Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    One thing i'm excited for (when I hit 60) is to set up ambushes on Raid Groups. There was an old video that really inspired me. It was an organized ambush on the opposing faction in a gorge. It was so well planned, like something out of a movie. They had tanks in the gorge, Ranged up on the cliffs, and Melee flanking the rear. I want to do stuff like that.
    You think you do now, but wait untill you are on the opposing side getting raped by 20+ vs 1 and forget ubrs, lbrs or brd without dying 7 plus times. At that time it gets stale realy quick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    You think you do now, but wait until you are on the opposing side getting raped by 20+ vs 1 and forget ubrs, lbrs or brd without dying 7 plus times. At that time it gets stale really quick
    What i'm talking about is 40v40, not 20v1. But I knew what I was getting into joining a PvP server. I'm well aware that while i'm out in the world by myself, i'm basically a sitting duck for roaming death squads.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Horde has PvP racials.
    Alliance has PvE racials.

The choice was simple.
    How are those PvP racials working out for you in the 20v1 fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    We waited so many years for Classic, don't ask Blizzard to rush stuff.

Also, it would be cool to let people change from the dominating faction to the lower one only, otherwise people will just run away from Alliance @Pvp Servers.
    It is time to let us use paid server transfers as well. I got a few friends that will love to migrate to my server <( º|º )>
    I mean I was hoping that Classic would launch with all content available at the start so I already think its taking forever and is being dragged for no real good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    How are those PvP racials working out for you in the 20v1 fights?
    It will be fine if we believe what everyone is saying, that horde dominates all the servers = )

15+ Year Old Account
    The wpvp has only affected my ability to herb and only slightly. Now I just can't free roam wherever I want, have to stay in certain areas away from roads. It'd be less of an issue if I had my epic mount.

When I ran to MC it was horde controlled so wpvp hasn't delayed raiding. It's actually the queue returning that is the true boogeyman here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    I mean I was hoping that Classic would launch with all content available at the start so I already think its taking forever and is being dragged for no real good reason.
    Same here. I'm not sure what the point of delaying AQ so long is. We still have to do the stupid server gate unlock thing, even more world pvp. By the time anyone gets around to forming up for Naxx when it releases, the damn game will be abandoned because people dropped off due to boredom of no BGs and no raids.

People who picked horde wanted safe PvP and why wouldn't they pick that route? Everyone picks the path of least resistance and picking the very dominant faction for PvP is a no brainer for the PvP crowd. I quit classic a while back, I was alliance on Shazzrah EU, I hit 60, did some content etc. When I hit the contested zones whilst leveling it became painfully clear how big the disparity in population for Ally/Horde actually was.
    But the population difference isn't what annoyed me, what annoyed me the most and a clear example of this happened during my last session playing, The horde were attacking Ironforge with a raid group and only a handful of alliance, maybe 10 out of the few hundred sitting in Ironforge were even interested in participating in PvP. It made me realise that there is clearly a big, big difference with attitude/player engagement in Wpvp/pvp between the Horde/Ally. And when I realised that P2 would bring Honor points and not BG's I decided to stop playing as being on a pvp server with a faction that is not only heavily outnumbered but also shows very little interest in joining in pvp was very off putting.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the game becomes unplayable when a raid group engages in pvp because of blizzards really good servers.

make it possible to faction change
    haha, good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    People who picked horde wanted safe PvP
    I picked horde because my Brother plays Horde. Even on PvE servers he plays Horde. I started leveling in Classic late, so I wasn't part of the decision making process. If it were up to me, we'd be Alliance on a PvE server, but he really enjoys PvP.

I picked horde because my Brother plays Horde. Even on PvE servers he plays Horde. I started leveling in Classic late, so I wasn't part of the decision making process. If it were up to me, we'd be Alliance on a PvE server, but he really enjoys PvP.
    If I really, really enjoyed PvP, I wouldn't have fun being on the side that would struggle to find players in the open world on a very top heavy horde server, fighting in numbers that makes any sort of engaging pvp redundant. Or sitting in longer queues because of the same reasons. Just my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent analyzed it so much, so i dont know if im 100% correct here,
    but i do feel like we need BGs asap, yes.

"World PvP has always been a core function of the game that comes with both risk and reward. This slice of Classic's content and systems progression mirrors how things unfolded back in 2005 when the Honor system was first introduced. Zones like Hillsbrad (the infamous setting of Southshore and Tarren Mill) turned into chaotic melees and players actively hunted members of the opposite faction wherever they could find them. All of this, of course, is confined to PvP servers for players who opted into that riskier ruleset from the outset.

For those who wanting a more structured form of PvP content that will be a greater source of Honor, we do have an update introducing instanced battlegrounds on the horizon. We'll have more information about the next content update, which will include battlegrounds Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley, in the very near future."

Looks like warsong coming soon™. But ion telling ppl on pvp servers that this is what they signed up for and I agree. Pvp is happening on pvp servers. If you wanted more structure, shldve rolled pve.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i'm talking about is 40v40, not 20v1. But I knew what I was getting into joining a PvP server. I'm well aware that while i'm out in the world by myself, i'm basically a sitting duck for roaming death squads.
    It took me 8 deaths to get to BRD. Horde were camping everywhere from the FP to the dungeon entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    It took me 8 deaths to get to BRD. Horde were camping everywhere from the FP to the dungeon entrance.
    Yeah, it sucks. out there. I've been murdered quite a lot too, and I play Horde! lol. Best hope is that things die down in time.