Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    How is accepting a bribe not a crime? This is literally a bribe in the form of a job. This is exactly what corruption is. How can you defend that? How? It's disgusting that hard-working people have to struggle to find a job while dogs like Biden can just accept bribes in the form of a job to his son. Fuck him and his son and if there is any justice in the US they should be both locked up for that. As for the firing, I have heard some Ukrainian officials on TV say that the fired persecutor was PLANNING to investigate the company. I didn't make that shit up.
    holy shit you are really going off the deep end, Biden's son getting a job isn't bribery or any crime, Biden didn't get anything for the company hiring the son. And again you seem to be so pissed off a some grand evil democrat doing something and ignore the countless worse version being done by republicans. Furthermore the investigator had plenty of time and did nothing, I'm sure in some interview after he was fired he was saying anything and everything.

Yeah of all the corrupt people in Ukraine, the one investigating your son's company suddenly makes all the difference between holding billions in aid or not.
    Wrong. The corrupt prosecutor who was fired had STOPPED the investigation.

And who made that call? Yup, Hunter's dad made the call on whether the guy needed to be fired and whether the US foreign policy must be put on the line to fix the one corrupt thing about Ukraine
    Also wrong. The decision was made by President Obama, with bipartisan backing in Congress, and at the urging of the European Union and the International Monetary Fund. Biden simply delivered the message.

the guy investigating the company your son is on (why is he on it? I don't know, how do people with 0 experience get to be on a board of executives while getting paid millions, I'm pretty sure there is nothing fishy there ...)
    Honestly, he very likely was on there solely to lend the prestige of his name. But that happens all the time in business, and there's nothing illegal about unqualified people holding cushy high-profile jobs because of who they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Am I, though?
    The "bad faith" thing is routinely used as an excuse to avoid sitting down the table and engage in discussion.
    "You're just gonna lie!" they say.
    Okay, so?
    If they're gonna lie, prove them a liar. Don't run away claiming superiority before you do.

And about the part of being "abhorrent to human decency"... this is a feeling, not a fact.
    Are you alright with the notion that people should be not allowed to talk based on personal "decency"?
    Because someone already tried that road before and history doesn't look kindly on them today.
    And besides, who decides whose feelings are important? Whose "decency" reigns supreme?

Just let everyone talk.

Same, which is why I don't believe "abhorrent thoughts" should be denied a platform, because sooner or later someone will decide YOUR thoughts are "abhorrent" on some volatile subjective standard and deny YOU a platform.
    The problem is that this has been tried and tried ad nauseum and they keep on lying and misrepresenting facts and people keep defending them and repeating their lies. I mean look at Trump how many lies is he up to now? I mean even if only 10 % of them is ACTUAL lies he should never be taken seriously and voted out asap. But some 30-45% seems to still like him and what he stands for in the US? So how is it that they still like him if they have seen all the lies he have spouted and all they have to answer is "Fake news"

- - - Updated - - -

1-Cleared by the entire investigation board that replaced the guy Biden fired ... yeah, that sounds cool. I'm not that stupid to buy that. Do you have any clue of how corrupt Ukraine is? I would definitely wanna have another team take a look a this.

2-Hillary investigation didn't turn up to "nothing", the conclusion was she did a crime but it was "accidental" and no "criminal intention" was found. I guess they read her brain or something. That's not "nothing", that's letting it slide and turning a blind eye to very possible criminal intent.

Yeah, cause asking someone to investigate corruption is bribery! I guess he should have let it slide right? Don't think so. Don't get involved in corruption and then you don't need to complain about being investigated. Simple as that. I fully support Trump trying to get to the bottom of this. Biden brought shame to our nation getting involved with corruption while bullying countries with aid paid by taxpayers. It's disgusting.
    So what you are saying is that you want US DOJ to do investigations on Ukrainian officials and all of their DoJ and all those involved? Or is it only Bidens you are interested in investigating? But regardless of wich if that is what Trump wanted to do why did HE want the Ukrainian President to make an official announcement that THEY was investigating Biden? As per yourself "Do you have any clue of how corrupt Ukraine is?" So if that is the case why would Trump want them to investigate Biden? Or Burisma? Because mark my words even if they di ANOTHER investigation and they came up with nothing you would not accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    If any of you don't want to be called a racist then stop saying racist things and supporting other people who say racist things. It is pretty simple.
    "Get in line, do as we want, repeat what we say. Then we'll stop calling you racist".

