwise be available in game if there was no cash shop is simply dumb. Those things, in all likelihood, would never be made if they couldn't profit from it.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't see why people have a problem with the shop. It isn't like we haven't gotten a wide variety of new and interesting mounts that are in-game this expansion (Crab, Frogs, Parrot, Albatross, Mechanical Spiders and Wheels to name a few). As long as Blizz keep putting cool stuff in game and not solely from the shop then that is fine. Shop is optional; yes the pirate ship is fucking cool and unique but so are a lot of other mounts that you can get in-game and not via the shop.
    The issue comes from Blizzard putting the best mounts with uniqueness in the shop, while giving out reskins with shared rigging from other existing mounts as in-game rewards. The hardest content should reward the best items, not opening up your wallet.

Also there's the issue of the game having a box price and a mandatory subscription. Most games with both of those don't also have a cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

What questions ought we be asking? We know why those items are in the shop. You seem to think it's a problem for some reason.

I don't. If something is available for purchase and I don't want to pay for it... I don't. This is very simple.
    It's not a matter of 'if you don't like it don't buy it'. It's about ethics and the fact that it shouldn't be there to begin with. Especially for a game we pay a monthly sub for as well as pay for expansions every 2 years just so we can fill Goblin Koticks pockets. I know I am playing an old tune, but its one that needs repeating as this thread shows people need to be reminded.

The fact you are even defending this just shows that you need educating on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Except it does when they start making microtransaction sets look better than all other gear in the game simply to make more money.

They're already been pumping out terrible looking sets for multiple tiers now.
    Yes, and terrible mounts. How many horse reskins did Alli get while Blizzard threw mount after mount into the shop during BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It's not a matter of 'if you don't like it don't buy it'. It's about ethics and the fact that it shouldn't be there to begin with. Especially for a game we pay a monthly sub for as well as pay for expansions every 2 years just so we can fill Goblin Koticks pockets. I know I am playing an old tune, but its one that needs repeating as this thread shows people need to be reminded.

The fact you are even defending this just shows that you need educating on this matter.
    Then please, educate us. So far all you said is that it "shouldn't happen", because we are already paying for expansions and subscription. You failed to say WHY it shouldn't happen, since expansions and subscriptions aren't exactly arguments. Please. Provide some, to us poor, uneducated fools.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Then please, educate us. So far all you said is that it "shouldn't happen", because we are already paying for expansions and subscription. You failed to say WHY it shouldn't happen, since expansions and subscriptions aren't exactly arguments. Please. Provide some, to us poor, uneducated fools.
    Spoiler alert: He wants more content for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    It ain't free if you pay a subscription + expansion packs

If you want microtransactions, go free to play.
    Team Fortress 2 did just that and it's still kicking
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well some people would be ok if you could buy mythic raid gear for money, but those are imbeciles
    for me, if they add something with impact on gameplay, (dunno, auction mount, or special sockets or whatnot) that would be line for me, and i think for a LOT of people
    Thanks for conversation mate it was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It ain't free if you pay a subscription + expansion packs

If you want microtransactions, go free to play.
    Team Fortress 2 did just that and it's still kicking
    You don't seem to realize that the amount of developers and budget applied to TF2 is probably not even 1% of what WoW has. Using TF2's F2P model as an example completely defeats your own argument.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You don't seem to realize that the amount of developers and budget applied to TF2 is probably not even 1% of what WoW has. Using TF2's F2P model as an example completely defeats your own argument.
    Simply putting an example on monetization out there, not comparing budgets
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

This games about to become Maplestory p2p edition lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Imho games you have to buy and pay subscription should not have cash shop. No matter if all items are just cosmetics.
    This dude(tte) gets it. A cash shop may be OK for a truly F2P title, but imo it's completely unacceptable in a game that charges you for the box as well as for the mandatory monthly fee.

People spouting nonsense like OMG Y U WORRY JUST KOZMUTICZ KKK seemingly can't differentiate between F2P and B2P + sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm still mad I never got the wow movie xmogs, they are literally the best in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As long as the items in the cash shop remain mounts, pets, and cosmetic items I don't really mind it. Totally optional if you want to spend the money, so long as P2W-type elements are kept well out of it.
    The problem with this mindset is it will allow them to eventually grow bold and start selling more and more cosmetics that are supposed to be earned in-game. They already tried that in WoD (with the ravager and the fey dragon mounts which were obviously intended to be rep rewards), but thanks to the backlash backed out of it. And if not that, they will just shift focus to creating more and more unique store mounts at the expense of in-game ones, possibly leading to a situation where the store might become the only valid source of any and all new customization (SWtOR is a great example of that).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I have said more than that, maybe scroll back and read my previous posts. Or if you want a good description of why it's bad, there are plenty of articles and videos telling you why, they are not hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I want a good game that's worth paying full price for. And I am allowed to express my distaste with a company I loved to pieces since 1993. I am sorry I am not a corporate bootlicker who will eat up any shit Blizzard sell you.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-20 at 02:46 PM.

Every mount, pet or mog they add to the cash shop is one less reward for players to earn with an achievement or content in game.
    This also takes development time because it's unique.

The worst blind man is the one that doesn't want to see.
    Thanks for the heads up!