Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    for most the game i had no problem. it's just one particular area that gave me issue. the one in the tomb of mikthrull where you have to jump from the sides of the pillars to the other pillar right before you get force pull.

- - - Updated - - -

it was the 3 vine covered pillars right before i got force pull, where you jump from side of pillar to side of pillar. that 3rd jump was the problem. couldn't make it for the life of me with a mouse and keyboard, 1st try with controller was easy mode.
    Yeah that part was a bit rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope this game is successful for one simple reason, to convince EA that story driven single player games are still worth investing in. I am actually a bit impressed they still knew how to just make a video game and then sell a video game. None of the "live service" garbage or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Sounds good when you compare it to most other forms of entertainment, but does not sound good in context of other big video games that have far more time. I had over 500 hours that I thoroughly enjoyed for maybe $80 said and done (including DLC purchases)? No mods, just base game. 0.16 an hour. Same story for all my other favorite games.
    That's one of the big reasons why well crafted, solo experience, story driven games are becoming so rare. Some people just look at the play time and think "Why pay $60 for a 10-30 hour game when I can buy Call of Duty Nth and play it for 500+ hours?"

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    for most the game i had no problem. it's just one particular area that gave me issue. the one in the tomb of mikthrull where you have to jump from the sides of the pillars to the other pillar right before you get force pull.

- - - Updated - - -

it was the 3 vine covered pillars right before i got force pull, where you jump from side of pillar to side of pillar. that 3rd jump was the problem. couldn't make it for the life of me with a mouse and keyboard, 1st try with controller was easy mode.
    Yeah that part was a bit rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That's one of the big reasons why well crafted, solo experience, story driven games are becoming so rare. Some people just look at the play time and think "Why pay $60 for a 10-30 hour game when I can buy Call of Duty Nth and play it for 500+ hours?"
    The difference between what I was talking about (massive open world solo RPGs) and what you're talking about, though, is that is like 500 hours of completely non-novel content in COD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    the price to own the game seems a bit high for me who played through it once and likely won't play it again.
    however getting it from a monthly sub that grants me access to loads of other games that was totally worth it.

kinda wish there was a similar deal on the xbox though. think i'd enjoy it more with the controller :P
    Plug in your xbox controller to the PC. Not exactly rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Here's an idea. Get your Xbox One controller and..... plug it into your PC.
    don't you need to buy some adapter or something for that?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

If you want to play it wireless yes, Just get a USB cable and play it wired.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wow it's already out in "certain places" , that was quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    A USB cable, or a Bluetooth capable computer, yes

To complete the story it isn't that long. To complete the game, find all the secrets and unlocks... probably a shit ton of time..

This game offers people that really complete a game 100% a lot. People that just want to finish a fair amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep reading conflicting reports. Some people love it, some people hate it, most people in the middle say "its pretty good, wait for 30 dollar sale".

Maybe Ill bootleg a few hours and see for myself.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No he means literal new style Tomb Raider with hack and slash combat. AKA Uncharted in Star Wars universe. This game isn't anything like Souls, not sure what you're smoking lol.
    stfu, stop trying to be a typical MMOC user that tries to discredit everthing in an attempt to sound smart and witty. Game is based on Dark Souls aswel, it's a cross between Dark Souls and Metroid/Zelda games

- - - Updated - - -

lmao no, Xbox One Controller for pc can be connected through bluetooth. That's what I've been doing, can't really grasp my head around why people would play action games with mouse and keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I keep reading conflicting reports. Some people love it, some people hate it, most people in the middle say "its pretty good, wait for 30 dollar sale".

Maybe Ill bootleg a few hours and see for myself.
    Probably depends on what you are looking to get out of it. If you are looking for a challenging and deep Souls-like combat system, this isn't it. It is a very stripped down game in that regard. If you are looking for a highly original Star Wars story, this also isn't that. But if you are looking for a solid, if basic Star Wars tale in a game with some minor Uncharted/Tomb Raider environmental puzzles and some Metroid style backtracking and exploration with a fun (if basic) combat system, then you will probably enjoy it. Worth $60? Maybe not, but I don't regret buying it.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I doubt the issue is your hardware
    I have monitored the usage of my PC while playing, and I have tested doing other things at the same time. I can assure you, if my CPU is not solely responsible then it's at least a major contributor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    I have monitored the usage of my PC while playing, and I have tested doing other things at the same time. I can assure you, if my CPU is not solely responsible then it's at least a major contributor.
    Stuttering was extremely bad in the game for a while. I think they've patched it out or it got better as the game went along. But I can almost assure you that it isn't your hardware. I went from 100fps to 15fps stutter at weird moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Considering most reviews are the same with a couple rare exceptions. Their criteria is bs.

This game sucks big time. Its a bad tomb raider and thats it.

Not worth a buy.
    Fan reviews are consistently positive as well. I guess you didn't like it, but a lot of people loved it.

Also it's almost nothing like Tomb Raider. It has some of the wall climbing puzzles that the TR:Reboot series is known for, but that's okay as the rest of the game is Dark Souls lite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking it so far, it's not in the same league as Fromsoft games, but I'm honestly really enjoying it.

The soundtrack and the setting just make it worthwhile.

Just a heads up for anyone trying to use a controller that's not supported by Origin or Fallen Order:

Run origin through steam first.

It's a stupid fix, but if you add origin as a non-steam "Game" and boot everything through steam first, it will 100% allow you to use your steam settings for any and all controllers supported by Steam. Dumb, but it works.

I was really enjoying it to the point that I was wasting countless hours just messing around on the intro worlds.. But the performance just crashed once I got to Kashyyyk and I sadly haven't touched it since.. I'll probably try it later but it literally drops to like 10 fps (number pulled outta my ass) and randomly freezes during combat.

Otherwise, I found it to be a really relaxing game to play
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, the more I play, the more I enjoy the game. I wasn't too keen on the combat at first but as you get deeper in and unlock more force abilities and other combat options, it gets really fun. The environments are also way bigger then I thought they would be. I was worried when I heard you had to return to previously visited planets but you really barely touch the parts of said planet you already went through. It is mostly totally new areas of the same planets.

I even like the MC way more then I thought I would. He still is pretty generic but the voice acting and facial animations really help give the character life. Really, the only negative is the performance and bugs. Still getting pop-ins, stuttering, and the occasional audio bug. It's too bad because that is the only thing holding the game back from being one of the best of the year.

My only real complaints so far are load times and nitpicks.

When you die, why do you even have to click a button to respawn? Why doesn't it just do it automatically? Also, sometimes when you die the loading screen takes like five times as long as normal. Haven't been able to figure out why yet.

I really want to like the challenge of playing on Grandmaster, but the timing of dodges and blocks is SUPER jank. It's not just that the window of time to hit the dodge/block is narrower, it's that it's inconsistent. If anyone has some insight into this, that'd be great.