Mmmh, let me think about it.... no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    "Get in line, do as we want, repeat what we say. Then we'll stop calling you racist".

Mmmh, let me think about it.... no.
    Ok, specifically stop using Racist Rhetoric to justify anti-minority immigration policies. Stop supporting redistricting and voting policies intended to marginalize minority voters.

Lets start with those two. These are very concrete racist actions with wide support among the "Conservative" movement, and that is what it is getting called racist. We are not under any obligation so stop calling you and those like you racist as long as you keep supporting racist actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ok, specifically stop using Racist Rhetoric to justify anti-minority immigration policies. Stop supporting redistricting and voting policies intended to marginalize minority voters.

Lets start with those two. These are very concrete racist actions with wide support among the "Conservative" movement, and that is what it is getting called racist. We are not under any obligation so stop calling you and those like you racist as long as you keep supporting racist actions.
    Notice how many times you used the label. No arguments.
    Just get in line, agree with us, then you'll stop being a "witch".

And "witch" is exactly how the left is using the term nowadays, not to describe actual racism, but disagreement.

Again, a strong nope. You guys are obsessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

You wanna impeach Trump go ahead, I just want to see that dog Biden and his son both in prison.
    For what crime? or this just lock her up 2.0? don't worry we know the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanna impeach Trump go ahead, I just want to see that dog Biden and his son both in prison.
    Given that neither of them have done anything remotely illegal, this is just you wanting to wield law enforcement to attack and suppress political figures you don't agree with.

It isn't anything more than that. Just Night of Long Knives stuff, all over again.

I got no problem with opposing opinions.... the problem is that some fascist trash is attached to them 99% of the time (in my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Context is important here. I am clearly referring to opposing opinions within the group, not the opposing ideology. Inside the left there are many different opinions, and plenty of echo chambers that disregard other viewpoints. My point is that the Right no longer tolerates such internal differences, and seems obsessed with purging any voice that could speak out against Trump.

For taking bribery in the form of a job offer.
    Thats not crime, being offered a job for your connections while sleezy as it comes to politics, again is not a crime. You would come off a little more believable if you held republicans to the same standard.

hmf...Zelensky was offered 100s of millions for dirt on Hunter Biden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being offered gifts is also perfectly fine. We don't' arrest people at Christmas. Being offered gifts to your family as a politician to influence you is a crime and it's called bribery and you should get locked up for it.
    Why hasn't the Justice Department opened an investigation into the Bidens, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Being offered gifts is also perfectly fine. We don't' arrest people at Christmas. Being offered gifts to your family as a politician to influence you is a crime and it's called bribery and you should get locked up for it.
    again thats not what happened, or is Biden's son never allowed to have a job? I'll point OUT again that your razor focus on this when, Trump literally got our allies killed over his hotels being just one of the long list of such activities you think Biden is guilty of; is very much noticed by all.

Your reasonable expectation of a crime is so ridiculous, even if they hired the son to sit on their board only because his name is Biden isn't a crime, now if Joe said hire my son or your country won't get any aid, that would be bribery BUT AGAIN NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED.

If we follow your logic, Donald, Donald Jr., Eric, and Ivanka should all be locked up then. Because after Trump was elected, China started granting a suspiciously high number of trademarks to Trump businesses that would allow them to do more business in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Why hasn't the Justice Department opened an investigation into the Bidens, then.
    Likely that Trump did order such an investigation and was told that there was no basis for it.
    Which is why he needs foreign governments to do it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop derailing with topics that can have their own thread.
    Since this discussion was swiftly exhausted, this thread will be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."